Episode 220: 4/9/2023
We began this show with a set of new tracks. Then we played some goth, post-punk, and darkwave tracks, and a couple of Yellow Magic Orchestra songs (RIP Ryuichi Sakamoto). That was followed with a set of noisy and industrialized hip-hop tracks. The fourth block was a set of noise rock, metal, and punk tracks. The fifth set was a mix of psychedelic, krautrock, kosmische tracks. Then we wound down the show with some shoegaze, experimental, and ambient tracks.
Note: this was a pre-recorded show. I had problems with my microphone so the segues were done by Daniel, from The Uncanny Valley (i.e., the Mac OS speech synthesizer). I used this because the segues wouldn’t have been recorded otherwise.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:35]
- Lana Del Rabies: Prayers of Consequence (Strega Beata, 2023, Gilgongo Records) [0:06:35 - 0:10:30]
- Josie Pace: Brain-Dead (Brain-Dead, 2023, Negative Gain Productions/Self-Released) [0:10:30 - 0:14:26]
- Godflesh: Nero (Nero, 2023, Avalanche Recordings) [0:14:26 - 0:18:55]
- Aurat: Jugar (Jugar/Touch of Flesh, 2023, Self-Released) [0:18:55 - 0:22:30]
- Dystopiarch: Like Hell (Like Hell, 2023, Self-Released) [0:22:30 - 0:25:32]
- The Pop Ritual: Pandemic Dance (The Columns: I, 2023, Thisco/Self-Released) [0:25:32 - 0:30:16]
- Skeletal Family: Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful Disater, 2023, Self-Released) [0:33:39 - 0:37:23]
- Plague Pits: The Light (The Light, 2023, Self-Released) [0:37:23 - 0:41:15]
- Beborn Beton: Dancer in the Dark (Darkness Falls Again, 2023, Dependent) [0:41:15 - 0:46:30]
- A Projection: Darwin’s Eden (In a Different Light, 2022, Metropolis) [0:46:30 - 0:50:14]
- Yellow Magic Orchestra: Firecracker (Yellow Magic Orchestra, 1978, Alfa) [0:50:14 - 0:55:02]
- Yellow Magic Orchestra: Absolute Ego Dance (Solid State Survivor, 1979, Alfa) [0:55:02 - 0:59:39]
- Not My God: Ashes (Simulacra, 2021, Metropolis) [1:02:37 - 1:06:37]
- Luna 13 & Ritualz: Illuminati Lucifer Party (Illuminati Lucifer Party, 2023, Self-Released?) [1:06:37 - 1:10:36]
- Dälek: Boycott (Precipice, 2022, Ipecac Recordings) [1:10:36 - 1:14:23]
- Sightless Pit: Calcified Glass (Featuring YoshimiO and Gangsta Boo) (Lockstep Bloodwar, 2023, Thrill Jockey) [1:14:23 - 1:18:44]
- Backxwash: Nyama (Feat. Pupil Slicer) (His Happiness Shall Come First Even Though We Are Suffering, 2022, Uglyhag Records/Self-Released) [1:18:44 - 1:23:04]
- Ho99o9: Bite My Face (Skin, 2023, DTA Records) [1:23:04 - 1:26:10]
- Mind Rider: Root of the Variant (Mind Rider Flexi EP, 2023, ANXT.Records.Press) [1:30:23 - 1:33:24]†
- Persher: Man With the Magic Soap (Man With the Magic Soap, 2022, Thrill Jockey) [1:33:24 - 1:37:06]
- Bonnie Trash: Lashes on Fire (Malocchio, 2022, Unknown Pleasures Records/Hand Drawn Records) [1:37:06 - 1:40:34]
- Djunah: Seven Winds of Sekhmet (Femina Furens, 2023, Self-Released) [1:40:34 - 1:45:33]
- Made Out of Babies: Bunny Boots (The Ruiner, 2008, The End Records/Magic Bullet Records) [1:45:33 - 1:49:46]
- Cold Brats: Time Thickening Bomb (Punk in the Digital Age Extended, 2021, Convulse Records) [1:49:46 - 1:52:45]
- Otoboke Beaver: Pardon? (Super Champon, 2022, Damnably) [1:52:45 - 1:54:30]
- Faust: The Sad Skinhead (Faust IV, 1973, Virgin/Caroline Blue Plate) [1:58:48 - 2:01:20]*
- Amon Düül II: Deutsch Nepal (Wolf City, 1972, United Artists Records/Telefunken/Mantra/Repertoire/Purple Pyramid) [2:01:20 - 2:04:16]*
- Plunger: Network (The Station is Not Received, 2017, Vermin Scum Records) [2:04:16 - 2:07:27]
- Erkin Koray: Aşka İnanmıyorum (Erkin Koray, 1973, İstanbul Plak) [2:07:27 - 2:10:52]
- Goat: Hide From the Sun (Commune, 2014, Rocket Recordings/Sub Pop/Stranded Records) [2:10:52 - 2:14:27]
- Morwan: Gdye-To Tam Vdali (Somewhere in the Distance) (Zola-Zemlya, 2020, Sierpien Records/Feel It Records/Death Shadow Records/Reclusion Records) [2:14:27 - 2:21:33]
- Old Coke: A While (Sorted, 2022, Self-Released) [2:25:12 - 2:28:22]
- Olympics: Another Night (Olympics, 2022, Self-Released) [2:28:22 - 2:32:02]†
- The Burying Kind: Raindrop Pools (Tragic Airwaves, 2022, Self-Released) [2:32:02 - 2:36:11]
- Yuni Wa: Ashes in the Dawn (Ashes in the Dawn, 2023, Self-Released) [2:36:11 - 2:39:25]†
- Belong: Late Night (Colorloss Record, 2008, St. Ives) [2:39:25 - 2:42:51]
- Limousine: Lonesome Rhodes (Lonesome Rhodes, 2023, Business Casual) [2:42:51 - 2:44:20]
- Fog Lake: Waltzing (Carousel, 2018, Self-Released/Z-Tapes) [2:44:20 - 2:46:40]
- No Love in the House of Gold: Overpopulation at the End of Everything is Less of a Worry, Haha (‘A Letter to You’ From Mother 3) (Atlantis Part 2, 2021, Self-Released) [2:46:40 - 2:47:58]
† Local artist
* Requested track
An EF3 tornado hit the Little Rock area on Friday, March 31. We hope all our friends, acquaintances, listeners, etc. in the Little Rock area, along with their friends, family, etc., are safe.
This Arkansas Times article has resources with ways to help people affected by the tornado. We’ll update this info when we get more information.
The next Club Nevermore event is Saturday, April 15th at 8 PM at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in Little Rock. This one’s Matrix themed—come dressed like Trinity, Neo, or one of the agents if you’re so inclined. More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 S. Spring St. in downtown Little Rock. A map with directions is below:
The next Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is Saturday, April 22nd at Black Lodge Video, 405 North Cleveland Avenue in Memphis. This starts at 10 PM, ages 18+, admission is $12. This will have DJ Evonech, DJ St. Faust, and a guest appearance by Club Nevermore’s DJ Graveyard Gloria, who will be spinning classic and current day goth, industrial, darkwave, post-punk, dark electro, and more! More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
Black Lodge Video is at 405 N. Cleveland Avenue in Memphis. A map with directions is below:
The April edition of Friday Night Frights is Friday, April 28th and is a screening of Don’t Look in the Basement at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in Little Rock. More info can be found at this Facebook event.