Episode 227: 6/25/2023
We played some new post-punk, goth, and darkwave tracks in the first set. The second set went heavy on new industrial tracks. We followed that with a set of goth tracks. Then we played some synthpop songs. We played a set of post-punk tracks in the fifth block, then we finished the show with some psychedelic dirge and shoegaze tracks.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:08:27]
- Killing Joke: Full Spectrum Dominance (Full Spectrum Dominance, 2023, Spinefarm Records) [0:08:27 - 0:14:23]
- The Bleak Assembly: A Night Like This (Strangers Among Strangers, 2023, Self-Released) [0:14:23 - 0:19:01]
- Animal Rojo: Cvt My Skin (Cvt My Skin, 2023, Self-Released) [0:19:01 - 0:23:06]
- Butthole Surfers: Human Cannonball (Locust Abortion Technician, 1987, Touch & Go Records/Blast First/Au Go Go/Latino Bugger Veil) [0:23:06 - 0:26:54]
- Espermachine: It’s Gone (It’s Gone, 2023, Self-Released) [0:31:27 - 0:34:00]†
- Haus Arafna: Dunkelheit Bleibt (Dunkelheit Bleibt, 2023, Galakthorrö/Self-Released) [0:34:00 - 0:38:02]
- Matt Hart: Rotations (Rotations, 2023, Self-Released) [0:38:02 - 0:41:54]
- Randolph & Mortimer: Self-Medicator (The Incomplete Truth, 2023, Surface Reality Records) [0:41:54 - 0:46:32]
- Imperative Reaction: Surface (Imperative Reaction, 2011, Metropolis/Dependent) [0:46:32 - 0:50:23]
- 3Teeth: Slum Planet (Slum Planet, 2023, Century Media) [0:50:23 - 0:53:51]
- Corpus Delicti: Patient (Sylphes, 1994, Hit Import/Glasnost Records/D-Monic/Cleopatra) [0:58:04 - 1:02:41]
- Shrouds: Degeneration (Grimoire, 2023, Bat-Cave Productions) [1:02:41 - 1:06:32]
- Nox Novacula: Last Will and Testament (Ascension, 2022, Bat-Cave Productions) [1:06:32 - 1:11:15]
- Absinthe Vows: Sea Vigils (Sunlight Stabs, 2023, Self-Released) [1:11:15 - 1:14:56]
- Vision Video: Death in a Hallway (Haunted Hours, 2022, Self-Released) [1:14:56 - 1:18:01]
- Red Lorry Yellow Lorry: Driving Me (Blasting Off, 1992, Deathwish Office/Release Entertainment) [1:18:01 - 1:21:18]
- Adrenochrome: Lost City (In Memoriam, 2022, Self-Released/Symphony of Destruction) [1:21:18 - 1:24:00]
- Zanias: Simulation (Chrysalis, 2023, Fleisch) [1:29:43 - 1:33:25]
- Nuovo Testamento: Love Lines (Love Lines, 2023, Discoteca Italia) [1:33:25 - 1:37:29]
- Chloe Cherrie: Fairy Fountain 4Ever (Fairy Fountain 4Ever, 2023, Self-Released) [1:37:29 - 1:40:35]†
- Tres: Smile On My Face (Smile on My Face, 1985, Tres/Self-Released) [1:40:35 - 1:44:50]
- Experimental Products: Sweet Rejection (Prototype, 1982, Short Circuit Records/Vinyl-On-Demand) [1:44:50 - 1:49:50]
- True Faith: In Vain (In Vain, 2023, Self-Released) [1:54:11 - 1:58:14]
- Black Rose Burning: When We Dance (The Year of the Scorpion, 2020, PVRCo/Self-Released) [1:58:14 - 2:03:22]
- 群像 [Qúnxiàng/Group Portrait]: 甜蜜的逃亡 [Tiánmì De Táowáng/Sweet Escape] (低迷聚会/Dīmí Jùhuì [Slump Party], 2021, Pollux Music) [2:03:22 - 2:08:08]
- Mode Moderne: Gastown Nights (Mode IV, 2018, Light Organ Records/604 Records) [2:08:08 - 2:12:02]
- Crashblack Big Orange: Black Whitened Vein (Naked Man, 1990, CGM Records) [2:12:02 - 2:17:22]
- Jawbreaker: Into You Like a Train (Etc., 2002, Blackball Records) [2:17:22 - 2:19:47]
- Bardo Pond: Maggot Brain (Rise Above it All, 2013, Fire Records) [2:25:26 - 2:46:59]
- High Vis: Blending (Blending, 2022, Dais Records) [2:46:59 - 2:50:51]
† Local artist
This month’s Friday Night Frights is on Friday, June 30th. This month’s edition is a screening of Scream Bloody Murder. More info can be found at this Facebook event post.
This month’s Wicked Thursday event is Thursday, July 6, with DJ Death Mistress and End: The DJ, at West & Watson, which is at 326 N. West Avenue Suite 4 in Fayetteville. We’re including a map with directions below.
The July edition of Club Nevermore, Central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is on Saturday, July 8th. This month’s theme is Y’Allternative. This is at The Labyrinth, at 619 S. Spring St. in downtown Little Rock. Doors open at 8 PM. More info can be found at this Facebook event.
Local darkwave artist Clusters of Fornication is playing with Turquoise Tiger and Goodbye Ranger at Vino’s, 923 W. 7th St. in Little Rock, on Saturday, July 29th. The show is at 7 PM. Admission is at $10, and the show is all ages. More info can be found at this event page.
Vino’s is at 923 W. 7th Street in Little Rock. A map with directions is below.