Episode 184: 5/8/2022
We started this show with a block of tracks featuring the late Gabe Serbian, and then we played a couple of darkwave tracks by artists that are playing shows in Central Arkansas in the near future. That was followed with a set of industrial and post-punk tracks in honor of Mother’s Day. Then we played a set of stompy EBM tracks. We followed that up with a set of industrialized techno tracks. The midnight block was a set of noise rock, then we curled up with a set of comfy synth tracks at the end of the show.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:09:02]
- The Locust: Gluing Carpet to Your Genitals Does Not Make You a Cantaloupe (Flight of the Wounded Locust, 2001, Gold Standard Laboratories/Dotlinecircle/Erika Records) [0:09:02 - 0:09:49]
- The Locust: The Half-Eaten Sausage Would Like to See You in His Office (Plague Soundscapes, 2003, Anti-) [0:09:49 - 0:10:35]
- The Locust: We Have Reached an Official Verdict: Nobody Gives a Shit (New Erections, 2007, Anti-/Radio Surgery/Sony Music Japan International Inc./Epitaph) [0:10:35 - 0:11:53]
- The Locust: Identity Exchange Program Rectum Return Policy (Plague Soundscapes, 2003, Anti-) [0:11:53 - 0:12:47]
- Cattle Decapitation: Diarrhea of the Mouth (Homovore, 2000, Three One G (31G)) [0:12:47 - 0:13:23]
- Head Wound City: Born to Burn (A New Wave of Violence, 2016, Vice Records) [0:13:23 - 0:15:05]
- Summore: Junktown (Surfaces, 2021, Self-Released) [0:16:43 - 0:20:46]
- Clusters of Fornication: Moscovium Element (Loss For Words, 2021, Self-Released) [0:20:46 - 0:25:19]†
- Monte Cazazza: To Mom On Mother’s Day (To Mom On Mother’s Day, 1979, Industrial Records) [0:29:56 - 0:33:20]]
- Ritual Howls: Mother of the Dead (Rendered Armor, 2019, Felte) [0:33:20] - 0:37:08]
- Asylum Party: Mother (Mère, 1990, Lively Art) [0:37:08 - 0:42:00]
- Download: Mother Sonne (Furnace, 1995, Cleopatra/Sub-Conscious Comnunications/Off-Beat/Metropolis/Artoffact Records) [0:42:00 - 0:46:46]
- Youth Code & King Yosef: A Mother’s Love (A Skeleton Key in the Doors of Depression, 2021, Self-Released) [0:46:46 - 0:50:03]
- HIDE: Mommy (Girl on Girl/Mommy, 2019, Sub Pop Recods) [0:50:03 - 0:53:15]
- Hocico: Odio En El Alma (Odio Bajo El Alma, 1997, Out of Line/Sub/Mission/Opción Sónica) [0:59:42 - 1:05:56]
- Wumpscut: Justin Kohlenklau (For Those About to Starve, 2022, Self-Released/Beton Kopf Media/Metropolis) [1:05:56 - 1:09:40]
- ESA (Electronic Substance Abuse): I Detach (Designer Carnage, 2022, Negative Gain Productions) [1:09:40 - 1:14:50]
- Stoppenberg: Ultimate Power (Ultimate Power, 2018, X-Beats) [1:14:50 - 1:18:45]
- Suicide Commando: Bang Bang Bang (Bang Bang Bang, 2022, Out of Line) [1:18:45 - 1:22:21]
- Xotox: UFO (Gestern, 2020, Infacted Recordings) [1:27:04 - 1:30:33]
- Puritan: Over Sanctuary (Murder 03 Compilation, 2021, Murder Records) [1:30:33 - 1:36:47]
- Confines: Buried Clothes (Work Up the Blood, 2021, Synthicide) [1:36:47 - 1:41:09]
- JK Flesh: The Body is Not Real (Depersonalization, 2020, Hospital Productions) [1:41:09 - 1:47:03]
- Container: Eject (LP, 2015, Spectrum Spools) [1:47:03 - 1:50:13]
- A Deer A Horse: Bitter (Grind, 2022, Bitter Records) [1:54:12 - 1:58:44]
- Gay Witch Abortion: Down With Giants (Maverick, 2009, Learning Curve Records) [1:58:44 - 2:01:23]
- Psychic Graveyard: What Happens At Zero (Psychic Graveyard/USA Nails Split, 2022, Skin Graft Records/Box Records) [2:01:23 - 2:04:27]
- USA Nails: God Help Us If There’s a War (Psychic Graveyard/USA Nails Split, 2022, Skin Graft Records/Box Records) [2:04:27 - 2:07:19]
- Made Out of Babies: Bunny Boots (The Ruiner, 2008, The End Records/Magic Bullet Records) [2:07:19 - 2:11:31]
- Butthole Surfers: Human Cannonball (Locust Abortion Technician, 1987, Touch & Go Records/Au Go Go/Blast First/Latino Bugger Veil) [2:11:31 - 2:15:17]
- Childhood Memories: Nightmares at Bedtime (Childhood Memories (2020 Remastered), 2020, Self-Released) [2:20:19 - 2:23:16]*
- Friendly Donut Shop: Warm Hearts Never Get Cold (Childish Footprints, 2021, Self-Released) [2:23:16 - 2:29:17]*
- Grandma’s Cottage: Photographs (Memory Box, 2020, Self-Released/Dungeons Deep Records) [2:29:17 - 2:31:07]*
- Opa Motek: Chess in the Cigarette Room (Memories of a Time Long Gone, 2021, Frost Root Records) [2:31:07 - 2:34:24]*
- Ernest Owl: Nine O’Clock Start (Starts a School, 2020, Self-Released) [2:34:24 - 2:36:20]*
- Mushtoons: Practicing Our Little Mush-Tunes (Between the Moss and the Sky, 2022, Self-Released)[2:36:20 - 2:38:57]*
- Aleksis Tristan Shaw: Cat Nap (Zara Amaris, 2021, Self-Released) [2:38:57 - 2:42:11]
† Local artist
* Requested track
This month’s Club Nevermore is “Into the Woods: An Evening of Dark Fantasy and Attire and Spooky Music”. It will be at Area 51, located at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood. This will have sets by Nevermore’s residents DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Wilhelm, and Operator OT.
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs directing drivers to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions.
We recommend consulting IDriveArkansas.com for road conditions, especially if you plan to drive on I-30, which is a total mess to drive on at the moment.
The Fayetteville band Modeling is doing a stream to commemerate the release of their debut album Somewhere Before, on Sunday, May 15th. More info and a link to watch can be found at this Facebook page.
Little Rock’s Illusionaut is playing a show and doing a music video shoot at The Eyelid Theater, at 616 Center Street in Little Rock, on Friday, May 20th. You can find further info and a link to buy tickets at this Facebook event page..
Fayetteville’s Modeling is playing a show with Frailstate and The Streakers at Vino’s in Little Rock on Friday, May 20. Info and a link to buy tickets can be found here.
The legendary Belgian industrial band Suicide Commando is coming to Club Nevermore! Club Nevermore and Bragi Events are bringing Suicide Commando to Area 51, at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, on Monday, July 4, 2022. Further info can be found here. Tickets are now on sale at EventBrite.