Episode 201: 10/9/2022
We started this show with some goth tracks and a couple of songs referencing the moon and lycanthropy, because this show happened on a full moon. DJ 10.29 from Club Nevermore came by to talk about the upcoming event on October 15th. Then we played some darkwave tracks. Then Operator OT and DJ 10.29 chatted about Club Nevermore and flesh hook suspension. We played some deathrock tracks, then we talked a little about horror movies. We played some noise rock tracks, then we followed that with a set of tracks by indigenous North American and Native American black metal artists. We finished the show with a set of shoegaze, experimental, and ambient tracks.
Note: The volume levels may be a bit inconsistent while DJ 10.29 is talking because his audio was a bit weak, so we boosted the volume in post-production editing.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:48]
- Cobra Man: Bad Feeling (Toxic Planet, 2018, Goner Records) [0:06:48 - 0:11:04]
- Vision Video: Cruelty Commodity (Cruelty Commodity, 2022, Self-Released) [0:11:04 - 0:15:06]
- Pseudo Echo: His Eyes (Autumnal Park, 1984, EMI/Almacantar Records/Interpol Records) [0:15:06 - 0:19:40]
- Aesthetic Perfection: Bark at the Moon (Bark at the Moon, 2021, Close to Human Music) [0:19:40 - 0:23:06]
- GBH: Lycanthropy (Leather, Bristles, Studs, and Acne, 1981, Clay Records/Road-Runner Records/Captain Oi!/Cleopatra/Let Them Eat Vinyl) [0:23:06 - 0:25:40]
- Clusters of Fornication: Karmic Law (Consolidation Artifact, 2022, Self-Released) [0:37:15 - 0:42:31]†
- Skull Family: The Doomscroller (The Doomscroller, 2022, Self-Released) [0:42:31 - 0:46:44]†
- Hidden Souls: I Was There… (I Was There, 2022, EchoZone) [0:46:44 - 0:50:59]
- Altar de Fey: Demons (Echoes in the Corridor, 2016, Mass Media Records/Bat-Cave Productions) [1:09:13 - 1:13:40]
- Adrenochrome: Lost City (In Memoriam, 2022, Self-Released/Symphony of Destruction/Chaotic No Good) [1:13:40 - 1:16:19]
- Nervosas: Night Room (Nervosas, 2015, Dirtnap Records) [1:16:19 - 1:19:06]
- Mask For: Stolen Flowers (Mask For, 1986, Yellow Ltd.) [1:19:06 - 1:22:45]
- Devil Master: Her Thirsty Whip (Satan Spits on Children of Light, 2019, Relapse Records) [1:22:45 - 1:26:10]
- Nearly Dead: Death Party (Death Party, 2022, Self-Released) [1:40:03 - 1:43:18]
- Missing Foundation: Burn Trees (1933 Your House is Mine, 1988, Purge/Sound League/Restless Records/Dais Records) [1:43:18 - 1:49:46]
- Butthole Surfers: Human Cannonball (Locust Abortion Technician, 1987, Au Go Go/Blast First/Touch & Go/Latino Bugger Veil) [1:49:46 - 1:53:34]
- Blackbraid: Barefoot Ghost Dance on Bloodsoaked Soil (Blackbraid I, 2022, Self-Released/Neuropa Records) [1:59:29 - 2:05:51]
- Cemican: Guerreros de Cemican (In Ohtli Teoyohtica in Miquitztli, 2019, M-Theory Audio) [2:05:51 - 2:11:37]
- Nechochwen: The Serpent Tradition (The Heart of Akamon, 2015, Nordvis Produktion/Bindrune Recordings) [2:11:37 - 2:18:40]
- Mutilated Tyrant: Under the Cold Dark Moon (Hó’díchíích Dóó’ Sáji’, 2020, Self-Released) [2:18:40 - 2:24:53]
- Cold Gawd: Gin (God Get Me the Fuck Out of Here, 2021, Self-Released/Dais Records) [2:33:24 - 2:38:48]
- Tor Lundvall: October Burning (The Seasons Unfold, 2011, Dais Records) [2:38:48 - 2:40:36]
- Pumpkin Witch: Full Moon in the Mist (Final Strike of the Pumpkin Witch, 2019, Self-Released/Deathbomb Arc) [2:40:36 - 2:47:19]
- Motion Sickness of Time Travel: Ballade For a Hunter’s Moon (Excerpt) (Ballade For a Hunter’s Moon, 2013, Self-Released) [2:47:19 - 2:55:09]
† Local artist
The next edition of Club Nevermore, Arkansas’s monthly goth-industrial event, is on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. This is also Club Nevermore’s Halloween event! This one will have: a costume contest with cash prizes; goth, industrial, etc. sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs and a dark EDM set by guest DJ King Qizzli; plus a flesh hook suspension performance by DJ 10.29 and Elation Suspension Crew. Further information can be found at this Facebook page.
The Labyrinth is at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. A map with directions is available below.
The Violet dance scene from Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning, which uses “His Eyes” by Pseudo Echo.
This month’s Sci-Fi Friday is on Friday, October 14th at The Labyrinth in downtown Little Rock. This month is a screening of Assignment: Outer Space. More information is available on this Facebook event..
This month’s Friday Night Frights is Friday, October 28th at The Labyrinth, 619 South Spring Street. This month’s Friday Night Frights is a screening of Lady Frankenstein. More information is available at this Facebook event page.