Episode 232: 9/17/2023
We started this show with some new post-punk and darkwave tracks. The second block was a set of moody post-punk songs. The third block was a set of noisy and dirty industrial and power electronics. The fourth and fifth blocks were a mix of goth, industrial, darkwave, post-punk, synthwave, etc. tracks that I played in my DJ sets at the Club Nevermore event on September 9th. And we finished up the show with a set of shoegaze and experimental tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:07:49]
- Drab Majesty: Vanity (An Object in Motion, 2023, Dais Records) [0:07:49 - 0:13:35]
- The Sea at Midnight: Indian Ocean (Indian Ocean, 2023, Self-Released) [0:13:35 - 0:18:46]
- Sapphira Vee: What it Was (Fortune, 2023, Self-Released) [0:18:46 - 0:22:40]
- Nite: Criminal (Criminal, 2023, Self-Released) [0:22:40 - 0:26:04]
- Metamorph & Adoration Destroyed: Woo Woo (Woo Woo, 2023, Self-Released) [0:26:04 - 0:28:29]
- Dover Lights: Memory Dissolves (Dover Lights, 2020, Self-Released) [0:31:39 - 0:35:18]†
- Blessure Grave: In the First Place (In the First Place/Human Fly 7”, 2009, Holidays Records) [0:35:18 - 0:37:58]
- Cold Showers: Sinking World (Motionless, 2019, Dais Records) [0:37:58 - 0:41:41]
- The Bleak Assembly: Slow Down Time (We Became Strangers, 2022, Self-Released) [0:41:41 - 0:46:30]
- Asylum Party: Play Alone (Borderline, 1989, Lively Art/Deanwell Global Music) [0:46:30 - 0:52:50]
- Traitrs: Magdalene (Horses in the Abattoir, 2021, Freakwave) [0:52:50 - 0:56:44]
- V:XII: Hivemind Nation (Lu-Cipher-Sabbatean, 2023, Sentient Ruin Laboratories [1:01:08 - 1:05:45]
- Dreamcrusher: Satisfaction (Suite Two, 2023, Self-Released/Purple Tape Pedigree) [1:05:45 - 1:09:51]
- Witches of Malibu: A Monstrous Crutch (A History of Punishment, 2023, Deathbed Tapes) [1:09:51 - 1:17:35]
- Controlled Death: Track 1 From Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia: The Fear of the Number of The Beast Compilation (Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia: The Fear of the Number of The Beast Compilation, 2023, Deathbed Tapes) [1:17:35 - 1:23:34]
- Rosetta Stone: The Witch (Adrenaline, 1993, Cleopatra) [1:28:12 - 1:31:09]
- Boy Harsher: Motion (Country Girl EP, 2017, Ascetic House/Nude Club Records) [1:31:09 - 1:35:03]
- Wumpscut: Witches’ Dance (Eevil Young Flesh/Boeses Junges Fleisch, 1999, Beton Kopf Media/XII BIS Records/Sanctuary 13/Metropolis) [1:35:03 - 1:38:15]
- Suspiria: Allegedly, Dancefloor Tragedy (Dancefloor Tragedy, 1998, Cleopatra) [1:38:15 - 1:42:49]
- Sisters of Mercy: Rock and a Hard Place (First and Last and Always, 1985, Merciful Release/Elektra/WEA) [1:42:49 - 1:46:02]
- Twin Tribes: Fantasmas (Ceremony, 2019, Young and Cold Records/Negative Gain Productions/Manic Depression/Beso de Meurte Records) [1:46:02 - 1:49:11]
- Vision Video: Transmission (Haunted Hours, 2022, Self-Released) [1:49:11 - 1:52:27]
- Faderhead: The Acid Witch (Asteria, 2019, Not a Robot Records) [1:55:22 - 2:00:08]
- Dance With the Dead: Hex (Driven to Madness, 2022, Self-Released/Neuropa Records) [2:00:08 - 2:03:41]
- White Ring: Leprosy (Gate of Grief, 2018, Rocket Girl) [2:03:41 - 2:06:12]
- Damien Hearse: Cat Man Vampire (Cat Man Vampire, 2023, Self-Released) [2:06:12 - 2:09:37]
- Sister Machine Gun: Sins of the Flesh (Sins of the Flesh, 1992, Wax Trax! Records/TVT Records) [2:09:37 - 2:14:41]
- Destryur: Spellbook (Tales of Terror, 2022, Night.Wav Records) [2:14:41 - 2:17:54]
- Amduscia: The Spell (Filofobia, 2013, Out of Line) [2:17:54 - 2:23:58]
