Episode 185: 5/22/2022
We returned to the air with an all goth, deathrock, darkwave, and post-punk show in honor of World Goth Day. We started with some new-ish tracks. We followed that up with a set of goth and deathrock tracks from Hamburg, Germany circa 1985-1991. After that we played a set of vampire-themed tracks for World Dracula Day. We followed that up with a set of tracks by bands from Mexico. The midnight block was a set of post-punk tracks, then we wrapped up the show with a set of ethereal goth and shoegaze tracks.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:55]
- Scary Black: American Gothic (American Gothic, 2021, Self-Released) [0:06:55 - 0:11:04]
- Summore: A Light On (Surfaces, 2021, Self-Released) [0:11:04 - 0:15:44]
- Astari Nite: Ashtray Ballet (Ashtray Ballet, 2022, Negative Gain Productions) [0:15:44 - 0:20:44]
- Cyan Revue: Animal (Four Wounds, 1986, Yellow Ltd.) [0:25:32 - 0:29:13]
- Blue Kremlin: Te Quiero (The Collection 1984-86, 2009, Catastrophe Ballet) [0:29:13 - 0:33:36]
- Mask For: Deaf! Deaf! (Mask For Demo, 198?, Self-Released) [0:33:36 - 0:36:18]
- Die Erde: Graben (Kch Kch Kch, 1989, What’s So Funny About…) [0:36:18 - 0:39:14]
- Die-Gants: Get Ready (Fishing For Compliments, 1988, L’Age D’Or) [0:39:14 - 0:42:39]
- Girls Under Glass: Never Go (Positive, 1991, Dark Star) [0:42:39 - 0:46:09]
- Screaming Dead: Twentieth Century Vampire (Death Rides Out, 2000, Resurrection Records) [0:53:36 - 0:58:56]
- The Plague: Vampyre (Naraka, 1987, Immortum Records) [0:58:56 - 1:01:41]
- Fear Condition: Vampire (…Til the Night Comes Again, 1986, Smash Records) [1:01:41 - 1:04:47]
- Penis Flytrap: Dracula’s Daughter (Tales of Terror, 1998, Bloody Daggre Records) [1:04:47 - 1:07:44]
- Altar De Fey: Vampires (The Insatiable Desire …For More, 2019, Bat-Cave Productions/Occult Whispers Records) [1:07:44 - 1:12:10]
- The Morgue: Nosferatu’s Nightmare (Unknown Album, 2002?, Unknown Label) [1:12:10 - 1:14:48]
- Dead Roses Garden: Nosferatu (City of Deads, 2004, Self-Released/Vlad Tapes) [1:14:48 - 1:18:13]
- Animal Rojo: On My Grave (Garden of Gloom, 2019, Self-Released) [1:26:10 - 1:30:43]
- Lúcida Fila: Love Never Dies (Et Vidi Lucem…, 2018, Unknown Label) [1:30:43 - 1:37:07]
- Severance: Rainmaker (Rainmaker, 2020, Self-Released) [1:37:07 - 1:42:38]
- Caifanes: El Año Del Dragón (El Nervio Del Volcan, 1994, RCA) [1:42:38 - 1:46:23]
- Mekrokiev: We Are a Revolution (StaR, 2020, Self-Released) [1:46:23 - 1:50:03]
- Gentle Ropes: Walls (Control, 2022, Self-Released) [1:54:06 - 1:58:11]
- Lebanon Hanover: Gallowdance (Tomb For Two, 2013, Fabrika/Mecanica/Dead Scarlet Records/Living Tapes) [1:58:11 - 2:01:58]
- Tower of Babel: Shed My Skin (Sunrising, 1988, Red Dawn) [2:01:58 - 2:05:32]
- Smurno: Sklo (Sklo, 2021, Self-Released) [2:05:32 - 2:08:52]
- Traitrs: Magdalene (Horses in the Abattoir, 2021, Freakwave) [2:08:52 - 2:12:42]
- Sad Lovers & Giants: 50:50 (In the Breeze, 1984, Midnight Music) [2:12:42 - 2:16:21]
- This Ascenion: For a Day (Tears in Rain, 1989, Tess Records/Projekt) [2:20:56 - 2:25:27]
- Cocteau Twins: Blood Bitch (Garlands, 1982, 4AD/Vertigo/Capitol Records) [2:25:27 - 2:29:57]
- Lycia: Ionia (Ionia, 1991, Projekt/Avantgarde Music) [2:29:57 - 2:35:05]
- Lancastell: Disguise Your Sky (Primary Feelings, 2017, Black Bedrooms Records/Self-Released) [2:35:05 - 2:39:32]
- Chinese Hackers: Underground ((Wiretap), 2015, Bedlam Tapes/Needlejuice Records/Self-Released) [2:39:32 - 2:42:34]
The next Nevermore event is Cenotaph: Naughtymore - A Fetish Gala Event, on Saturday, May 28, 2022 at The Labyrinth in downtown Little Rock. This event will have Club Nevermore’s resident DJs 10.29, Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT, and Wilhelm spinning goth, post-punk, industrial, synthwave, and more! There will also be a burlesque performance by Jezebelle Jaxxx! Admission is $15 for people under 21 years of age, $10 for ages 21 and up. More details can be found at this Facebook event post.
The Labyrinth is located at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Use the map below to get directions, but please note The Labyrith is not at the spot Google Maps shows; it’s actually between Electric Panther Tattoo and The Studio Theatre.
This is is a modified Google Street View image to show you where The Labyrinth is because Google Maps directs to the Simmons Tower parking garage.
June’s Club Nevermore is on Saturday, June 11 at Area 51 in Sherwood. This one will have goth-industrial sets by Nevermore’s resident DJs 10.29, Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT, and Wilhelm, plus a guest set by DJ James and the return of DJ Hollow! There will also be live sets by Summore and Clusters of Fornication! This is going to be a big one! More info can be found on the Facebok post for the event!
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions…
We recommend consulting IDriveArkansas.com for road conditions, especially if you plan to drive on I-30, which is a total mess to drive on at the moment!
The legendary Belgian industrial band Suicide Commando is coming to Club Nevermore! Club Nevermore and Bragi Events are bringing Suicide Commando to Area 51, at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, on Monday, July 4, 2022. Further info can be found here. Tickets are now on sale at EventBrite. There are also VIP packages and hotel deals available at Club Nevermore!
For out-of-state people looking to come to this show, Sherwood is a suburb of Little Rock, and is next to the city of North Little Rock.
Driving distances from some nearby cities to Sherwood, AR **:
- Austin, Texas: ~7.5-8 hours
- Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas: ~5 hours
- Houston, Texas: ~7 hours
- Jackson, Mississippi: ~4.5 hours
- Memphis, Tennessee: ~2 hours
- Nashville, Tennessee: ~5 hours
- New Orleans, Louisiana: ~7 hours
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: ~5 hours
- Oxford, Mississippi: ~3.5 hours
- Shreveport, Louisiana: ~3.5 hours
** Driving distances and times are taken from Google Maps. Your travel times may vary due to traffic, road, and weather conditions, etc.