Episode 193: 8/7/2022
We premiered some new industrial tracks in the first block of the show. We followed that with a set of darkwave and post-punk tracks. Then we played a set of tracks mixing deathrock, goth, hardcore punk, and g-beat. After that were some requested tracks and a set of noisy old school industrial songs. The midnight block was a set of goth and post-punk tracks with an underlying theme (i.e., summer and heat). We finished this show with a set of recent tracks by some of the artists from England’s Hidden Reverse (e.g., Current 93 and some projects by surviving Coil members).
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:52]
- Mach Fox: LowTech (LowTech, 2022, Self-Released/Phage Tapes) [0:06:52 - 0:16:16]
- Matt Hart: Absolute Zero (Rotersand Classic Ride Rework) (Absolute Zero (Rotersand Classic Ride Rework), 2022, Self-Released) [0:16:16 - 0:21:02]
- L.O.T.I.O.N.: Every Last One (Every Last One, 2022, Self-Released/Toxic State Records) [0:21:02 - 0:23:49]
- Tenderlash: Zombie (Zombie, 2022, Self-Released) [0:27:40 - 0:32:35]
- Dead Cool: Game of Trust (Game of Trust, 2022, Self-Released) [0:32:35 - 0:37:28]
- Solemn Shapes: Animalism (Animalism, 2021, Self-Released) [0:37:28 - 0:42:55]
- Urban Heat: Have You Ever? (Have You Ever?, 2022, Self-Released) [0:42:55 - 0:46:08]
- Ghastly Shadows: We Belong to the Night (We Belong to the Night/Exhume, 2021, Self-Released) [0:46:08 - 0:50:23]
- Noisuf-X: Hit Me Hard (The Beauty of Destruction, 2007, Pro Noize/Gravitator Records) [0:50:44 - 0:55:06]*
- Muerte: De Noche en la Ciudad (Muerte, 2015, SPHC/Cintas Pepe Records/Cabeza de Vaca Records) [1:00:29 - 1:03:24]
- Bleach Birth: Dissolve (Bleach Birth, 2016, Self-Released) [1:03:24 - 1:05:26]
- Criminal Code: Lifeless (2534, 2018, Deranged Records/Self-Released) [1:05:26 - 1:08:04]
- Nervosas: Unstable (Nervosas, 2013, Let’s Pretend Records/P. Trash Records) [1:08:04 - 1:09:58]
- Melissa: Breonna (Melissa, 2021, Flesh Prison/Urge Records) [1:09:58 - 1:12:57]
- Devil Master: Never Ending Night (Ecstasies of Never Ending Night, 2022, Relapse Records) [1:12:57 - 1:18:17]
- The Indoors: Useless Slumber (The Indoors, 2014, Carbonated Sounds) [1:18:17 - 1:21:19]
- Padkarosda: Csókok (Szabadulásom Művészete, 2014, Wake Up and Live Records/Self-Released) [1:21:19 - 1:23:59]
- Sierra: Broken (Gone, 2019, Lazerdiscs Records) [1:32:25 - 1:35:33]*
- Gesaffelstein: Opr (Conspiracy Pt. II, 2011, Turbo) [1:35:33 - 1:39:27]*
- Throbbing Gristle: Hamburger Lady (DOA: The Third and Final Report, 1978, Industrial Records/Fetish Records/Celluloid/Mute/The Grey Area) [1:41:14 - 1:45:22]
- SPK: Factory (Dokument III0 1979, 2010, Vinyl-On-Demand) [1:45:22 - 1:47:32]
- Esplendor Geometrico: Muerte a Escala Industrial (EG-1, 1982, Datenverabeitung/Ortega Y Cassette/Linea Alternativa/Geometrik/Captain Trip) [1:47:32 - 1:53:12]
- Bauhaus: Endless Summer of the Damned (Go Away White, 2008, Bauhaus Music/Cooking Vinyl/Let Them Eat Vinyl/Imperial Records/Selecta) [1:57:27 - 2:02:08]
- Rosetta Stone: Summer (Foundation Stones, 1993, Cleopatra) [2:02:08 - 2:07:48]
- The March Violets: It’s Hot (The Botanic Verses, 1993, Jungle Records/Cleopatra) [2:07:48 - 2:11:09]
- The Mission UK: Heat (Children, 1988, Mercury) [2:11:09 - 2:16:21]
- Ductape: Fire (Ruh, 2022, Swiss Dark Nights) [2:16:21 - 2:20:25]
- Current 93: There is No Zodiac (If a City is Set Upon a Hill, 2022, HomAleph/House of Mythology/Cashen’s Gap) [2:25:39 - 2:31:33]
- UnicaZürn: Blood Comes Singing (Fuse Fire Vortex/Blood Comes Singing, 2021, Self-Released/Heaven’s Lathe) [2:31:33 - 2:34:58]
- Drew McDowall: Agalma I (Agalma, 2020, Dais Records) [2:34:58 - 2:41:02]
- Cyclobe: Tarot (Sulphur – Tarot – Garden, 2012, Phantomcode) [2:41:02 - 2:48:25]
* Requested track
The Labyrinth, at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock, is hosting a Full Moon Market on Thursday, August 11, 2022. Further details can be found here on this Facebook event page.
Sci-Fi Fridays is presenting Phantom Planet on Friday, August 12 at The Labyrinth in Little Rock. It starts at 7:00 PM and entry is $10. Ticket sales from this event benefit Arkansas Community Advocates. Further details can be found on this Facebook event page.
The next edition of Club Nevermore, Arkansas’s premier goth-industrial event, is Saturday, August 13, 2022. The event starts at 9 PM. This will have goth-industrial, etc. sets by DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Wilhelm, yours truly, and a special guest set by DJ St. Faust from Dystopia in Memphis. Further details can be found on this Facebook event page.
The Labyrinth is located at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Use the map below to get directions, but please note The Labyrith is not at the spot Google Maps shows; it’s actually between Electric Panther Tattoo and The Studio Theatre. The photo below shows where The Labyrinth is located.
This is is a modified Google Street View image to show you where The Labyrinth is because Google Maps directs to the Simmons Tower parking garage.
And here is an embedded Google Map with directions to The Labyrinth.