Episode 199: 9/25/2022
We started this show with some new industrial and synthwave tracks. Then we played tracks by some synthpop and synthpunk artists playing show in the Central Arkansas area in the near future. Then we played some goth and post-punk tracks. That was followed with a set of post-punk songs, then a set of noise and power electronics, and we closed the show with some shoegaze, experimental, and dark folk, all of which were themed around fall/autumn.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:35]
- Mach Fox: DigitalNations (VideoLogico, 2022, Phage Tapes) [0:06:35 - 0:13:33]
- Fox Nova Project: Your Scent (Predator Mix) (PredatorPrey, 2022, Phage Tapes) [0:13:33 - 0:19:38]
- Damien Hearse: Nihilist Wave (Nihilist Wave, 2022, Self-Released) [0:19:38 - 0:23:30]
- Destryur: Painsaw (Feat. Cobra Wipeout) (Tales of Terror, 2022, Night.Wav Records) [0:23:30 - 0:27:12]
- Summore: Never Coming Down (Surfaces, 2021, Self-Released) [0:31:34 - 0:34:38]
- Modeling: Low Fantasy (Somewhere Before, 2022, Self-Released) [0:34:38 - 0:39:45]†
- Optic Sink: Exhibitionist (Optic Sink, 2020, Goner Records) [0:39:45 - 0:45:10]
- Optic Sink: Personified (", “, “) [0:45:10 - 0:49:30]
- The Mask of the Phantasm: Exit Wounds (New Axial Age, 2021, Self-Released) [0:49:30 - 0:53:07]
- Skeletal Family: My Own Redemption (My Own Redemption, 2022, Self-Released) [0:58:32 - 1:02:03]
- Bachelors of Art: The Run (This Tribal Courthouse, 1986, Black & Blue Records/Self-Released) [1:02:03 - 1:06:33]
- Witchhands: Belie (A Voice and Nothing More, 2018, Self-Released) [1:06:33 - 1:11:08]
- Calaverx: Tenochtitlan (Tenochtitlan, 2022, Self-Released) [1:11:08 - 1:15:27]
- Bring Her: The Last The Worst (Comfort in the Shame, 2022, Knife Hits Records/Knife Hits Collective) [1:15:27 - 1:19:02]
- Christian Death: As Evening Falls (Catastrophe Ballet, 1984, L’Invitation Au Suicide/Nexus/Contempo Records/LSR Records/Candlelight/Cleopatra/Season of Mist) [1:19:02 - 1:22:30]
- Hante.: This Morning of September (Her Fall and Rise, 2014, Stellar Kinematics/Synth Religion) [1:29:04 - 1:35:07]
- Undertheskin: End This Summer (End This Summer, 2020, Self-Released) [1:35:07 - 1:38:50]
- Asylum Party: Together in the Fall (Picture One, 1988, Asylum Yield/Deanwell Global Music) [1:38:50 - 1:44:34]
- The PK14: 以及夏天以后 [Summer, After Summer] (城市 天气的航行 [City Weather Sailing], 2009, Tenzenmen/Maybe Mars) [1:44:34 - 1:48:37]
- Grazhdanskaya Oborona: Leto Proshlo (Summer Ends) (Boyevoi Stimul, 1988, Moon Records/KHOR/Misteriya Zvuka/Vygorod/Grob Records) [1:48:37 - 1:50:59]
- Night Mother: The Death of Summer (Candlelight Spells, 2006, Smell the Stench) [1:59:04 - 2:11:46]
- Sutcliffe Jügend/Prurient: End of Summer End of Summer (End of Autumn, 2008, Troubleman Unlimited) [2:11:46 - 2:23:52]
- Coaltar of the Deepers: The End of Summer (No Thank You, 2001, Music Mine) [2:27:53 - 2:33:38]
- Hirohito Taneguchi: 夏の終わり[Natsunoowari] (End of Summer) (1982-1986 Early Years, 2020, Suezan Studio) [2:33:38 - 2:38:35]
- Stone Breath: The Rainbow-Gilded Leaves of Autumn (A Silver Thread to Weave the Seasons, 1998, Camera Obscura/Hand/Eye/Self-Released) [2:38:35 - 2:40:59]
- Forest: Autumn Childhood (The Full Circle, 1970, Harvest/ZAP!/Si-Wan Records/Timeless/Parlophone/Music On Vinyl) [2:40:59 - 2:47:17]
- Coil: Amethyst Deceivers (Autumn Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers, 1998, Eskaton) [2:56:13 - 3:02:43]
† Local artist
The next edition of Club Nevermore, Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. This is also Club Nevermore’s Halloween event! This one will have: a costume contest with cash prizes; goth, industrial, etc. sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs and a dark EDM set by guest DJ King Qizzli; plus a flesh hook suspension performance by DJ 10.29 and Elation Suspension Crew. Further information can be found at this Facebook page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. A map with directions is available below.
Optic Sink, Various Blonde, The Mask of the Phantasm, and more artists are playing at this year’s Hot Water Hills Music and Arts Festival in Hot Springs on September 30-October 1, 2022. The full lineup, schedule, and a link to buy tickets are available at HotWaterHills.com
Hot Water Hills Festival takes place at Hill Wheatley Plaza, 605 Central Avenue in Hot Springs. A map with directions is available below.
This month’s edition of Friday Night Frights is Friday, September 30, 2022 at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. This month’s edition is a screening of Horror Express. More information is available at this page.