Episode 166: 11/28/2021
We began this show with a set of new darkwave and post-punk tracks, along with a brand new track by Zwaremachine. The second block was a set of tracks vaguely themed around gratefulness and Thanksgiving. The third set was themed around shopping and consumerism, in “honor” of Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc. The fourth block was a set of hard and heavy noise rock, and the fifth block was a set of post-punk and darkwave. Then we closed the show with a set of ambient-leaning tracks.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:09:53]
- Boy Harsher: Tower (Tower, 2021, Nude Club) [0:09:53 - 0:13:18]
- Ghastly Shadows: We Belong to the Night (We Belong to the Night, 2021, Self-Released) [0:13:18 - 0:17:35]
- Scary Black: American Gothic (American Gothic, 2021, Self-Released) [0:17:35 - 0:21:46]
- Zwaremachine: Effigy (Effigy, 2021, Self-Released) [0:21:46 - 0:25:43]
- November Növelet: Be Grateful to Your Murderer (The World in Devotion, 2015, Galakthorö) [0:30:48 - 0:33:04]
- Alien Sex Fiend: Stuff the Turkey (The Best of Alien Sex Fiend, 2001, Anagram Records/Cleopatra) [0:33:04 - 0:36:56]
- 99¢ Special: Thanks (Intentional Overdose Prerelease Rerelease, 2016, H.O.W.D.Y . Music) [0:36:56 - 0:39:50]
- Jason Priest: Be Thankful, Billy (Jason Priest is Missing, 2021, Midnight Mannequin) [0:39:50 - 0:44:39]
- Funker Vogt: Thanks For Nothing (Thanks For Nothing, 1996, Zoth Ommog/Music Research/Metropolis/RepoRecords) [0:44:39 - 0:50:46]
- Rabbit Junk: Attendance (Attendance, 2021, Self-Released) [0:50:46 - 0:54:31]
- Pulse Emitter: Cyber Monday (Chilling in the Eye of the Storm, 2017, Expansive) [1:00:24 - 1:04:37]
- Snog: Third Mall From the Sun (Third Mall From the Sun, 1999, Hymen Records/Rollercoaster Recordings/Metropolis) [1:04:37 - 1:11:29]
- Combined Minds: Shop Town (1984, 1983, Multi-Purpose Musik) [1:11:29 - 1:14:33]
- Ausgang Verboten: Consumer (Entertainment, 1984, Self-Released/Genetic Music) [1:14:33 - 1:17:38]
- Unitcode:Machine: Buy Me Now (Themes For a Collapsing Empire, 2021, Code Violation Music/Self-Released) [1:17:38 - 1:21:56]
- Unsane: Factory (Sterilize, 2017, Southern Lord/Daymare Recordings) [1:28:09 - 1:32:08]
- Black Rain: Imagelust (Metal Rain 1989-1993, 2018, DKA Records) [1:32:08 - 1:36:12]
- Neurosis: The Web (Souls at Zero, 1992, Alternative Tentacles/Toy’s Factory/Neurot Recordings/Relapse Records) [1:36:12 - 1:41:05]
- Rorschach: Mandible (Protestant, 1993, Wardance/Gern Blandsten) [1:41:05 - 1:43:43]
- Broken Water: Yanka Dyagileva (Tempest, 2012, Hardly Art) [1:43:43 - 1:46:41]
- Coughs: Happy Harvest (Secret Passage, 2006, Load Records) [1:46:41 - 1:51:10]
- Jack Frost: Every Hour God Sends (Jack Frost, 1990, Red Eye Records/Arista/Karmic Hit) [1:56:44 - 2:01:20]
- DA: White Castles (Dark Rooms, 1981, Autumn Records) [2:01:20 - 2:04:46]
- Yanka Dyagileva: My Po Koleno (Angedoniya, 1994, BSA Records/KHOR/Moroz Records/Zvukoreni/Vygorod/Grob Records) [2:04:46 - 2:07:13]
- Positive Noise: Warlords (Heart of Darkness, 1981, Statik Records/Trio Records) [2:07:13 - 2:11:51]
- Illusionaut: Through the Trees (Through the Trees, 2021, Self-Released/Spinning Inside Music) [2:11:51 - 2:16:59]†
- White Mansion: Cancel the Sky (Cancel the Sky, 2021, Cold Transmission Music) [2:16:59 - 2:20:57]†
- Black Tape For a Blue Girl: Channukah, Oh Channukah (Excelsis: A Dark Noël Compilation, 1995, Projekt Records) [2:27:06 - 2:30:41]
- Seirom: November (1973, 2012, Aurora Borealis) [2:30:41 - 2:36:39]
- Décima Victima: Noviembre (Los Que Faltan, 2010, Munster Records) [2:36:39 - 2:38:59]
- Lycia: Dead Leaves Fall (Quiet Moments, 2013, Handmade Birds/Projekt/Self-Released) [2:38:59 - 2:44:09]
- Selaxon Lutberg & SubInterior: November (The Meeting, 2010, Denovali Records/Murkhouse Recordings) [2:44:09 - 2:50:06]
- Library Tapes: The Leaves Have Left Us (Alone in the Bright Lights of a Shattered Life, 2005, Resonant/Zankyo Record/Auretic) [2:50:06 - 2:53:54]
† Local artist
Club Nevermore’s next event, Goth on the Rocks, is coming up on Saturday, December 11th at Area 51, located at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood. This event will have DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Wilhelm, and Operator OT spinning cool goth-industrial music.
Important note: proof of covid vaccination or a 48-hour negative covid test is required for entry to the event. We recommend putting a picture of your vaccination card on your phone.
Club Nevermore and Bragi events are presenting New Year’s Noir: Dark Dance Party at Area 51, 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, on Friday, December 31, 2021. Tickets are $15 advance purchase online, $20 at the door. Ages 21+ only. Spinning goth, industrial, EBM, synthpop, all night! There is also an after party. They are serving till 5 AM with champagne toast at midnight and drink specials. Further info is available at https://www.facebook.com/events/960191001576434/.
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs directing drivers to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions.