Episode 158: 9/26/2021
We started this episode with tracks by local darkwave artists who will be playing a streaming benefit show this Saturday (October 2, 2021). We followed that with a set of noise rock and no wave, including a couple of artists playing at this year’s Valley of the Vapors Independent Music Festival. We followed that with a set of dark punk and deathrock tracks with a vaguely autumnal feel. After that was a set of autumn-themed dark folk tracks. Our midnight set was a tribute to our feline friends, and we closed the show with a set of experimental and ambient tracks themed around fall.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:47]
- Adrian James: Killing Jar (Das Gift, 2004, Self-Released) [0:06:47 - 0:10:39]†
- AnotherTheory: Midnight Movie (Final Girl - Bedroom Mix) (Midnight Movie (Final Girl - Bedroom Mix), 2020, Self-Released) [0:10:39 - 0:15:03]†
- Clusters of Fornication: Hate is a Carnivore (Loss For Words, 2021, Self-Released) [0:15:03 - 0:19:35]†
- Psychic Graveyard: I’m Not Going to Your Seance (Veins Feel Strange, 2020, Deathbomb Arc) [0:25:26 - 0:29:14]
- We Are the Asteroid: Stay Down (Wata Wonderful World, 2020, Bad Rope Records) [0:29:14 - 0:33:28]
- Chat Pile: Brutal Truth (Portrayal of Guilt/Chat Pile Split, 2020, Self-Released) [0:33:28 - 0:37:01]
- Couch Slut: Carousel of Progress (Take a Chance on Rock ’n’ Roll, 2020, Gilead Media) [0:37:01 - 0:39:20]
- Metz: Blind Youth Industrial Park (Atlas Vending, 2020, Sub Pop/Royal Mountain Records) [0:39:20 - 0:42:22]
- USA Nails: Revolution Worker (Character Stop, 2020, Hex Records) [0:42:22 - 0:44:45]
- Bruxa Maria: Manual Labour vs Office Dickheads (The Maddening, 2020, Hominid Sounds) [0:44:45 - 0:47:15]
- Funeral Parade: The Light (Funeral Parade Demo 2010, 2010, Self-Released/Voice From Inside/Mata La Musica Discos) [0:54:21 - 0:56:38]
- Part 1: Pictures of Pain (Pictures of Pain, 1985, Pusmort/All the Madmen Records) [0:56:38 - 1:01:16]
- 45 Grave: Slice O’ Life (Sleep in Safety, 1983, Restless Records/Enigma Records/Real Gone Music) [1:01:16 - 1:07:18]
- Misfits: Hybrid Moments (Legacy of Brutality, 1985, Plan 9/Caroline Records) [1:07:18 - 1:08:53]
- Screaming Dead: Paint it Black (Bring Out Yer Dead, 1993, Angel Records/Bomb-All Records/Bomb-All Reissues) [1:08:53 - 1:12:01]
- Christian Death: As Evening Falls (Catastrophe Ballet, 1984, L’Invitation Au Suicide/Contempo Records/LSR Records/Normal/Cleopatra/Season of Mist) [1:12:01 - 1:15:29]
- Pamala Wyn Shannon: September’s Way (Courting Autumn, 2007, Girlhenge Records) [1:21:02 - 1:26:22]
- Aranyesõ Citerazeneka: Hulljatok Levelek (Unknown Album, 2004, No Label) [1:26:22 - 1:30:23]
- Stone Breath: Leaves About Our Feet, We Reached For the Moon (A Silver Thread to Weave the Seasons, 1998, Hand/Eye Camera Obscura) [1:30:23 - 1:34:52]
- Harkaliðið: Eitt Kvøld So Siðla (Harkaliðið, 1971, Mál/Tutl) [1:34:52 - 1:37:39]
- Forest: Autumn Childhood (The Full Circle, 1970, Harvest/Zap!/Parlophone/Music On Vinyl) [1:37:39 - 1:43:54]
- Cevin Key: Wind on Small Paws (Music For Cats, 1998, Metropolis/Subsconscious Communications/Artoffact Records) [1:48:50 - 1:55:24]
- Grandma’s Cottage: Calico (Memory Box, 2020, Self-Released) [1:55:24 - 1:57:20]
- Whiskers: Catnaps By the Window (Dreaming of the World Outside) (Melatonin Blanket, 2020, Self-Released) [1:57:20 - 2:00:16]
- Speedy Edgar: Thou Shalt Always Pet Me (Thou Shalt Always Pet Me, 2021, Neverwood Records/Self-Released) [2:00:16 - 2:03:55]
- 25,000 Kittens: Boo (1995-2011) (25,000 Kittens, 2014, Ginjoha) [2:03:55 - 2:13:54]
- The Caretaker: An Autumnal Equinox (Everywhere at the End of Time: Stage 1, 2016, History Always Favours the Winners) [2:21:41 - 2:24:28]
- Tor Lundvall: The Leaves Change in Silence (Insect Wings, Leaf Matter, and Broken Twigs – Early Ambient Recordings: 1991-1994, 2009, Eternal Autumn Editions) [2:24:28 - 2:28:59]
- Pulse Emitter: Autumn Again (Equinox, 2014, Constellation Tatsu) [2:28:59 - 2:40:35]
- Coil: Amethyst Deceivers (Fall Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers, 1998, Eskaton) [2:42:21 - 2:48:51]
† Local artist
Club Nevermore—Arkansas’s one-and-only monthly goth-industrial event—is coming up on Saturday, October 9, 2021 at Area 51, located at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood. This is Nevermore’s Halloween event, with a costume contest, cool spooky tunes spun by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs, and a special burlesque show by Jezebelle Jaxxx!
Note: proof of covid19 vaccination or a 48-hour negative covid test is required for entry. We recommend taking a picture of your vaccination card and putting it on your phone.
Area 51 is at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, which is about 10-15 minutes out of Little Rock. We advise against taking the directions Google Maps gives because you may get stuck in the alley between Area 51 and Waffle House with no way to get through if somebody is blocking it with their car.
If going to Area 51 from Little Rock we recommend taking I-30 North to I-40 East. (If you’re going there from Conway or points west of Little Rock then simply take I-40 East towards Little Rock, Memphis, etc.) Get into one of the left lanes and take Exit 155 for 67/167 North towards Jacksonville and the Little Rock Air Force Base. Go north, then take Exit 4 for Brockington/Brookswood Road. Go down to the light, then turn left. Go two blocks till you reach Warden Road, then go south for about three-quarters of a mile. Area 51 is in a strip mall between a car dealership and a Waffle House on the right hand side of the road. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis, the bar next door.
Ones traveling from North Little Rock can get on JFK Boulevard and go north till reaching East Kiehl Avenue. Travel east on East Kiehl Avenue, following signs for Highway 67/167 South, which leads to Warden Road. Go south on Warden Road for about a mile; Area 51 will be on the right.
Or use the Google Map below for directions…