Episode 186: 5/29/2022
We began the show with a set of tracks by darkwave and post-punk artists coming to the area in the near future. The following four blocks were a mix of industrial, goth, darkwave, post-punk, and synthwave tracks that I (Operator OT) played in my sets at last Saturday’s Club Nevermore Cenotaph event. Then we wrapped up the show with a set of summer-themed goth, shoegaze, and ambient tracks to mark the unofficial start of summertime.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:52]
- Modeling: Low Fantasy (Somewhere Before, 2022, Self-Released) [0:06:52 - 0:11:46]†
- Summore: Junktown (Surfaces, 2021, Self-Released) [0:11:46 - 0:16:00]
- Clusters of Fornication: Muscovium Element (Consolidation Artifact, 2022, Self-Released) [0:16:00 - 0:20:32]†
- Death Gang: Nosferatu’s Nightmare (Death Gang, 2021, Self-Released) [0:20:32 - 0:22:42]
- Militia Vox: Reptile (Bait, 2014, Militious Productions) [0:27:38 - 0:33:15]
- Imperative Reaction: Fallout (Minus All, 2008, Metropolis) [0:33:15 - 0:38:01]*
- The Horrors: Against the Blade (Against the Blade, 2021, Wolf Tone/Fiction Records) [0:38:01 - 0:41:20]
- Vision Video: Organized Murder (Inked in Red, 2021, Icy Cold Records/Self-Released) [0:41:20 - 0:45:21]*
- Red Lorry Yellow Lorry: Monkeys On Juice (The Very Best Of, 2000, Cherry Red) [0:45:21 - 0:48:30]
- Getting the Fear: Against the Wind (Death is Bigger 1984-85, 2021, Dais Records) [0:48:30 - 0:52:06]
- Boy Harsher: Give Me a Reason (The Runner (Original Soundtrack) 2022, Nude Club Records) [0:56:04 - 1:00:24]
- Scandroid: Writing’s On the Wall (The Light, 2019, FiXT Neon) [1:00:24 - 1:04:35]
- Depeche Mode: Master and Servant (Some Great Reward, 1984, Mute/Sire/RCA Victor) [1:04:35 - 1:08:21]
- Confines: Buried Clothes (Work Up the Blood, 2021, Synthicide) [1:08:21 - 1:12:45]
- Sisters of Mercy: Alice (Some Girls Wander By Mistake, 1992, EastWest/Merciful Release/Elektra/Rhino Records) [1:12:45 - 1:16:15]
- Blu Anxxiety: Send Me An Angel (God’s Exposure, 2019, Toxic State Records) [1:16:15 - 1:20:24]
- White Ring: Leprosy (Gate of Grief, 2018, Rocket Girl) [1:24:46 - 1:27:21]
- Light Asylum: Skull Fuct (In Tension EP, 2011, Self-Released/Mexican Summer) [1:27:21 - 1:32:34]
- Kanga: Control (Eternal Daughter, 2019, Self-Released/Artoffact Records [1:32:34 - 1:36:12]*
- Leather Strip: I Want You Hard (Satanic Reasons: The Very Best Of, 2005, Cleopatra) [1:36:12 - 1:40:33]*
- Nuclear*Sun: CIties in Dust (The Cleansing, 2019, Glitch Mode Recordings) [1:40:33 - 1:45:03]
- Matt Hart: Decimate (Below the Terra, Part 1, 2022, Self-Released) [1:45:03 - 1:49:16]
- Hocico: Artificial Extinction (Artificial Extinction, 2019, Out of Line) [1:53:16 - 1:58:19]
- Linea Aspera: Attica (Preservation Bias, 2019, Dark Entries) [1:58:19 - 2:01:54]
- Rosegarden Funeral Party: Fear of Feeling Nothing (At the Stake, 2020, Young and Cold Records/Self-Released) [2:01:54 - 2:05:40]
- STRNGR & Destryur: Corpse Boogie (Night at the Grindhouse, 2020, NewRetroWave) [2:05:40 - 2:09:08]
- Carpenter Brut: Run, Sally, Run! (Trilogy, 2015, No Quarter/Neuropa Records/Caroline International) [2:09:08 - 2:13:53]
- Zwaremachine: Zero Containment (Conquest 3000, 2021, Phage Tapes/Self-Released) [2:13:53 - 2:17:34]
- Coaltar of the Deepers: Summer Days (The Visitors From Deepspace, 1994, XEO Invitation) [2:21:51 - 2:25:14]
- Bauhaus: Endless Summer of the Damned (Go Away White, 2008, Bauhaus Music/Cooking Vinyl/Selecta/Let Them Eat Vinyl) [2:25:14 - 2:29:54]
- Rosetta Stone: Summer (Foundation Stones, 1993, Cleopatra) [2:29:54 - 2:35:34]
- Pulse Emitter: Summer (Chilling in the Eye of the Storm, 2017, Expansive Music) [2:35:34 - 2:41:51]
† Local artist
* Requested track
June’s Club Nevermore is on Saturday, June 11 at Area 51 in Sherwood. This one will have goth-industrial sets by Nevermore’s resident DJs 10.29, Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT, and Wilhelm, plus a guest set by DJ James and the return of DJ Hollow! There will also be live sets by Summore and Clusters of Fornication! This is going to be a big one! More info can be found on the Facebok post for the event!
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions.
We recommend consulting IDriveArkansas.com for road conditions, especially if you plan to drive on I-30, which is a total mess to drive on at the moment!
The legendary Belgian industrial band Suicide Commando is coming to Club Nevermore! Club Nevermore and Bragi Events are bringing Suicide Commando to Area 51, at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, on Monday, July 4, 2022. Further info can be found here. Tickets are now on sale at EventBrite. There are also VIP packages and hotel deals available at Club Nevermore!
For out-of-state people looking to come to this show, Sherwood is a suburb of Little Rock, and is next to the city of North Little Rock.
Driving distances from some nearby cities to Sherwood, AR **:
- Austin, Texas: ~7.5-8 hours
- Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas: ~5 hours
- Houston, Texas: ~7 hours
- Jackson, Mississippi: ~4.5 hours
- Memphis, Tennessee: ~2 hours
- Nashville, Tennessee: ~5 hours
- New Orleans, Louisiana: ~7 hours
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: ~5 hours
- Oxford, Mississippi: ~3.5 hours
- Shreveport, Louisiana: ~3.5 hours
** Driving distances and times are taken from Google Maps. Your travel times may vary due to traffic, road, and weather conditions, etc.