Episode 213: 1/22/2023 - 2022 Review Special, Part 2/??
We continued our look back at some of the releases that came out in 2022—again, it’s not really a best-of show because I never got around to making a best-of list. The opening set was a mix of industrial and adjacent stuff. We followed that with a set of darkwave ande post-punk. The third block was a set of EBM, etc. tracks. We followed that with some post-punk and goth tracks. The fifth set was a mix of tracks I wanted to play but didn’t have room for in other sets (it was also the last block of the show that was made), and we finished the show with a set of shoegazey tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:29]
- Bestial Mouths: I Am the Spell (I Am the Spell, 2022, Self-Released) [0:06:29 - 0:10:43]
- Josie Pace: Underestimated (IV0X10V5, 2022, Negative Gain Productions) [0:10:43 - 0:14:04]
- Thorofon: Hand and Knife (Gladio, 2022, Ant-Zen) [0:14:04 - 0:19:17]
- Fox Nova Project: Sound Off (Prey Mix) (PredatorPrey, 2022, Self-Released/Phage Tapes) [0:19:17 - 0:24:24]
- Street Sects: X Amount (X Amount, 2022, Self-Released) [0:24:24 - 0:26:49]
- Astari Nite: Ashtray Ballet (Ashtray Ballet, 2022, Negative Gain Productions) [0:30:19 - 0:35:18]
- Urban Heat: Have You Ever? (Wellness, 2022, Self-Released) [0:35:18 - 0:38:30]
- Scary Black: Tragedy (Tragedy, 2022, Self-Released) [0:38:30 - 0:42:07]
- Kill Shelter & Antipole: Buried Deep (Asylum, 2022, Manic Depression/Metropolis) [0:42:07 - 0:47:36]
- FM Attack & Vandal Moon: Séance (Séance, 2022, Starfield Music) [0:47:36 - 0:51:12]
- Nite: Good Boy (Hallelujah (Your Ego is Gone), 2022, Self-Released) [0:51:12 - 0:54:35]
- Lycia: A Far Away Place (Simpler Times/A Far Away Place, 2022, Avantgarde Music/Lycium Music) [0:54:35 - 0:57:45]
- Klack: Beat Unity – Beats Mix (Beat Unity, 2022, Self-Released) [1:01:02 - 1:05:44]
- Sturm Café: Hymne Für Die Ewigkeit (Hymne Für Die Ewigkeit, 2022, Self-Released) [1:05:44 - 1:09:55]
- Comfort Cure: Rain On the Bar (Rain on the Bar, 2022, Self-Released) [1:09:55 - 1:13:39]
- Randolph & Mortimer: What Are You? (What Are You?, 2022, Self-Released) [1:13:39 - 1:18:37]
- Mach Fox: DigitalNations (VideoLogico, 2022, Self-Released/Phage Tapes) [1:18:37 - 1:25:35]
- Plague Pits: Future Poetry (Poetry From the Future, 2022, Self-Released) [1:25:35 - 1:29:29]
- Killing Joke: Lord of Chaos (Lord of Chaos, 2022, Spinefarm Records) [1:33:50 - 1:37:45]
- Disorientations: Watching You Go (Memory Lanes, 2022, [PIAS] Recordings) [1:37:45 - 1:41:08]
- Lathe of Heaven: Moon-Driven-Sea (Demo, 2022, Self-Released) [1:41:08 - 1:46:07]
- Head Cut: Ojos En La Luna (Head Cut, 2022, Naked Time Tapes/Bat-Cave Productions) [1:46:07 - 1:50:01]
- House of Harm: I Feel My Heart Beat (I Feel My Heart Beat/In Threes, 2022, Self-Released) [1:50:01 - 1:53:19]
- False Figure: Samsara (Castigations, 2022, Transylvanian Recordings) [1:53:19 - 1:57:15]
- Börn: Vonin Er Drepin (Drottningar Dauðans, 2022, Iron Lung Records) [1:57:15 - 1:59:15]
- The Body & OAA: Devalued (Enemy of Love, 2022, Thrill Jockey Records) [2:03:04 - 2:05:52]
- Chat Pile: Why? (God’s Country, 2022, Flenser Records) [2:05:52 - 2:09:21]
- Vandal Moon: Sweet Disaster (Queen of the Night, 2022, Starfield Music) [2:09:21 - 2:12:46]
- Pablo Bozzi: Early Answer (Magnetisma, 2022, Bite) [2:12:46 - 2:17:46]
- The Soft Moon: Become the Lies (Exister, 2022, Sacred Bones Records) [2:17:46 - 2:22:13]
- Paradox Obscur: Animal Reactor (Morphogenesis, 2022, Metropolis) [2:22:13 - 2:25:59]
- Bob Vylan: Drug War (The Price of Life, 2022, Ghost Theatre) [2:25:59 - 2:28:32]
- Jesu: Piety (Pity/Piety, 2022, Avalanche Recordings) [2:31:35 - 2:48:56]
- Midwife: Send the Pain Below (Send the Pain Below Compilation, 2022, Flenser Records) [2:48:56 - 2:53:36]
- Sunfear: I Don’t Know Why I’m Crying Now (Octopus, 2022, Dark Entries) [2:53:36 - 2:56:25]
Friday Night Frights presents Die Sister Die on Friday, January 27, 2023. Entry is $10 for ages 18 plus, and 100% of ticket sales goes to Arkansas Community Advocates. More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
There’s a new night in the Fayetteville area. Gloom Collective Presents Dead Man’s Party Goth Night, With DJ Death Mistress, DJ Gomez, and Damaged Goods on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at Nomad’s Trailside in Fayetteville.
Nomad’s Trailside at at 1863 N. Pluto Drive in Fayetteville. A map with directions is below.
Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is doing an event on Saturday, January 28, 2023. This will have sets by DJ Evonech, DJ St. Faust, and guest appearances by Club Nevermore’s DJ 10.29 and DJ Graveyard Gloria. This is at Black Lodge Video, 405 N. Cleveland Ave, Memphis, Tennessee. It starts at 10 PM, admission is $12. More details can be found at this Facebook event post.
Black Lodge Video is at 405 N. Cleveland St. in Memphis. An embedded map is available below.
The next Full Moon Market is Wednesday, February 8, at 6 PM-9 PM, at The Labyrinth, 619 S. Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. This will have local vendors—some of whom include: Beautywood Books, Shop Popychild, Dragon Jewelz, Readings by Crystal Glass, Nicole Lamondie, Posse Paper Goods, BWG Herbal Tea, Angel Mays Art, FashionAddictzz, Mouth Mouth, Terahdacyl Candles, The Green Thumb Artist, Flake Baby, Houseplant Colection, and more—selling their goods. Admission is free.
The February edition of Club Nevermore, central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is happening on Saturday, February 11th at The Labyrinth in Little Rock. This will have sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs, plus a reading of Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven” at midnight. It starts at 8 PM. Admission is $15 for ages 18+, and $10 for ages 21+. More info can be found on this Facebook event post.