Episode 221: 4/23/2023
We’re back! We started this show with a block of piping hot new tracks. That was followed by a set of mostly recent goth and darkwave tracks. We played a set of synthpop and minimal wave songs after that. Then we played a set of techno-EBM tracks. Our midnight block was a set of black metal tracks, since it’s our last chance to get nekro for the season. Then we wrapped up the show with a block of kosmiche and krautrock tracks selected by our friend Jason in South Carolina.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:03]
- Morwan: Zhurba (Zhurba, 2023, Feel it Records) [0:06:03 - 0:10:37]
- Damien Hearse: Easy Martyr (Easy Martyr, 2023, Self-Relased) [0:10:37 - 0:14:49]†
- Home Front: Faded State (Games of Power, 2023, La Vida Es En Mus) [0:14:49 - 0:18:22]
- Lunar Paths: Falling Star (Falling Star, 2023, Self-Released) [0:18:22 - 0:22:39]
- Skull Family: No Wake (No Wake, 2023, Self-Released) [0:26:04 - 0:31:07] †
- SKLTN CHR: Helpless (Helpless, 2022, Self-Released) [0:31:07 - 0:35:29]
- Chloe Cherrie: Eat Shit and Die (Eat Shit and Die, 2023, Self-Released) [0:35:29 - 0:38:28] †
- Calaverx: Tenochtitlan (Tenochtitlan, 2022, Self-Released) [0:38:28 - 0:42:45]
- Blood Club: Gastado (Current Lust, 2022, [Self-Released]) [0:42:45 - 0:45:28]
- Vazum: Angel- (Vazum V-, 2023, Self-Released) [0:45:28 - 0:49:47]
- Summore: Makeshift Heart (Surfaces, 2021, Self-Released) [0:54:29 - 0:57:28]
- Sacred Skin: Far Away (The Decline of Pleasure, 2022, Synthicide) [0:57:28 - 1:01:43]
- Nuovo Testamento: Love Lines (Love Lines, 2023, Discoteca Italia) [1:01:43 - 1:05:45]
- Experimental Products: Sweet Rejection (Prototype, 1982, Short Circuit Records/Vinyl-On-Demand) [1:05:45 - 1:10:42]
- Faded Pulse: Ghost of You (Ghost of You, 2022, Self-Released) [1:10:42 - 1:16:40]
- Schwefelgelb: Das Ist Wellness (Whirlpool-Gedanken, 2022, n-PLEX) [1:21:21 - 1:26:20]
- Comfort Cure: Live For Regret (Not My Taste, 2023, Self-Released) [1:26:20 - 1:29:53]
- Randolph & Mortimer: Self-Medicator (The Incomplete Truth, 2023, Self-Released/Surface Reality) [1:29:53 - 1:34:29]
- Cyberplasm: Autogenesis (Autogenesis, 2023, Iron Lung Records) [1:34:29 - 1:39:50]
- Puritan: Whitesnake (Murder 02 Compilation, 2021, Murder Records) [1:39:50 - 1:46:05]
- Dark Watcher: Farewell to the Old West (Hymns of a Godless Land, 2021, Self-Released) [1:50:30 - 1:55:18]
- Uranium: Prison of Flesh (An Exacting Punishment, 2023, Sentient Ruin Laboratories) [1:55:18 - 2:03:04]
- ‘Iisnááhí: Ma’iitsoh ‘A’łchinígíí (Ma’iitsoh ‘Ałchinígíí, 2023, Self-Released) [2:03:04 - 2:07:47]
- Blackbraid: The River of Time Flows Through Me (Blackbraid I, 2022, Self-Released) [2:07:47 - 2:14:06]
- Amon Düül: Bitterlings Verwandlung (Psychedelic Underground, 1969, Metronome/Prophesy Records) [2:19:01 - 2:21:27] *
- Conrad Schnitzler: Elektroklang (Auf Dem Schwarzen Kanal, 1980, RCA/RCA Victor/Bureau B) [2:21:27 - 2:25:19] *
- Walter Wegmuller: Der Hohehpriester (Tarot, 1973, Die Kosmischen Kuriere/Cosmic Music/PDU/Spalax Music/Breeze Music) [2:25:19 - 2:28:27] *
- Die Wilde Jagd: Wah Wah Wallenstein (Die Wilde Jagd, 2015, Bureau B) [2:28:27 - 2:36:10] *
- Camera: Tjamahal (Phantom of Liberty, 2016, Bureau B) [2:36:10 - 2:41:43] *
† Local artist
* Requested track
An EF3 tornado hit the Little Rock area on Friday, March 31. We hope all our friends, acquaintances, listeners, etc. in the Little Rock area, along with their friends, family, etc., are safe.
This Arkansas Times article has resources with ways to help people affected by the tornado. We’ll update this info when we get more information.
The April edition of Friday Night Frights is Friday, April 28th and is a screening of Don’t Look in the Basement at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in Little Rock. More info can be found at this Facebook event.
May’s Full Moon Market is on Thursday, May 4 at The Labyrinth, 619 S. Spring St., in downtown Little Rock at 6-9 PM. More details can be found on this Facebook event page.
The NWA Gloom Collective is doing their Wicked Thursdays goth-industrial night, on Thursday, May 4. This will have DJ sets by DJ Death Mistress, End:The DJ, and guest host Suzy Specter. This will be at West and Watson, at 326 N West Ave STE 4, in Fayetteville. More details here.
West & Watson is at 326 N. West Ave. Suite 4, in Fayetteville. A map with directions is below.
The next edition of Club Nevermore, central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is Saturday, May 13. This one will have DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Operator OT, and DJ Wihhelm. This month’s theme is Alice in Wonderland. More details are available at this Facebook event page..
This will be at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring St. in downtown Little Rock. We’re including a map with directions below.