Episode 207: 11/27/2022
We started this one off with a couple of new new tracks. We followed that with a set of minimal wave and synthpop tracks. Then we played a set of old and somewhat obscure post-punk songs. The fourth block was a set themed around consumerism, shopping, etc. because we’re now in the midst of the Christmas holiday season. We went shopping for some mallsoft tracks in the fifth block, then we wrapped up the show with set of shoegaze and experimental tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:01:15]
- Vazum: The Precious Ones (The Precious Ones, 2022, Self-Released) [0:01:15 - 0:04:26]
- Clusters of Fornication & SJ Tucker: Strangelic (Strangelic, 2022, Self-Released) [0:04:26 - 0:07:21]†
- Sisters of Mercy: Alice (Some Girls Wander By Mistake, 1992, EastWest/Merciful Release/Elektra/Rhino Records) [0:17:30 - 0:21:00]
- Misfits: Hybrid Moments (Misfits (AKA, Collection I), 1986, Wolfbane Records/Plan 9/Caroline Records) [0:21:00 - 0:22:39]
- Iron Curtain: Condos (Artifact, 2008, Pylon Records) [0:25:31 - 0:30:37]
- Medio Mutante: Corre Corre (Eadem Mutata Resurgo, 2015, Self-Released) [0:30:37 - 0:33:37]
- Moral: Trees in November (And Life Is…, 1983, Adsel Service/Arp Grammafon/Dark Entries) [0:33:37 - 0:36:59]
- Snowy Red: Euroshima (Wardance) (The Right to Die, 1981, Dirty Dance) [0:36:59 - 0:41:22]
- Turquoise Days: Grey Skies (Alternative Strategies, 2009, Minimal Wave) [0:41:22 - 0:45:39]
- Tres: Smile On My Face (Smile On My Face, 1985, Self-Released) [0:45:39 - 0:49:56]
- The Names: Calcutta (Swimming, 1982, Les Disques Du Crépuscule/Music-Box/Factory Benelux/LTM) [0:55:14 - 0:58:16]
- Crippled Pilgrims: Black and White (Alt. Version) (Down Here: Collected Recordings (1983-1985), 2004, Reaction Recordings) [0:58:16 - 1:02:12]
- Paranoia: Dead Man’s Dreams (Shattered Glass, 1984, Rot Records/Radiation Reissues) [1:02:12 - 1:05:55]
- Look Back in Anger: Flowers ([Flowers], 1984, Criminal Damage Records) [1:05:55 - 1:08:29]
- Blue Kremlin: Fallbeil (The Collection 1984-1986, 2009, Catastrophe Ballet) [1:08:29 - 1:13:18]
- Lima 13: Tratando de Escapar (Los Sueños Mueren Primero, 1990, Unknown Label/Muki Records) [1:13:18 - 1:16:39]
- Opéra de Nuit: Invitation (Opéra de Nuit, 1988, Self-Released) [1:16:39 - 1:21:02]
- Snog: Third Mall From the Sun (Third Mall From the Sun, 1999, Metropolis/Hymen Records/Rollercoaster Recordings) [1:28:21 - 1:35:14]
- Hot Buttered Elves: It Ain’t Christmas (‘Til the Walmart Greeter Gets Trampled to Death) (Hypothermia, 2009, Tape Hiss Recordings) [1:35:14 - 1:37:22]
- Unitcode:Machine: Buy Me Now (Themes For a Collapsing Empire, 2021, Self-Released/Code Violation Media) [1:37:22 - 1:41:38]
- Ausgang Verboten: Consumer (Entertainment, 1984, Self-Released/Genetic Music) [1:41:38 - 1:44:42]
- Rotersand: Would You Buy This? (Welcome to Goodbye, 2005, Metropolis/Dependent Records/Soyuz Music) [1:44:42 - 1:47:56]
- Wayfarer Plaza: Welcome to the Lobby (Welcome to the Lobby, Unknown Year, Unknown Label) [1:47:56 - 1:55:03]
- Bart Graft: Escalator (The Place Among the Plants) (The Mall Scene, 2015, Self-Released) [1:55:03 - 1:56:21]
- Chungking Mansions: 互動導遊機器人 [Hùdòng dǎoyóu jīqìrén/Interative Guide Robot] (安全出口 Exit 空间和时间, 2015, Dream Catalogue) [1:56:21 - 2:00:07]
- The Innernettes: Lounge Porn (Elevator) (Hi Mom!, 2014, Illuminated Paths) [2:00:07 - 2:04:22]
- Limousine: Victor of Reality (Bizarre Bazaar, 2020, Business Casual/My PetFlamingo) [2:04:22 - 2:06:25]
- </body>: .wav (OS X Paradise, 2017, Self-Released) [2:06:25 - 2:08:06]
- NetMD: Food Court (Dead Mall, 2005, 2015, Ceiling Fan Records) [2:08:06 - 2:11:40]
- Wolfenstein OS X: Alone in the Mall (Muzak in Blue, 2014, Self-Released) [2:11:40 - 2:15:14]
- Low: White Horses (Hey What, 2021, Sub Pop) [2:21:40 - 2:26:42]
- Ride: Vapour Trail (Nowhere, 1990, Creation Records/Sire/Reprise Records/Rhino Records/Wichita) [2:26:42 - 2:30:53]
- Whitelands: Born in Understanding (Born in Understanding, 2022, Self-Released) [2:30:53 - 2:36:25]
- Lycia: November (Ionia, 1991, Projekt/Avantgarde Music) [2:36:25 - 2:38:24]
- Pulse Emitter: Cyber Monday (Chilling in the Eye of the Storm, 2017, Expansive) [2:38:24 - 2:42:36]
- Library Tapes: November Skies (November Skies, 2020, Self-Released) [2:42:36 - 2:44:45]
† Local artist
The NWA Gloom Collective is putting on Funeral Party: An Evening of Dark Dance Music on Saturday, December 3, 2022 at Nomad’s Trailside in Fayetteville. This will have DJ sets by DJ Death Mistress, DJ Gomez, and a guest set by Club Nevermore’s DJ 10.29. More details can be found here.
Nomad’s Trailside is at 1863 North Pluto Drive in Fayetteville, AR. An embedded map with directions is available below.
The next Full Moon Market will be Wednesday, December 7 at The Labyrinth in Little Rock. This will have local vendors selling handmade, spooky, etc. items. More details can be found here.
The next Club Nevermore, Central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is Saturday, December 10th at The Labyrinth in Little Rock.
It’ll be an evening featuring far more than a bakers dozen of tracks by The Cure! Come get your photos with Krampus and drink some hot cocoa with your holiday cookies! Bring a gift valued at $10 or so, and be part of the gift exchange at 11pm with Krampus! Be a Scrooge and don’t bring a gift, you might get a spanking by Krampus! And of course we will also be spinning all your favorite goth and industrial tracks all night with resident DJs 10.29, Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT and Wilhelm!
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street, Little Rock, Arkansas. Here is a map with directions:
This month’s Sci-Fi Friday is at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock, on Friday, December 16, 2022. It will be a screening of 20 Million Miles to Earth. Details are available at this Facebook event post.
This month’s Friday Night Frights is a screening of Silent Night, Bloody Night on Friday, December 30, 2022. It starts at 7 PM and entry is $10. This is happening at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Details are available on this Facebook event post.