Episode 176: 3/6/2022
We started this show off with a mix of industrial, darkwave, and post-punk tracks. Then we got things going with a set of synthpop. The block after that was a set of post-punk, goth, and darkwave by Ukrainian bands. Then we put on a set of experimental, power electronics, and harsh noise walls just because we could. The midnight set was one of old and new industrial new tracks with a theme (war). Then we closed the show with a block of shoegaze tracks, because that’s why I’ve been feeling lately.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:07:02]
- Mach Fox: All Day and All of the Night (All Day and All of the Night, 2022, Mach Fox Youtube Channel) [0:07:02 - 0:10:05]
- The Pop Ritual: A Cleansing (It Sheds Again, 2019, Thisco) [0:10:05 - 0:15:58]
- Skull Family: Where I Belong (Sphone, 2020, Self-Released) [0:15:58 - 0:19:13]†
- Schkeuditzer Kreuz: State Violence State Control (Isolated and Alone, 2021, Bad Habit Records/Dorfpunk Tapes/Pyrrhic Defeat/Already Broken Records) [0:19:13 - 0:21:54]
- Plastique Noir: Manifesto (Iskuros, 2021, Wave Records) [0:21:54 - 0:26:12]
- FM Attack & Vandal Moon: Séance (Séance, 2022, Starfield Records) [0:32:13 - 0:35:49]
- Boy Harsher: Machina (Feat. Mariana Saldaña) (The Runner (Original Soundtrack), 2022, Nude Club Records) [0:35:49 - 0:40:02]
- Nuovo Testamento: The Searcher (New Earth, 2021, Avant!/Funeral Party Records) [0:40:02 - 0:43:57]
- Riki: Napoleon (Riki, 2020, Dais Records) [0:43:57 - 0:48:44]
- Modeling: Nothing Unexpected (Nothing Unexpected, 2021, Self-Released) [0:48:44 - 0:54:33]†
- Seahorse: Forest (Watch a Seahorse Give Birth, 2012, Self-Released) [1:00:38 - 1:05:09]
- Icy Men: Koroleva Grusti (Queen of Sorrow) (Korleva Grusti (Queen of Sorrow), 2018, Self-Released/Cold Transmission Music) [1:05:09 - 1:09:21]
- The Pleroma: Nichego (Nothing) (Nichego, 2022, Self-Released) [1:09:21 - 1:12:34]
- Smurno: Sklo (Sklo, 2021, Self-Released) [1:12:34 - 1:15:54]
- Morwan: Gdye-To Tam Vdali (Somewher Out There) (Zola-Zemlya, 2020, Sierpien Records/Reclusion Records/Death Shadow Records/Feel It Records) [1:15:54 - 1:23:00]
- Brandon Wald: Angel of the Fatal Wind (Andromedan Transmissions, 2021, Black Ring Rituals) [1:30:36 - 1:35:45]
- Bacillus: The Continual Existential Threat (Variants of Concern, 2021, Patient Records) [1:35:45 - 1:39:58]
- Koobaatoo Asparagus: Omicron Variants (Excerpt) (Omicron Variants, 2022, No Skinny Jeans Records) [1:39:58 - 1:44:17]
- Brighter Death Now: Love Hard (Everything is Gonna Be Alright, 2022, Cold Meat Industry/Self-Relesead) [1:44:17 - 1:49:08]
- Fouke: The Red Mountains of Almases, Part 2 (Excerpt) (The Red Mountains of Almases, 2022, The White Visitation) [1:49:08 - 1:51:43]
- Throbbing Gristle: The World is a War Film (Heathen Earth: The Live Sound of Throbbing Gristle, 1980, Industrial Records/Fetish Records/The Grey Area/Mute) [2:00:01 - 2:07:45]
- Test Dept.: Wojna (War) (Proven in Action, 1991, Ministry of Power/Invisible) [2:07:45 - 2:14:37]
- Alberich: Open Warfare (Guard Tower: Cassette Works, Vol. 1, 2013, Hospital Prouctions) [2:14:37 - 2:19:34]
- Cold Gawd: Nostalgia in the Worst Fashion (The Creative Pursuits of Me and You, 2020, The Void Trademark) [2:24:31 - 2:28:24]
- Medicine: Time Baby III (The Crow (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), 1994, Atlantic/Interscope Records) [2:28:24 - 2:32:12]
- Anilore: Black Halo (Still Awake, 1996, Abysmal/Dismal Recordings/Self-Released) [2:32:12 - 2:36:14]
- Study of the Lifeless: You Kill Me Every Day (Study of Lifeless, 2000, American Pop Project) [2:36:14 - 2:40:24]
- Bleach: Crimson ‘O’ (Bleach, 1991, Artlos) [2:40:24 - 2:48:51]
† Local artist
How to Help People of Ukraine
- How to Help the People of Ukraine at TheCut
- ABC13 Eyewitness News: How to Help Ukrainians After Russia’s Attack
The Fouke Monster (An Arkansas Native Cryptid)
- Fouke Monster at Wikipedia. Wikipedia’s article on the Fouke Monster, a sasquatch-like crytpid seen in southwestern Arkansas.
- Fouke Monster Mart at Arkansas.com. A convenience store in Fouke, Arkansas with gifts, displays, and information about the Fouke Monster.
- Fouke Monster at Encylopedia of Arkansas. The Encyclopdia of Arkansas’s entry on The Fouke Monster.
- Boggy Creek Blog: The Legend of the Fouke Monster by Joshua Youngblood at University of Arkansas.
The next Club Nevermore is coming up on March 12, 2022. This will have goth-industrial, darkwave, post-punk, etc. sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs, plus a live show by The Pop Ritual from Memphis. There is a $10 cover charge; doors open at 8 PM. Further info can be found on this Facebook post.
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs directing drivers to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions.
Little Rock’s Illusionaut, Jonesboro’s Skull Family, and Memphis’s The Pop Ritual are playing at Vinos, located at 923 West 7th Street in Little Rock (at the corner of 7th and Chester Streets) on Saturday, March 26, 2022. Details about the show can be found here.
Use the map below for directions to Vino’s…
The legendary Belgian industrial band Suicide Commando is coming to Club Nevermore! Club Nevermore and Bragi Events are bringing Suicide Commando to Area 51, at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, on Monday, July 4, 2022. Further info can be found here. Tickets are now on sale at EventBrite.