Episode 235: 10/8/2023
We began this show with some new post-punk, synthpop, and darkwave tracks. The first half of the second block was darkwave and goth; the block’s second half was black metal tracks by indigenous/Native American artists. The third block was a set of death industrial and power electronics, mixing both old and new tracks. The fourth, and final, block of this show was an autumn/October-themed set of experimental tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:08:14]
- Lunar Paths: September (September, 2023, Self-Released) [0:08:14 - 0:12:08]
- Ghost Cop: A Shot in the Dark (A Shot in the Dark, 2023, Self-Released) [0:12:08 - 0:18:34]
- Deceits: Every Promise (Every Promise, 2023, Self-Released) [0:18:34 - 0:21:24]
- Soft Riot: Linked Between Two Minds (No., 2023, Possession Records/Wave Tension Records) [0:21:24 - 0:26:16]
- genCAB: The Badge (The Badge, 2023, Metropolis) [0:26:16 - 0:30:53]
- Calaverx: Tenochtitlan (Calaverx, 2023, Self-Released) [0:33:47 - 0:38:05]
- Scarlet’s Remains: 1492 (Scarlet’s Remains, 2005, Alice In…) [0:38:05 - 0:42:06]
- Blackbraid: Moss Covered Bones on the Altar of the Moon (Blackbraid II, 2023, Wolf Mountain Productions) [0:43:26 - 0:56:51]
- Ushangvagush: Siguapatign (Mntu, 2022, Self-Released/Vigor Deconstruct) [0:56:51 - 1:01:47]
- Atrax Morgue: You Drive, You Try (Paranoia, 2000, Old Europa Cafe) [1:05:23 - 1:08:07]
- Brighter Death Now: Anvs Praeparati (Great Death II, 1994, Cold Meat Industry) [1:08:07 - 1:14:19]
- Softenon Babe: Daisy’s Dementia (De Morte Per Ciborum, 2023, Self-Released) [1:14:19 - 1:20:37]
- Controlled Death: Journey Through a Dead Body Track 5 (Journey Through a Dead Body, 2019, Urashima) [1:20:37 - 1:24:40]
- Distraxi: Southgate (Green Boots, 2022, Self-Released) [1:24:40 - 1:30:07]
- Black Autumn: The Advent October (The Advent October, 2013, Bylec-Tum Productions/Obscure Abhorrence Productions) [1:33:28 - 1:39:21]
- Pumpkin Witch: A Dark October (Final Strike of the Pumpkin Witch, 2019, Self-Released/Deathbomb Arc) [1:39:21 - 1:44:08]
- Svartsinn: September Dirge (Elegies For the End, 2009, Cyclic Law) [1:44:08 - 1:50:13]
- Cremation Lily: October Sails (The Processes and Instruments of Normal People; Trying and Failing, Falling and Water Running, 2017, Strange Rules/Alter) [1:50:13 - 1:57:14]
Saturday, October 14, 2023 is Club Nevermore’s Halloween Ball. The theme is The Worlds of Tim Burton. This will have DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Hollow, DJ Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm. The event starts at 8 PM. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
Note: Club Nevermore is now a private, members-only event and you must have a membership to attend! You can find info about joining Club Nevermore at this page.
This month’s edition of Friday Night Frights is on Friday, October 27, 2023 and is a screening of Doctor Blood’s Coffin. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Here’s a map with directions:
The Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is bringing Missfit Toys and Absynthe of Faith to Black Lodge Video on Friday, October 27, 2023. There will also be sets by DJ Graveyard Gloria and DJ St. Faust. More info and a link to buy tickets can be found on this Facebook event page.
Black Lodge Video in Memphis is doing their Halloween Masquerade Ball on October 28th. This will have sets by Jack Oblivion, The Sheiks, Turnstyles, Optic Sink, Joy Bomb, Little Baby Tendencies, plus DJ sets by DJ Graveyard (of the Dystopia Goth Night and Club Nevermore) and Selecter Jack. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin is performing the score from Dario Argento’s Demons at The Hall, at 721 W. 9th Street in downtown Little Rock.. Further details and a link to buy tickets can be found on The Hall’s website.
The Hall is at 721 West Seventh Street in downtown Little Rock—it’s about two blocks southeast of Vino’s. Here’s a map with directions.