Episode 197: 9/11/2022
I (Operator OT) didn’t expect the show to happen this week, yet it did anyway. We debuted a new track by Vazum and played some tracks by artists who are playing shows in the Central Arkansas area in the near future. The following three blocks were a mix of goth, industrial, darkwave, synthwave, etc. and were mostly the tracks I played in my DJ sets at the September 10th Club Nevermore event. The fifth block was a set of hot new industrial tracks, then we closed with a couple of shoegazey tracks.
- Vazum: Double Stellium (Double Stellium, 2022, Self-Released)
- Colour Design: Feel Like Going Home (Nothing Matters Now, 2022, Self-Released)†
- Optic Sink: Personified (Optic Sink, 2020, Goner Records)
- The Mask of the Phantasm: Like a Wraith… (New Axial Age, 2021, Self-Released)
- Modeling: Remnants (Somewhere Before, 2022, Self-Released)†
- Sisters of Mercy: Black Planet (First and Last and Always, 1985, Merciful Release/Elektra/WEA/EastWest)
- Korine: Mt. Airy (Mt. Airy, 2022, Born Losers Records/Self-Released)
- Light Asylum: Knights and Weekends (In Tension E.P., 2011, Mexican Summer)
- Echo & The Bunnymen: Back of Love (Porcupine, 1983, Korova/Sire/WEA)
- Skinny Puppy: Glass Houses (Remission, 1984, Nettwerk/Scarface/Nettwerk America)
- The Cure: The Baby Screams (The Head on the Door, 1985, Fiction Records/Elektra/Polydor)
- Cyberthing!: The Darktronic (Feat. Misanthropix) (Extermination, 2019, Self-Released)
- Vision Video: Death in a Hallway (Death in a Hallway, 2022, Self-Released)
- Ministry: Just One Fix (ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ [Kefalixth], AKA, Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed and the Way to Suck Eggs, 1992, Sire/Warner Bros. Records)
- Killing Joke: Tabazan (Night Time, 1985, EG/Polydor/Virgin/Let Them Eat Vinyl)
- Siouxsie & The Banshees: Cities in Dust (Tinderbox, 1986, Polydor/Geffen)
- Maduro: Feels Like Sin (Night Parade, 2022, Self-Released)
- Sexual Purity: Runaway (Beautiful Scar of Society, 2021, Self-Released)
- Linea Aspera: Attica (Preservation Bias, 2019, Dark Entries)
- Molchat Doma: Sudno (Boris Rizhiy) (Etazhi, 2018, Detriti Records/Sacred Bones)
- Zwaremachine: Parasol (Conquest 3000, 2021, Phage Tapes)
- Noisuf-X: Hit Me Hard - X-Fusion Remix (Voodoo Ritual, 2009, Pro-Noize)
- Michael Berdan: The Demon (The Demon, 2022, Phage Tapes)
- Psyclon Nine: Money and Sex and Death (Less to Heaven, 2022, Metropolis)
- Persher: Man With the Magic Soap (Man With the Magic Soap, 2022, Thrill Jockey)
- L.O.T.I.O.N.: Electric Meat Slicer (W.A.R. in the Digital Realm, 2022, Toxic State Records)
- KMFDM: All 4 1 (Hyëna, 2022, Metropolis)
- Rabbit Junk: Love is Hell (Love is Hell, 2022, Self-Released)
- Bardo Pond: Ride Into the Sun (Looking For Another Place, 2014, Fire Records)
- Apollo Heights: Everlasting Gobstopper (White Music For Black People, 2007, Manimal Vinyl Records)
† Local artist
The next edition of Club Nevermore, Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. This is also Club Nevermore’s Halloween event! This one will have: a costume contest with cash prizes; goth, industrial, etc. sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs and a dark EDM set by guest DJ King Qizzli; plus a flesh hook suspension performance by DJ 10.29 and Elation Suspension Crew. Further information can be found at this Facebook page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. A map with directions is available below.
This month’s Sci-Fi Friday at The Labyrinth is taking place Friday, September 16, 2022 at 7 PM. This month’s edition is showing Battle of the Worlds. More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
Low Key Arts is presenting a showcase of the films made during their summer 2022 Inception to Projection program on Sunday, September 25, 2022, at The Vapors, 315 Park Avenue in Hot Springs. Further information can be found on this Facebook post.
Drug Church, Little Rock’s Colour Design, and Sling are playing a show on Tuesday, September 27 at White Water Tavern in Little Rock. More info and a link to buy tickets can be found at WhiteWaterTavern.com.
White Water Tavern is at 2500 W. 7th Street in Little Rock. Use the map below for directions…
Optic Sink, Various Blonde, The Mask of the Phantasm, and more artists are playing at this year’s Hot Water Hills Music and Arts Festival in Hot Springs on September 30-October 1, 2022. The full lineup, schedule, and a link to buy tickets are available at HotWaterHills.com.
Hot Water Hills Festival takes place at Hill Wheatley Plaza, 605 Central Avenue in Hot Springs. A map with directions is available below.