Episode 231: 9/10/2023
We kicked this show off with some brand new post-punk, synthpunk, etc. tracks. The second set was mostly new industrial tracks, including what was going to be an exclusive premier of a new Zwaremachine track, but alas, didn’t happen because of a recent illness. (And RIP Zwaremachine’s Dein Offizier.) The third block of the show was a set of synthpop-leaning songs. The fourth set was goth, deathrock, and post-punk songs. The fifth block saw us revisit the set of songs followed by a band/artist who named themselves after the previous one. And we wrapped up the show with some ambient, etc.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:21]
- Reverend Kristen Michael Hayter: All of My Friends Are Going to Hell (All of My Friends Are Going to Hell, 2023, Perpetual Flame Ministries) [0:06:21 - 0:10:48]
- Vast Waste: Burial (Burial, 2023, Self-Released) [0:10:48 - 0:14:03]†
- Optic Sink: Modelesque (Glass Blocks, 2023, Feel it Records) [0:14:03 - 0:20:07]
- Lunar Paths: Burn (Burn, 2023, Self-Released) [0:20:07 - 0:24:45]
- Snooper: Pod (Super Snõõper, 2023, Third Man Records) [0:24:45 - 0:28:51]
- Zwaremachine: A Sickness (A Sickness, 2023, Self-Released) [0:29:56 - 0:34:47]
- Klack: Body2Body2Body (Body2Body2Body, 2023, Self-Released) [0:34:47 - 0:38:21]
- Bestial Mouths: Slitskin (R.O.T.T. (inmyskin), 2023, Negative Gain Productions) [0:38:21 - 0:43:01]
- Ministry: Goddamn White Trash (Goddamn White Trash, 2023, Nuclear Blast Records) [0:43:01 - 0:47:40]
- Godflesh: Land Lord (Purge, 2023, Avalanche Recordings/Daymare Recordings) [0:47:40 - 0:52:34]
- Leathers: Highrise (Highrise, 2023, Artoffact Records) [0:56:21 - 0:59:47]
- The Soft Riot: It Never Takes Long to Say No (No., 2023, Possession Records/Wave Tension Records) [0:59:47 - 1:04:19]
- Summore: Dust (New Pain, 2023, Self-Released) [1:04:19 - 1:08:22]
- Catherine Moan: Jawbreaker (Jawbreaker, 2023, Born Losers Records) [1:08:22 - 1:11:33]
- FM-84: Running in the Night (Atlas, 2016, Self-Released/Electronic Purification Records) [1:11:33 - 1:16:01]
- Urban Heat: Goodbye Horses (Goodbye Horses, 2023, Self-Released) [1:16:01 - 1:19:42]
- Shrouds: Languish (Grimoire, 2023, Bat-Cave Productions) [1:22:42 - 1:27:05]
- The Wake: Perfumes and Fripperies (Perfumes and Fripperies, 2020, Blaylox Records) [1:27:05 - 1:31:24]
- Red Lorry Yellow Lorry: Driving Me (Blasting Off, 1992, Deathwish Office/Release Entertainment) [1:31:24 - 1:34:40]
- Ritual Howls: My Trash Mind (Virtue Falters, 2023, Felte) [1:34:40 - 1:37:29]
- Voyvoda: Aramia (Aramia, 2014, Self-Released) [1:37:29 - 1:40:57]
- Haunt Me: Dormido (En Tu Cama, 2023, Self-Released) [1:40:57 - 1:44:22]
- Vazum: Angel V- (V-, 2023, Self-Released) [1:44:22 - 1:48:41]
- Christian Death: Spiritual Cramp (Only Theatre of Pain, 1982, Frontier Records/L’Invitation Au Suicide/Normal/Vap/Epitaph) [1:52:39 - 1:55:34]
- Spiritual Cramp [DE]: Phoenix (To Say Goodbye, 2004, Sad Records) [1:55:34 - 2:01:12]
- The Melvins: Boris (Bullhead, 1991, Boner Records/Tupelo Recording Company/Rough Trade) [2:01:12 - 2:09:45]
- Boris: 1970 (Heavy Rocks, 2002, Fangs Anal Satan/Quatto/UK Discs/Third Man Records) [2:09:45 - 2:14:40]
- Killing Joke: Fall of Because (What’s This For…!, 1981, Malicious Damage/EG/Polydor/Let Them Eat Vinyl/Caroline International) [2:14:40 - 2:19:48]
- Fall of Because: Devestator (Life is Easy, 1999, Invisibe/Alley Sweeper) [2:19:48 - 2:23:03]