- The Field Mice: Emma’s House (Where’d You Learn to Kiss That Way?, 1998, Shinkansen Recordings/Clover Records) [2:27:27 - 2:31:00]
- Al’yans: Na Zare (Al’yans/NRG Split, 1991, Melodiya) [2:31:00 - 2:36:39]
- The Veldt: The Everlasting Gobstopper (The Everlasting Gobstopper, 2023, 5BC/Little Cloud Records) [2:36:39 - 2:41:29]
- Mist: Daydream (House, 2011, Spectrum Spools) [2:41:29 - 2:47:47]
† Local artist
The Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is doing their next event on Saturday, September 23, at Black Lodge Video in Memphis. This one’s cybergoth themed and will have goth-industrial, etc. sets by DJ Evonech, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ St. Faust, and a guest appearance by Club Nevermore’s DJ 10.29. More info is at this Facebook event page..
Black Lodge Video is at 405 North Cleveland in Memphis.
This month’s edition of Friday Night Frights is on Friday, September 29 and is a screening of At Midnight I’ll Take Your Soul. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Here’s a map with directions:
Friday, October 6 and Saturday, October 7, 2023 is the Nocturnal Oddities Bazaar Art Exhibit at The Labyrinth in Little Rock.
In their words:
“Behold! An hauntingly creative experience to converge into the Halloween season. The Labyrinth presents The Nocturnal Oddities Bazaar Art Exhibit. This exhibit showcases local artists Nicole Stewart and Dustin Jackson. As well as curated vendors including Minerva’s Menagerie, The Parlour, Alluring Decay Artistry, and Relic Oddities.
“Not only is it an immersive museum showcase, but most of these one of a kind pieces will be available for purchase. You’ll find items ranging from original artwork to horror/halloween inspired pieces, taxidermy & preserved specimens, bone jewelry, animal skulls, & much much more. The exhibit will be open on Friday, October 6th and Saturday, October 7th from 6pm to 10pm.
“Admission to experience all the goosebumps is $10. Tickets can be bought on the Labyrinth website or at the door.
“Halloween costumes are encouraged! Come meet the artist and get in the Halloween spirit!
“We take pride in providing a safe space for anyone to come and discover new artists, meet new friends, and be surrounded by an amazing community of like-minded people🧛♂️🖤”
More info and tickets can be found on this Facebook event post.
PS: Club Nevermore members get a discount on tickets. Consult their site for membership.
Club Nevermore is doing a show at Vino’s in Little Rock on Saturday, October 7, 2023. They’re bringing Fayetteville’s Damien Hearse and the local band Vampire Police is making their debut! There will also be DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Hollow, and DJ Operator OT! Doors open at 7 PM; show starts at 8 PM. Note: a Club Nevermore membership is not required for entry into this event. Further details can be found on this Facebook event page.
Vino’s is at 923 W. 7th Street in downtown Little Rock. More info about the venue can be found on their website. A map with directions is below…
Saturday, October 14, 2023 is Club Nevermore’s Halloween Ball. The theme is The Worlds of Tim Burton. This will have DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Hollow, DJ Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm. The event starts at 8 PM. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
Note: Club Nevermore is now a private, members-only event and you must have a membership to attend! You can find info about joining Club Nevermore at this page.