Episode 210: 12/18/2022 - The 2022 Holiday HellShow!
Our 2022 holiday hellshow started with a set that was a mix of industrial, metal, darkwave, goth, and dark punk. The second block was a set of Krampus-themed tracks. We played tracks about some other Christmas-related entities, such as the Yule Cat, Mari Lwyd, Frau Perchta, and others in our third set. The fourth block was a set of winter-themed post-punk tracks in honor of Winter Solstice. We leaned into the holiday blues for the fifth set, then we wrapped up the show with a mix of dungeon synth, post-punk, and more!
We hope all of you have a good winter holiday, whether it’s Winter Solstice, Hannukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa—or a good Sunday if you’re not into any of those!
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:41]
- Digital Factor: Bloody Christmas (Black Snow 2 – The Completely Different Xmas Compilation, 2010, Black Rain) [0:06:41 - 0:10:51]
- Shock Therapy: X-Mas Time Again (Santa’s Little Helper: Rarities, Oddities, and Other Festive Diseases, 1994, Psycho Clown/I Am Surprised) [0:10:51 - 0:15:38]
- Vazum: Carol of the Witch (Vazumnacht, 2020, Self-Released) [0:15:38 - 0:21:06]
- Acid Witch: Christmas Evil (You Better Watch Out) (Black Christmas Evil, 2018, Self-Released) [0:21:06 - 0:25:31]
- The Deathtones: Black Christmas (Horrordays, 2022, Self-Released) [0:25:31 - 0:28:43]
- Actually: Krampus Redux (Krampus Redux, 2013, Self-Released) [0:32:35 - 0:35:00]
- Centhron: Krampus - SynthAttack Remix 2021 (Krampus (SynthAttack Remix 2021), 2021, Scanner) [0:35:00 - 0:38:50]
- The Creeping Terrors: Krampusnacht (Medusa Complex, 2020, Self-Released) [0:38:50 - 0:41:01]
- Sapphic Musk: Krampus Bitch (Krampus Bitch/2 Bottoms (Don’t Make a Top), 2017, A64A Recordings/Self-Released) [0:41:01 - 0:43:36]
- Valentine Wolfe: Krampusnacht (Krampusnacht, 2016, Self-Released) [0:43:36 - 0:46:20]
- Feuerschwanz: Krampus (Memento Mori, 2021, Napalm Records) [0:46:20 - 0:49:18]
- MyWar: Krampus - Tekk Remix (Devil’s Reject, 2016, WarProduction) [0:49:18 - 0:53:01]
- Beekeepers: Krampus Shaved My Mailbox (Varroa Mites, 2016, Vacant Stare Records) [0:53:01 - 0:55:25]
- Die Toten Hosen: Knecht Ruprchet’s Letze Fahrt (Opel-Gang, 1983, Totenkopf/Virgin) [1:01:14 - 1:04:59]
- House Made of Dawn: Mari Lwyd (Mari Lwyd, 2021, Arcane Creations/Self-Released?) [1:04:59 - 1:08:27]
- Spiders n’ Diamonds: Belsnickel’s Baby (Belsnickel’s Baby, 2021, Sand Goddess Records) [1:08:27 - 1:12:21]
- Björk Guðmundsdottir: Jólakötturinn (Hvít Er Borg Og Bær Compilation, 1987, Hijóðaklettur/Smekkleysa) [1:12:21 - 1:16:33]
- Maggie Blitz: Perchtanacht (Perchtanacht, 2021, Self-Released) [1:16:33 - 1:19:12]
- Minus One World: Grýla (Super Electric Cancer Machine, 2014, Self-Released) [1:19:12 - 1:22:20]
- The Frozen Autumn: Winter (Pale Awakening, 1995, Weisser Herbst/Eibon Records/Twilight Records/Avantgarde Music) [1:30:24 - 1:36:40]
- Astari Nite: Leave Winter On the Ground (Here Lies, 2020, Negative Gain Productions) [1:36:40 - 1:40:31]
- Asylum Party: First Days of Winter (Borderline, 1989, Lively Art/Deanwell Global Music) [1:40:31 - 1:43:47]