- Palm Ghosts: Cross Your Heart (Post Preservation, 2022, Ice Queen Records/Self-Released) [2:26:42 - 2:31:31]
- SRSQ: Saved For Summer (Ever Crashing, 2022, Dais Records) [2:31:31 - 2:36:47]
- Chloe Cherrie: Sleepy Time (TwentyTwenty, 2023, Self-Released) [2:36:47 - 2:39:48]†
- Stars of the Lid: Piano Aquieu (The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid, 2001, Kranky) [2:39:48 - 2:50:39]
† Local artist
The Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is doing their next event on Saturday, September 23, at Black Lodge Video in Memphis. This one’s cybergoth themed and will have goth-industrial, etc. sets by DJ Evonech, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ St. Faust, and a guest appearance by Club Nevermore’s DJ 10.29. More info is at this Facebook event page..
Black Lodge Video is at 405 North Cleveland in Memphis.
This month’s edition of Friday Night Frights is on Friday, September 29 and is a screening of At Midnight I’ll Take Your Soul. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Here’s a map with directions:
Friday, October 6 and Saturday, October 7, 2023 is the Nocturnal Oddities Bazaar Art Exhibit at The Labyrinth in Little Rock.
In their words:
“Behold! An hauntingly creative experience to converge into the Halloween season. The Labyrinth presents The Nocturnal Oddities Bazaar Art Exhibit. This exhibit showcases local artists Nicole Stewart and Dustin Jackson. As well as curated vendors including Minerva’s Menagerie, The Parlour, Alluring Decay Artistry, and Relic Oddities.
“Not only is it an immersive museum showcase, but most of these one of a kind pieces will be available for purchase. You’ll find items ranging from original artwork to horror/halloween inspired pieces, taxidermy & preserved specimens, bone jewelry, animal skulls, & much much more. The exhibit will be open on Friday, October 6th and Saturday, October 7th from 6pm to 10pm.
“Admission to experience all the goosebumps is $10. Tickets can be bought on the Labyrinth website or at the door.
“Halloween costumes are encouraged! Come meet the artist and get in the Halloween spirit!
“We take pride in providing a safe space for anyone to come and discover new artists, meet new friends, and be surrounded by an amazing community of like-minded people🧛♂️🖤”
More info and tickets can be found on this Facebook event post.
PS: Club Nevermore members get a discount on tickets. Consult their site for membership.
Club Nevermore is doing a show at Vino’s in Little Rock on Saturday, October 7, 2023. They’re bringing Fayetteville’s Damien Hearse and the local band Vampire Police is making their debut! There will also be DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Hollow, and DJ Operator OT! Doors open at 7 PM; show starts at 8 PM. Note: a Club Nevermore membership is not required for entry into this event. Further details can be found on this Facebook event page.
Vino’s is at 923 W. 7th Street in downtown Little Rock. More info about the venue can be found on their website. A map with directions is below…
Saturday, October 14, 2023 is Club Nevermore’s Halloween Ball. The theme is The Worlds of Tim Burton. This will have DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Hollow, DJ Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm. The event starts at 8 PM. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
Note: Club Nevermore is now a private, members-only event and you must have a membership to attend! You can find info about joining Club Nevermore at this page.