Episode 219: 4/2/2023
Our return to the air/streams after a three-week absence started with a set of new synthpop, darkwave, etc. tracks. We followed that with a set of retro ’90s goth tracks. The set after that was one of ’90s retro industrial tracks. We followed that with a set of recent and new goth and post-punk songs. The fifth block set was a mix themed around springtime. Then we finished the show with a mix of psychedelic and krautrock tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:43]
- Male Tears: Sleep 4Ever (Sleep 4Ever, 2023, Avant! Records/Self-Released) [0:06:43 - 0:10:59]
- Belgrado: Boixar (Boixar, 2023, Self-Released/La Vida Es Un Mus) [0:10:59 - 0:15:30]
- Damien Hearse: Trauma Harness (Trauma Harness, 2023, Self-Released) [0:15:30 - 0:18:47]†
- Mach Fox & Maroco: Now Beginning (Now Beginning, 2023, Self-Released) [0:18:47 - 0:22:50]
- Urban Heat: Goodbye Horses (Goodbye Horses, 2023, Self-Released) [0:22:50 - 0:26:32]
- Rosetta Stone: Adrenaline (Adrenaline, 1993, Cleopatra) [0:32:13 - 0:35:52]
- Information Society: Are ‘Friends’ Electric? (Don’t Be Afraid, 1997, Cleopatra/Accession Records/Stiletto/Dancing Ferret Discs/HAKATAK International) [0:35:52 - 0:41:32]
- Suspiria: Allegedly, Dancefloor Tragedy (Dancefloor Tragedy, 1998, Cleopatra) [0:41:32 - 0:46:06]
- Switchblade Symphony: Doll House (Serpentine Gallery, 1995, Cleopatra/Digital Uni/Irond/Dark Division) [0:46:06 - 0:50:11]
- Clan of Xymox: Jasmine and Rose (Creatures, 1999, Pandaimonium Records/Metropolis/Arteria Records) [0:50:11 - 0:55:54]
- Skinny Puppy: Death (The Process, 1996, American Recordings/Sub-Conscious Communications) [0:58:16 - 1:02:11]
- Treponem Pal: Pushing You Too Far (Excess and Overdrive, 1993, Roadrunner Records) [1:02:11 - 1:09:29]
- Trust Obey: Hands of Clay (Hands of Ash, 1996, Fifth Colvmn Records/Stompbox13) [1:09:29 - 1:15:30]
- Skin Chamber: Mind Grinder (Wound, 1991, R/C Records/Roadracer Records) [1:15:30 - 1:21:33]
- Killing Joke: Full Spectrum Dominance (Full Spectrum Dominance, 2023, Spinefarm Records) [1:24:15 - 1:30:22]
- Lunar Paths: Silvania (Silvania, 2023, Self-Released) [1:30:22 - 1:34:27]
- A Cloud of Ravens: Parable (Parable, 2023, Self-Released) [1:34:27 - 1:37:46]
- The Wraith: Overthrown (Overthrown, 2023, Self-Released) [1:37:46 - 1:40:43]
- Neon Kross: Vampira Calling (Darkness Falls, 2017, Live Dead Records) [1:40:43 - 1:44:52]
- Metamorph (Margot Day): Witchlit (Witchlit, 2023, Self-Released) [1:44:52 - 1:47:25]
- Golgatha: Rite of Spring (Tales of Transgression and Sacrifice, 2007, Cold Meat Industry/Self-Released) [1:50:28 - 1:55:22]
- Northaunt: Just Another Cold Spring (Barren Land, 2004, Fluttering Dragon/Todestrieb/Infinite Fog Productions) [1:55:22 - 1:57:41]
- Sutcliffe Jügend & Prurient: End of Winter (End of Autumn, 2008, Troubleman Unlimited) [1:57:41 - 2:08:05]
- Tem Eyos Ki: Spring (Argenta, 2002, Harlan Records) [2:08:05 - 2:11:40]†
- Coil: Moon’s Milk Or Under An Unquiet Skull (Part 1) (Spring Equinox: Moon’s Milk Or Under An Unquiet Skull, 1998, Eskaton) [2:11:40 - 2:20:07]
- Loop: Halo (Sonancy, 2022, Reactor) [2:22:29 - 2:26:45]
- Wicked Witch: Fancy Dancer (Chaos 1976-86, 2008, EM Records/Lynx Rufus Records) [2:26:45 - 2:32:13]
- Seven That Spells: Future Lords (The Death and Resurrection of Krautrock: OMEGA, 2018, Sulatron Records) [2:32:13 - 2:45:24]*
† Local artist
* Requested track
An EF3 tornado hit the Little Rock area on Friday, March 31. We hope all our friends, acquaintances, listeners, etc. in the Little Rock area, along with their friends, family, etc., are safe.
This Arkansas Times article has resources with ways to help people affected by the tornado. We’ll update this info when we get more information.
The April Full Moon Market is on Thursday, April 6th at The Labyrinth, 619 Spring Street, Little Rock from 6-9 PM. More info about can be found at this Facebook event..
The next Club Nevermore event is Saturday, April 15th at 8 PM at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in Little Rock. This one’s Matrix themed—come dressed like Trinity, Neo, or one of the agents if you’re so inclined. More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 S. Spring St. in downtown Little Rock. A map with directions is below:
The next Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is Saturday, April 22nd at Black Lodge Video, 405 North Cleveland Avenue in Memphis. This starts at 10 PM, ages 18+, admission is $12. This will have DJ Evonech, DJ St. Faust, and a guest appearance by Club Nevermore’s DJ Graveyard Gloria, who will be spinning classic and current day goth, industrial, darkwave, post-punk, dark electro, and more! More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
Black Lodge Video is at 405 N. Cleveland Avenue in Memphis. A map with directions is below:
The April edition of Friday Night Frights is Friday, April 28th and is a screening of Don’t Look in the Basement at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in Little Rock. More info can be found at this Facebook event.