Episode 222: 4/30/2023
We began this show with some tracks featuring the late Mark Stewart (of The Pop Group). This show happened on Walpurgisnacht, so we played three sets of goth, industrial, darkwave, post-punk, etc. tracks themed around witchcraft, magic, spells, curses, enchantment, etc; and we played a set of dark ambient tracks with the same underlying theme. Then we closed the show with a set of kosmische/krautrock and spacey noise rock.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:08:44]
- The Pop Group: We Are Time (Y, 1979, Radar Records/Rhino Records/Mute/Victor) [0:08:44 - 0:15:10]
- The Pop Group: How Much Longer? (For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder?, 1981, Rough Trade/Y Records) [0:15:10 - 0:20:04]
- Mark Stewart: Bastards (As the Veneer of Democracy Starts to Fade, 1985, Mute/Vogue/Possum Records) [0:20:04 - 0:25:30]
- Goblin: Witch (Suspiria, 1977, Cinevox Record/Odeon/AMS Records) [0:28:56 - 0:31:58]
- November Növelet: Magic (Magic, 2007, Galakthorrö) [0:31:58 - 0:36:14]
- Girl Grave: Curse (Girl Grave, 2019, Self-Released) [0:36:14 - 0:40:22]
- Boy Harsher: Spell (Lesser Man, 2014, Soft Science/Night People/Aufnahme + Wiedergabe/Nude Club Records)) [0:40:22 - 0:43:39]
- Ides of March: Night Spell (Sister Stern, 1988, Self-Released) [0:43:39 - 0:46:54]
- Modern Creatures: The Curse (1981, 2006, Self-Released) [0:46:54 - 0:49:29]
- Ötzi: Six Candles (Ghosts, 2017, Bat-Cave Productions/Last Hour Records/Near Dark Records/Gelita Records) [0:49:29 - 0:52:34]
- Legendary Pink Dots: Wall Purges Night (Curse, 1983, In Phaze Records/Terminal Kaleidoscope/Soleilmoon Recordings/Metropolis) [0:56:28 - 1:00:42]*
- Specimen: Hex (Wet Warm Clingfilm Red Velvet Crush, 1997, Cleopatra/Anagram) [1:00:42 - 1:05:07]
- Marquee Moon: The Spell (Desert House, 1995, Alice In… Records) [1:05:07 - 1:09:52]
- Quintron & Miss Pussycat: Witch in the Club (Swamp Tech, 2005, Tigerbeat6/Trans Solar) [1:09:52 - 1:15:37]
- Dance With the Dead: Hex (Driven to Madness, 201Y, Self-Released/Neuropa Records) [1:15:37 - 1:19:16]
- Siouxsie & The Banshees: Spellbound (Juju, 1981, Polydor/PVC Records/Geffen) [1:19:16 - 1:22:32]
- Dawn of Ashes: Hexcraft (The Crypt Injection II (Non Serviam), 2019, Metropolis) [1:26:43 - 1:33:55]
- Skinny Puppy: Worlock (Rabies, 1989, Nettwerk/Capitol Records/Nettwerk Europe/Nettwerk America) [1:33:55 - 1:39:20]
- Godflesh: Curse Us All (A World Lit Only By Fire, 2014, Avalanche Recordings/Hydra Head Records) [1:39:20 - 1:43:04]
- Uniform & The Body: The Curse of Eternal Life (Mental Wounds Not Healing, 2018, Sacred Bones Records) [1:43:04 - 1:46:49]
- De Magia Veterum: Curse of Canaan (Migdal Bavel, 2009, Transcendental Creations/Self-Released/Mistress Dance Records) [1:46:49 - 1:50:41]
- Apoptose: Hexenring (Bannwald, 2010, Tesco Organisation) [1:54:23 - 2:02:45]
- Megaptera: The Curse of the Scarecrow (The Curse of the Scarecrow, 1998, Release Entertainment/Self-Released) [2:02:45 - 2:12:20]
- Xerxes the Dark: Dim Curse (Dim, 2006, Amduscias Records/Smell the Stench/Self-Released) [2:12:20 - 2:18:06]
- Harmonia: Dino (Musik Von Harmonia, 1974, Brain/Germanafon/Motor Music/Revisited Rec.) [2:22:04 - 2:25:32]*
- Chrome: Eyes On Mars (Red Exposure, 1980, Beggars Banquet/WEA/Dossier/Cleopatra/Futurismo) [2:25:32 - 2:29:01]
- Les Rallizes Denudes: Flames of Ice (‘77 Live, 1991, Rivista Inc./The Last One Musique/Temporal Drift/Tuff Beats/Tuff Vinyl) [2:37:58 - 2:54:10]
* Requested track
An EF3 tornado hit the Little Rock area on Friday, March 31. We hope all our friends, acquaintances, listeners, etc. in the Little Rock area, along with their friends, family, etc., are safe.
This Arkansas Times article has resources with ways to help people affected by the tornado. We’ll update this info when we get more information.
May’s Full Moon Market is on Thursday, May 4 at The Labyrinth, 619 S. Spring St., in downtown Little Rock at 6-9 PM. More details can be found on this Facebook event page.
The NWA Gloom Collective is doing their Wicked Thursdays goth-industrial night, on Thursday, May 4. This will have DJ sets by DJ Death Mistress, End:The DJ, and guest host Suzy Specter. This will be at West and Watson, at 326 N West Ave STE 4, in Fayetteville. More details here.
West & Watson is at 326 N. West Ave. Suite 4, in Fayetteville. A map with directions is below.
The next edition of Club Nevermore, central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is Saturday, May 13. This one will have DJ sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Operator OT, and DJ Wihhelm. This month’s theme is Alice in Wonderland. More details are available at this Facebook event page..
This will be at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring St. in downtown Little Rock. We’re including a map with directions below.
This month’s Friday Night Frights is on May 26, at The Labyrinth. This month’s movie is a screening of Count Dracula’s Great Love. More info can be found on this Facebook event page
The next edition of the Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is Saturday, May 27, 2023 at Black Lodge Video, at 405 N. Cleveland Ave. in Memphis. This one will feature sets by DJ Evonech and guest appearances by Club Nevermore’s DJ Graveyard Gloria and DJ Wilhelm. More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
Black Lodge Video is at 405 N. Cleveland Avenue in Memphis. A map with directions is below.