- Ides of March: In Winter’s Land (In Winter’s Land, 1986, RS Records) [1:43:47 - 1:48:07]
- Cauda Pavonis: Winter (Sigil, 2003, FAW4 Records) [1:48:07 - 1:52:02]
- The Cure: Winter (Three Imaginary Boys (Deluxe Version), 2004, Fiction Records/Polydor) [1:55:45 - 1:55:45]
- Type O Negative: Red Water (Christmas Mourning) (October Rust, 1996, Roadrunner Records) [2:01:31 - 2:08:18]
- Jesu: Christmas (Christmas, 2010, Avalanche Recordings/Robotic Empire) [2:08:18 - 2:16:57]
- Terminal Gods: Driving Home For Christmas (Boundless/Driving Home For Christmas, 2015, Snowflakes Christmas Singles Club) [2:16:57 - 2:20:16]
- GoldBlade (Featuring Poly Styrene): City of Christmas Ghosts (Featuring Poly Styrene) (City of Christmas Ghosts, 2008, Damaged Goods) [2:20:16 - 2:23:07]
- Elyvilon: Full Moon Over Yuletide Eve (Full moon Over Yuletide Eve, 2022, Self-Released/Dungeons Deep Records) [2:27:06 - 2:29:38]
- Alien Sex Fiend: Stuff the Turkey (The Best of Alien Sex Fiend, 2001, Anagram Records/Cleopatra) [2:29:38 - 2:33:30]
- Happy Fangs: All I Want For Christmas is Halloween ((All I Want For Christmas is Halloween), 2013, Self-Released) [2:33:30 - 2:36:28]
- Krampus: Santa Claus is Killing in Town (Santagram, 2019, Krampus Record at NorthPole) [2:36:28 - 2:38:13]
- Melt-Banana: White Christmas (The Christmas Album Compilation, 1996, Sony Records) [2:38:13 - 2:41:19]
- Atom & His Package: What We Do On Christmas (Making Love, 1999, No Idea Records) [2:41:19 - 2:43:46]
- London After Midnight: The Christmas Song (Oddities, 1998, Metropolis/Apocalyptic Vision) [2:43:46 - 2:48:37]
- Coil: Christmas is Now Drawing Near (Winter Solstice, 1999, Eskaton) [2:48:37 - 2:52:03]
- Shittyflute: We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Shittyfluted (We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Shittyfluted, 2016, Shittyflute Youtube Channel) [3:00:18 - 3:02:18]
- Who is Knecht Ruprecht? at germargirlinamerica.com.
- What is The Belsnickel? Why is it Part of Pennsylvania Dutch Christmas?
- A Bit Like Santa, But He Has a Whip: Belsnickel is a Creepy Pennsylvania Dutch Icon
- Strange Familiars Podcast Episode 60: Belsnickel, The Christmas Wild Man
- Who is Frau Perchta? Goddess or Christmas Witch?
- Grýla and Leppalúði: The Parents of the Icelandic Yule Lads
- The Icelandic Yule Lads Live at Dimmuborgir in North Iceland
- Why Iceland’s Christmas Witch is Much Cooler and Scarier Than Krampus
- Each Christmas, Iceland’s Yule Cat Takes Fashion Policing to the Extreme
- Icelandic Christmas Lore at Wikipedia
- The Midwinter Majesty of the Mari Lwyd
- Christmas Traditions: The Mari Lwyd
This month’s Friday Night Frights is a screening of Silent Night, Bloody Night on Friday, December 30, 2022. It starts at 7 PM and entry is $10. This is happening at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Details are available on this Facebook event post.
The next Club Nevermore, Central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial, is Saturday, January 14, 2023. This one’s a Matrix-themed party! Further details are available on this Facebook event post.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street, Little Rock, Arkansas. Here is a map with directions: