Episode 212: 1/15/2023 - 2022 Review, Part 1/??
We’re back from our holiday hiatus! This is the first installment of our 2022 review, in whch we play some of our favorite or most notable tracks that were released in 2022. (I’m not calling this a best-of show because I never got around to making a best-of list. But these tracks would be on that list, or its honorable mentions, if that list had been made.) We began the show with some industrial tracks. We followed that with a set tracks by local artists. The third block was a set of synthpop, darkwave, etc. tracks. We played some EBM and industrial in the fourth block. The fifth block was goth, post-punk, and deathrock tracks. Then we wound down the show with some shoegaze, experimental, etc. tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:05:48]
- Author & Punisher: Drone Carrying Dread (Krüller, 2022, Relapse Records) [0:05:48 - 0:13:54]
- KMFDM: Hyëna (Hyëna, 2022, Metropolis) [0:13:54 - 0:18:56]
- Rabbit Junk: Love is Hell (Apocalypse For Beginners, 2022, Self-Released) [0:13:54 - 0:23:36]
- Black Magnet: A History of Drowning (Body Prophecy, 2022, 20 Buck Spin) [0:23:36 - 0:27:13]
- L.O.T.I.O.N.: Cybernetic Super Soldier (W.A.R. in the Digital Realm, 2022, Static Shock Records) [0:27:13 - 0:29:21]
- Modeling: Until it Ends (Somewhere Before, 2022, Self-Released) [0:32:23 - 0:36:22]†
- The Chores: Jealous Forever (Jealous Forever, 2022, Self-Released) [0:36:22 - 0:39:07]†
- Skull Family: The Doomscroller (Doomscroller, 2022, Self-Released) [0:39:07 - 0:43:20]†
- SJ Tucker & Clusters of Fornication: Strangelic (Strangelic, 2022, Self-Released) [0:43:20 - 0:46:14]†
- Testube: Cost is Clear (Backwater, 2022, Self-Released) [0:46:14 - 0:50:48]†
- Damien Hearse: Pro Life Death Camp (Pro Life Death Camp, 2022, Self-Released) [0:50:48 - 0:55:20]†
- Chambermaiden: Silver Bullet (Cemetery Creep, 2022, Self-Released) [0:55:20 - 0:59:04]†
- Nuovo Testamento: Heartbeat (Heartbeat, 2022, Self-Released/Discoteca Italia) [1:03:26 - 1:07:25]
- Boy Harsher: Give Me a Reason (The Runner (Original Soundtrack), 2022, Nude Club Records) [1:07:25 - 1:11:42]
- Jason Priest: Quicksand (For Your Consideration, 2022, Midnight Mannequin Records) [1:11:42 - 1:17:17]
- Patriarchy: Suffer (The Unself, 2022, Dero Arcade) [1:17:17 - 1:20:58]
- Male Tears: Jaded (Jaded, 2022, Self-Released) [1:20:58 - 1:25:04]
- Panic Priest: AngelSteal (Psychogoria, 2022, Negative Gain Productions/Midnight Mannequin Records) [1:25:04 - 1:28:34]
- Korine: Mt. Airy (Korine/Johnny Dynamite & The Bloodsuckers Split, 2022, Born Losers Records) [1:28:34 - 1:31:32]
- Mach Fox & Zeven Odd Gods: A Sickness (A Sickness, 2022, Self-Released) [1:35:19 - 1:40:22]
- Maduro: Feels Like Sin (Night Parade, 2022, Self-Released) [1:40:22 - 1:44:48]
- Ultra Sunn: The Speed (Summer 22, 2022, Self-Released/Cold Transmission Music) [1:44:48 - 1:49:19]
- Matt Hart: To the Core (Below the Terra, Pt. 1, 2022, Self-Released) [1:49:19 - 1:53:01]
- Hocico: Broken Empires (HyperViolent, 2022, Out of Line) [1:53:01 - 1:57:27]
- Suicide Commando: Bang Bang Bang (Goddestruktor, 2022, Out of Line) [1:57:27 - 2:01:25]
- Bauhaus: Drink the New Wine (Drink the New Wine, 2022, Bauhaus Music) [2:04:55 - 2:09:54]
- Nyx Division: Orchid Rain (Dark Star, 2022, Self-Released/Play Alone Records/BatCave Productions) [2:09:54 - 2:14:00]
- Secret Shame: Luxury Bitch (Autonomy, 2022, Self-Released) [2:14:00 - 2:16:57]
- Vision Video: Death in a Hallway (Haunted Hours, 2022, Self-Released) [2:16:57 - 2:20:03]
- Vazum: Angel (Angel, 2022, Self-Released) [2:20:03 - 2:24:19]
- Adrenochrome: Lost City (In Memoriam, 2022, Self-Released/Symphony of Destruction/Chaotic No Good) [2:24:19 - 2:27:02]
- Devil Master: Enamoured in the Throes of Death (Ecstasies of Never Ending Night, 2022, Relapse Records) [2:27:02 - 2:31:14]
- Whitelands: How It Feels (How It Feels, 2022, Self-Released) [2:31:14 - 2:35:37]
- Colour Design: Feels Like Going Home (Nothing Matters Now, 2022, Self-Released)[2:35:37 - 2:39:36]†
- Cremation Lily: Dreams Drenched in Static (Dreams Drenched in Static, 2022, Flenser Records) [2:39:36 - 2:42:28]
- SRSQ: Saved For Summer (Ever Crashing, 2022, Dais Records) [2:42:28 - 2:50:36]
- Motion Sickness of Time Travel: Lights Out (Ourorboros, 2022, Hooker Vision/Self-Released [2:50:36 - 2:59:44]
† Local artist
Friday Night Frights presents Die Sister Die on Friday, January 27, 2023. Entry is $10 for ages 18 plus, and 100% of ticket sales goes to Arkansas Community Advocates. More info can be found at this Facebook event page.
There’s a new night in the Fayetteville area. Gloom Collective Presents Dead Man’s Party Goth Night, With DJ Death Mistress, DJ Gomez, and Damaged Goods on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at Nomad’s Trailside in Fayetteville.
Nomad’s Trailside at at 1863 N. Pluto Drive in Fayetteville. A map with directions is below.
Dystopia Goth Night in Memphis is doing an event on Saturday, January 28, 2023. This will have sets by DJ Evonech, DJ St. Faust, and guest appearances by Club Nevermore’s DJ 10.29 and DJ Graveyard Gloria. This is at Black Lodge Video, 405 N. Cleveland Ave, Memphis, Tennessee. It starts at 10 PM, admission is $12. More details can be found at this Facebook event post.
Black Lodge Video is at 405 N. Cleveland St. in Memphis. An embedded map is available below.
The February edition of Club Nevermore, central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is happening on Saturday, February 11th at The Labyrinth in Little Rock. This will have sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs, plus a reading of Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven” at midnight. It starts at 8 PM. Admission is $15 for ages 18+, and $10 for ages 21+. More info can be found on this Facebook event post.