Episode 234: 10/1/2023
We began this episode with some new industrial and synthwave tracks. We followed that with a “October mood setting” block, which was a set of deathrock, goth, metal, etc. that feels vaguely autumnal. Then we played a set of harder techno-y EBM and synthwave tracks. The fourth block was a set of goth and post-punk songs. The fifth set was a block of noise rock, then we closed the show with some experimantal and dark ambient tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:07:32]
- Ash Prison: Scorn (Future Torn, 2023, Sentient Ruin Laboratories) [0:07:32 - 0:11:45]
- 3Teeth: Merchant of the Void (EndEx, 2023, Century Media) [0:11:45 - 0:15:05]
- Matt Hart: Deep Down City (Deep Down City, 2023, Self-Released) [0:15:05 - 0:18:47]
- Zwaremachine: A Sickness (Thin Ice Remix) (A Sickness, 2023, Self-Released) [0:18:47 - 0:23:26]
- Damien Hearse: Crime (Crime, 2023, Self-Released) [0:23:26 - 0:26:51]†
- Blue Cross: Bring Out Your Dead (Mass Hysteria, 2011, Shogun Records/Self-Released) [0:30:57 - 0:35:09]
- Christian Death: The Drowning (Catastrophe Ballet, 1984, L’Invitation Au Suicide/Nexus/Contepmo/LSR Records/Normal/Candlelight Records USA/Season of Mist) [0:35:09 - 0:39:05]
- Saint Vitus: The Creeps (Mournful Cries, 1988, SST Records) [0:39:05 - 0:41:49]
- Saint Vitus: Bitter Truth (Mournful Cries, 1988, SST Records) [0:41:49 - 0:45:57]
- Devil Master: Her Thirsty Whip (Satan Spits on Children of Light, 2019, Relapse Records) [0:45:57 - 0:49:21]
- Modern Creatures: Time to Go (Modern Creatures, 2009, Grotesque Modern) [0:49:21 - 0:52:20]
- Misfits: She (Misfits, 1986, Wolfbane Records/Plan 9 Records/Caroline Records) [0:52:20 - 0:53:39]
- Adrenochrome: Lost City (In Memoriam, 2022, Self-Released/Symphony of Destruction) [0:53:39 - 0:56:21]
- Nuxx Vomica: Easy Go (FTEV, 2023, Synthicide) [1:00:10 - 1:03:06]
- Blush Response: Chronovisor (Shockpoint, 2022, Megastructure_) [1:03:06- 1:09:08]
- Confrontational: Black Glasses (Cut, 2023, NewRetroWave) [1:09:08 - 1:12:18]
- Confines: Buried Clothes (Work Up the Blood, 2021, Synthicide) [1:12:18 - 1:16:38]
- VTSS & Crystal Geometry: MDM508 (Borderline Tenderness, 2021, VEYL) [1:16:38 - 1:22:32]
- Sarin: The Culling (Moral Cleansing, 2019, Bite/X-IMG) [1:22:32 - 1:27:59]
- Nosferatu: Witching Hour – Recorded 13th August 1997 During the Witching Hour (Lord of the Flies, 1998, Hades Records/Cleopatra/Dark Fortune) [1:30:48 - 1:37:07]
- Animal Rojo: Cvt My Skin (Cvt My Skin, 2022, Self-Released) [1:37:07 - 1:41:10]
- Sombras: Lápida (Impermanencia, 2022, Self-Released/Casa Incendio) [1:41:10 - 1:44:59]
- The Darkstar Calling: Shadow of Your Love (The Wasteland Wanderer, 2018, Self-Released) [1:44:59 - 1:50:25]
- Rosegarden Funeral Party: Almost Heaven (Almost Heaven, 2022, Self-Released) [1:50:25 - 1:54:20]
- Hands Up Who Wants to Die: Late Cormorant Fishing (Nil All, 2023, Fonoradar/Human Worth/Sleeping Giant Glossolalia/Self-Released) [1:57:06 - 1:59:44]
- A Deer A Horse: Give it Up (Grind, 2022, Bitter Records) [1:59:44 - 2:05:06]
- Buildings: Felt Like a Perfume (Negative Sound, 2019, Gilead Media/Antena Krzyku) [2:05:06 - 2:08:45]
- Chat Pile: grimace_smoking_weed.jpeg (God’s Country, 2022, Flenser Records) [2:08:45 - 2:17:45]
- Karp: Get Your Hands Off My Cake (Karp/Rye Coalition Split, 1995, Troubleman Unlimited) [2:17:45 - 2:29:02]
- Pumpkin Witch: The Return of the Pumpkin Witch (The Return of the Pumpkin Witch, 2022, Deathbomb Arc) [2:31:37 - 2:35:53]
- Old Moth Dreams: Frater Silas’s Dread Revelation (The Whole Ghastly Debacle, 2023, Self-Released) [2:35:53 - 2:48:48]
- Underwater Sleep Orchestra: Blurred Oceans (The Night and Other Sunken Dreams, 2021, Cryo Chamber) [2:48:48 - 2:53:23]
† Local artist
Friday, October 6 and Saturday, October 7, 2023 is the Nocturnal Oddities Bazaar Art Exhibit at The Labyrinth in Little Rock.
In their words:
“Behold! An hauntingly creative experience to converge into the Halloween season. The Labyrinth presents The Nocturnal Oddities Bazaar Art Exhibit. This exhibit showcases local artists Nicole Stewart and Dustin Jackson. As well as curated vendors including Minerva’s Menagerie, The Parlour, Alluring Decay Artistry, and Relic Oddities.
“Not only is it an immersive museum showcase, but most of these one of a kind pieces will be available for purchase. You’ll find items ranging from original artwork to horror/halloween inspired pieces, taxidermy & preserved specimens, bone jewelry, animal skulls, & much much more. The exhibit will be open on Friday, October 6th and Saturday, October 7th from 6pm to 10pm.
“Admission to experience all the goosebumps is $10. Tickets can be bought on the Labyrinth website or at the door.
“Halloween costumes are encouraged! Come meet the artist and get in the Halloween spirit!
“We take pride in providing a safe space for anyone to come and discover new artists, meet new friends, and be surrounded by an amazing community of like-minded people🧛♂️🖤”
More info and tickets can be found on this Facebook event post.
PS: Club Nevermore members get a discount on tickets. Consult their site for membership.
Club Nevermore is doing a show at Vino’s in Little Rock on Saturday, October 7, 2023. They’re bringing Fayetteville’s Damien Hearse and the local band Vampire Police is making their debut! There will also be DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Hollow, and DJ Operator OT! Doors open at 7 PM; show starts at 8 PM. Note: a Club Nevermore membership is not required for entry into this event. Further details can be found on this Facebook event page.
Vino’s is at 923 W. 7th Street in downtown Little Rock. More info about the venue can be found on their website. A map with directions is below…
Club Nevermore is doing a Great Pumpkin Ritual on Monday, October 9th, 2023. Bring your pumpkin and carving tools, sip mocktails, and eat candy! This event is $5 for the public, and free for Club Nevermore members.
Saturday, October 14, 2023 is Club Nevermore’s Halloween Ball. The theme is The Worlds of Tim Burton. This will have DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Hollow, DJ Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm. The event starts at 8 PM. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
Note: Club Nevermore is now a private, members-only event and you must have a membership to attend! You can find info about joining Club Nevermore at this page.
This month’s edition of Friday Night Frights is on Friday, October 27, 2023 and is a screening of Doctor Blood’s Coffin. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Here’s a map with directions:
The Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is bringing Missfit Toys and Absynthe of Faith to Black Lodge Video on Friday, October 27, 2023. There will also be sets by DJ Graveyard Gloria and DJ St. Faust. More info and a link to buy tickets can be found on this Facebook event page.
Black Lodge Video in Memphis is doing their Halloween Masquerade Ball on October 28th. This will have sets by Jack Oblivion, The Sheiks, Turnstyles, Optic Sink, Joy Bomb, Little Baby Tendencies, plus DJ sets by DJ Graveyard (of the Dystopia Goth Night and Club Nevermore) and Selecter Jack. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin is performing the score from Dario Argento’s Demons at The Hall, at 721 W. 9th Street in downtown Little Rock.. Further details and a link to buy tickets can be found on The Hall’s website.
The Hall is at 721 West Seventh Street in downtown Little Rock—it’s about two blocks southeast of Vino’s. Here’s a map with directions.