Episode 206: 11/20/2022
We began this show with a set of new synthwave, industrial, etc. tracks. The second block was a set loosely themed around gratitude and thankfulness because Thanksgiving is this week. We followed that with a set of post-punk songs. The fourth block was a set of nekro black metal. The fifth set was a block of dungeon synth tracks. Then we wrapped up the show with a mix of shoegaze, experimental, etc.
- Damien Hearse: Pro Life Death Camp (Pro Life Death Camp, 2022, Self-Released)†
- Sinthetik Messiah: Messiah-Assasins That Run On Faith (Assassins That Run On Faith, 2022, Self-Released)
- Derision Cult: Bastards of the World (Glitch Mode Breaks Mix) (Glitch Mode Breaks Mix) (Bastards of the World (Glitch Mode Breaks Mix), 2022, Self-Released/Glitch Mode Recordings)
- Plague Pits: Solid (Poetry From the Future, 2022, Self-Released)
- Cabaret Voltaire: Thank You America (Code, 1987, Parlophone/EMI-Manhattan Records/EMI)
- Alien Sex Fiend: Stuff the Turkey (The Best of Alien Sex Fiend, 2001, Anagram Records/Cleopatra)
- Killing Joke: Gratitude (Hosannas From the Basements of Hell, 2006, Cooking Vinyl/Let Them Eat Vinyl/True North/Edel Records/Selecta)
- Curve: Turkey Crossing (Cuckoo, 1993, Anxious Records)
- Chinese Stars: Thanksgiving Day Massacre (Heaven on Speed Dial, 2009, Anchor Brain/Three One G)
- Agoraphobic Nosebleed: Thanksgiving Day (PCP Torpedo, 1999, Hydra Head Records/Blast Beat)
- The Sound: Winning (From the Lions Mouth, 1981, Korova/WEA/Renascent/1972)
- Frail/Crooked Necks: Bleeding the Sea (Brilliant Darkness, 2008, Rusty Axe Records)
- Hoffen: Calisto (Cold Tears of an Angel, 2018, NOF/Sector Industrial Producciones/Abztrakt Muzak/Young and Cold Records)
- Smurno: Sklo (Sklo, 2021, Self-Released)
- Sad Lovers and Giants: 50:50 (In the Breeze, 1984, Midnight Music/Restless Empire)
- Traitrs: Magdalene (Horses in the Abattoir, 2021, Freakwave)
- Clock DVA: Four Hours (Thirst, 1981, Fetish Records/Expanded Music/Doublevision/Contempo Records/Cargo Records)
- Void Omnia: Remanence of a Ghost Haunt (Dying Light, 2016, Self-Released/Vendetta Records)
- Samael: Celebration of the Fourth (Ceremony of Opposites, 1994, Century Media/Moonfog Productions)
- Blackbraid: The River of Time Flows Through Me (Blackbraid I, 2022, Self-Released/Neuropa Records/Rabauw)
- Sulphuric Night: Moon Lore (Arcane Monoliths of Triumphant Death, 2020, Black Gangrene Productions/Altare Productions)
- Pumpkin Witch: Black Clouds Gather Once More (The Return of the Pumpkin Witch, 2022, Deathbomb Arc)
- Elyvilon: What Broods Under the Deepening Cloudmurk (Drums in the Deepwood, 2022, Dungeons Deep Records)
- Diplodocus: Dinosaurus (Tales From An Ancient Past, 2020, Chimney Rocks! Records)
- Moth Tower: Amongst the Floating Moss (Void Receiver, 2022, Gondolin Records)
- Fovvl Mage: Tryptophan (The Life and Death of the Fovvl Mage: The Complete Recordings, 2021, High Mage Productions)
- Cold Gawd: Gin (God Get Me the Fuck Out of Here, 2021, Self-Released/Dais Records)
- Coil: Higher Beings Command (Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil, 2000, Eskaton/Dais Records)
- Boards of Canada: Hi Scores (Hi Scores, 1996, Skam)
- Zoviet*France: Frost Smoke (Assault and Mirage, 1987, Red Rhino Records/Charm/Vinyl-On-Demand)*
- Low: Pissing (The Great Destroyer, 2005, Sub Pop/Rough Trade)
† Local artist
* Requested track
Update: MixCloud will limit their basic tier users to a maximum of ten published shows, as of December 1st. This means about 90 of our shows are going to disappear next week. We’re investigating alternatives to MixCloud, because we can’t afford MixCloud Pro at this time.
This month’s Friday Night Frights is a screening of Bloody Pit of Horror at The Labyrinth, at 7 PM on Friday, November 25. More info can be found on this Facebook event page.
The NWA Gloom Collective is putting on Funeral Party: An Evening of Dark Dance Music on Saturday, December 3, 2022 at Nomad’s Trailside in Fayetteville. This will have DJ sets by DJ Death Mistress, DJ Gomez, and a guest set by Club Nevermore’s DJ 10.29. More details can be found here.
Nomad’s Trailside is at 1863 North Pluto Drive in Fayetteville, AR. An embedded map with directions is available below.
The next Club Nevermore, Central Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is Saturday, December 10th at The Labyrinth in Little Rock. Consult this Facebook event page for more details.
It’ll be an evening featuring far more than a bakers dozen of tracks by The Cure! Come get your photos with Krampus and drink some hot cocoa with your holiday cookies! Bring a gift valued at $10 or so, and be part of the gift exchange at 11pm with Krampus! Be a Scrooge and don’t bring a gift, you might get a spanking by Krampus! And of course we will also be spinning all your favorite goth and industrial tracks all night with resident DJs 10.29, Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT and Wilhelm!
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street, Little Rock, Arkansas. Here is a map with directions: