Episode 198: 9/18/2022
We kicked off this show with some mostly new post-punk, goth, and darkwave. We followed that with a set of post-punk and darkwave tracks. That was followed with a block of techno EBM and new beat songs. We played some heavier industrial and a speedcore/gabba track in the set after that. We played some post-punk tracks in the midnight block, then we finished up the show with some ambient, mallsoft, and comfy synth tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:08:10]
- Summore: Junktown (Sufaces, 2021, Self-Released) [0:08:10 - 0:12:13]
- Panic Priest: Self Control (Self Control, 2022, Negative Gain Productions/Midnight Mannequin) [0:12:13 - 0:16:42]
- Candy Coffins: Every Day a Fresh Atrocity (Every Day a Fresh Atrocity, 2022, Self-Released) [0:16:42 - 0:19:41]
- Urban Heat: City Lights (Wellness, 2022, Self-Released) [0:19:41 - 0:22:43]
- Home Front: Flaw in the Design (Think of the Lie, 2021, La Vida Es En Mus) [0:26:23 - 0:30:56]
- Nite: Would? (Would?, 2021, Self-Released) [0:30:56 - 0:34:11]
- Solemn Shapes: Air Hunger (Loss, 2019, Self-Released) [0:34:11 - 0:38:09]
- Electroforez: Zlo (Ash Code Remix) (505 (Deluxe), 2021, Self-Released/Sierpien Records/Klyukva Rekords/Vinylcodes/Bludog Music) [0:38:09 - 0:42:15]
- Julia Gaeta: Weight of You (Weight of You, 2022, Self-Released) [0:42:15 - 0:46:37]
- Twin Tribes: Heart and Feather (Ceremony, 2019, Young and Cold Records/Negative Gain Productions/Manic Depression) [0:46:37 - 0:50:43]
- Molchat Doma: Tantsevat (Etazhi, 2018, Detriti Records/Sacred Bones Records) [0:50:43 - 0:54:03]
- A Split Second: Flesh (33 RPM +8 Pitch) (Flesh, 1986, Antler Records/Raya Records/Trance Records/FFRR/Discoring) [0:58:31 - 1:03:18]
- Tragic Error: Tanzen (Tanzen, 1989, Who’s That Beat?/Logic Records/Max Music/Musart/Body Music Records) [1:03:18 - 1:07:01]
- Randolph & Mortimer: Repent (Torque Force, 2021, Mecanica) [1:07:01 - 1:12:22]
- Pablo Bozzi: Early Answer (Magnetisma, 2022, Bite) [1:12:22 - 1:17:21]
- Maduro: Feels Like Sin (Night Parade, 2022, Self-Released) [1:17:21 - 1:21:48]
- Author & Punisher: Maiden Star (Krüller, 2022, Relapse Records) [1:25:47 - 1:32:36]
- Luna13: Hear My Call (Gorgo, 2021, Cleopatra) [1:32:36 - 1:37:03]
- Persher: Man With the Magic Soap (Man With the Magic Soap, 2022, Thrill Jockey) [1:37:03 - 1:40:44]
- Haus Arafna: Social Automation (Children of God, 1998, Galakthorrö) [1:40:44 - 1:45:04]
- Gabba Front Berlin: Lacrima Mosa Est (Project: Enigma, 2006, Darkera) [1:45:04 - 1:49:28]
- Corridor People: No Longer Real (Corridor People, 2020, Push My Buttons) [1:54:04 - 1:57:56]
- Disorentations: Don’t (Memory Lanes, 2022, PIAS Recordings) [1:57:56 - 2:01:39]
- Siouxsie & The Banshees: Arabian Knights (Juju, 1981, Polydor/PVC Records/Geffen) [2:01:39 - 2:04:43]
- Nyx Division: Orchid Rain (Dark Star, 2022, Self-Released/Bat-Cave Productions/Play Alone Records) [2:04:43 - 2:08:52]
- Nox Novacula: Last Will and Testament (Ascension, 2021, Bat-Cave Productions/Manic Depression) [2:08:52 - 2:13:35]
- Jack Frost: Every Hour God Sends (Jack Frost, 1990, Red Eye Records/Polydor/Polygram/Arista/Karmic Hit) [2:13:35 - 2:18:09]
- Aphex Twin: Xtal (Selected Ambient Works 85-92, 1992, Apollo/R & S REcords) [2:21:56 - 2:26:46]
- Friendly Donut Shop: Hypno Donut (Autumn Assortment, 2020, Self-Released) [2:26:46 - 2:28:56]
- PowerPCME: Blue Light Specials Going On Now! (Kmart 1989-1992 (The Definitive Edition), 2017, Lost Angles/Goodnight Tapes/The Basement Labs/Videopunks) [2:28:56 - 2:31:01]
- m a l i b l u e :(: Hold On (No Sleep, 2015, Self-Released/Illuminated Paths) [2:31:01 - 2:33:01]
- Motion Sickness of Time Travel: When We Were Seven (When We Were Seven, 2022, Hooker Vision) [2:33:01 - 2:41:26]
- Ana Roxanne: Suite Pour L’Invisible (Because of a Flower, 2020, Kranky) [2:41:26 - 2:48:20]
The next edition of Club Nevermore, Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. This is also Club Nevermore’s Halloween event! This one will have: a costume contest with cash prizes; goth, industrial, etc. sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs and a dark EDM set by guest DJ King Qizzli; plus a flesh hook suspension performance by DJ 10.29 and Elation Suspension Crew. Further information can be found at this Facebook page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. A map with directions is available below.
Low Key Arts is presenting a showcase of the films made during their summer 2022 Inception to Projection program on Sunday, September 25, 2022, at The Vapors, 315 Park Avenue in Hot Springs. Further information can be found on this Facebook post.
Drug Church, Little Rock’s Colour Design, and Sling are playing a show on Tuesday, September 27 at White Water Tavern in Little Rock. More info and a link to buy tickets can be found at WhiteWaterTavern.com.
White Water Tavern is at 2500 W. 7th Street in Little Rock. Use the map below for directions…
Optic Sink, Various Blonde, The Mask of the Phantasm, and more artists are playing at this year’s Hot Water Hills Music and Arts Festival in Hot Springs on September 30-October 1, 2022. The full lineup, schedule, and a link to buy tickets are available at HotWaterHills.com
Hot Water Hills Festival takes place at Hill Wheatley Plaza, 605 Central Avenue in Hot Springs. A map with directions is available below.
This month’s edition of Friday Night Frights is Friday, September 30, 2022 at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. This month’s edition is a screening of Horror Express. More information is available at this page.