Episode 183: 5/1/2022
We began this show with a set of new goth, post-punk, and industrial tracks. Then we played a mix of industrial, post-punk, goth, and darkwave tracks that I played at Club Nevermore’s Cenotaph on April 30, 2022. Then we wrapped up the show with a set of shoegaze tracks.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:07:13]
- Nyx Division: Orchid Rain (Dark Star, 2022, Play Alone Records/Self-Released) [0:07:13 - 0:11:22]
- Scary Black: Tragedy (Tragedy, 2022, Self-Released) [0:11:22 - 0:15:00]
- Sextile: Contortion (Modern Weekend/Contortion, 2022, Felte Records) [0:15:00 - 0:18:08]
- VR Sex: Victim or Vixen (Rough Dimension, 2022, Dais Records) [0:18:08 - 0:22:07]
- Suicide Commando: Bang Bang Bang (Bang Bang Bang, 2022, Out of Line) [0:22:07 - 0:25:41]
- Rosetta Stone: The Witch (Adrenaline, 1993, Cleopatra) [0:33:37 - 0:36:33]
- Icy Men: Polupustyye Avtobusy (Uninhabited Buses) (Low Light, 2020, Cold Transmission) [0:36:33 - 0:40:27]
- Boy Harsher: Come Closer (Careful, 2019, Nude Club Records/City Slang) [0:40:27 - 0:45:02]*
- Damien Hearse: Violence is Your Destiny (Suicide Machine, 2022, Self-Released) [0:45:02 - 0:48:23]†
- Nuovo Testamento: The Searcher (New Earth, 2021, Avant!/Funeral Party Records) [0:48:23 - 0:52:15]
- Panic Priest: AngelSteal (AngelSteal, 2021, Negative Gain Productions) [0:52:15 - 0:55:47]
- Molchat Doma: Sudno (Boris Rizhiy) (Etazhi, 2018, Detriti Records/Sacred Bones Records) [1:05:37 - 1:07:55]
- Vision Video: Organized Murder (Inked in Red, 2021, Icy Cold Records/Self-Released) [1:07:55 - 1:11:58]*
- Male Tears: Cry… Forever (Trauma Club, 2021, Starfield Music) [1:11:58 - 1:18:04]*
- Dance With the Dead: Waves (Near Dark, 2014, Self-Released/Neuropa Records) [1:18:04 - 1:22:31]
- Killing Joke: Darkness Before Dawn (Night Time, 1985, EG/Polydor/Let Them Eat Vinyl/Caroline International) [1:22:31 - 1:27:46]
- Terminal Gods: Electric Eyes (Electric Eyes, 2012, Heavy Leather Sex) [1:27:46 - 1:31:29]
- Light Asylum: Dark Allies (In Tension E.P., 2011, Self-Released/Mexican Summer) [1:36:40 - 1:42:39]
- Aesthetic Perfection: Living the Wasted Life (A Violent Emotion, 2008, Bractune Records/Out of Line/Gravitator Records/Deathwatch Asia) [1:42:39 - 1:47:37]
- Death Loves Veronica: I Came Here For You (Lucid Dreams, 2020, Swiss Dark Nights) [1:47:37 - 1:52:11]*
- Chrome Corpse: Remembering Your Words (Helmet Mounted Display, 2020, Vertex Records/Razgrom Music) [1:52:11 - 1:56:18]
- Matt Hart: To the Core (Below the Terra (Part 1), 2022, Self-Released) [1:56:18 - 2:00:00]
- Cyberthing!: The Darktronic (Extermination, 2019, Self-Released) [2:03:54 - 2:08:34]
- Zwaremachine: International Hero (Conquest 3000, 2021, Phage Tapes) [2:08:34 - 2:13:16]
- Kanga: Violence (You and I Will Never Die, 2021, Artoffact Records) [2:13:16 - 2:17:08]*
- Destryur: Cannibal Girls (Panic!, 2019, Midnight Beach Records) [2:17:08 - 2:22:59]
- Carpenter Brut & Yann Ligner: Maniac (Maniac, 2020, No Quarter) [2:22:59 - 2:26:34]
- Nothing: In Blueberry Memories (The Great Dismal, 2020, Relapse Records) [2:32:36 - 2:37:53]
- Hum: Step Into You (Inlet, 2020, Earth Analog Records) [2:37:53 - 2:41:52]
- My Bloody Valentine: Only Tomorrow (m b v, 2013, MBV Records/Monumento Cassettes/Domino/Beat Records) [2:41:52 - 2:48:09]
- Astrobrite: Lollipop (Pinkshinyultrablast, 2005, Wavetone/Vinyl Junkie Recordings/Self-Released) [2:48:09 - 2:52:47]
- Flying Saucer Attack: Make Me Dream (Flying Saucer Attack, 1993, FSA Records/VHF Records/Domino Recording Co.) [2:52:47 - 2:57:10]
† Local artist
* Requested track
Heavy Hits and The Breakaway Project presents a benefit for InTRANSitive Arkansas, With Turqouise Tiger at The Labyrinth in Little Rock on Friday, May 6. This is a benefit for InTRANSitive Arkansas, which provides aid to trans persons in the state of Arkansas.
This month’s Club Nevermore is “Into the Woods: An Evening of Dark Fantasy and Attire and Spooky Music”. It will be at Area 51, located at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood. This will have sets by Nevermore’s residents DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, DJ Wilhelm, and Operator OT.
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions.
We recommend consulting IDriveArkansas.com for road conditions, especially if you plan to drive on I-30, which is a total mess to drive on at the moment!
The legendary Belgian industrial band Suicide Commando is coming to Club Nevermore! Club Nevermore and Bragi Events are bringing Suicide Commando to Area 51, at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, on Monday, July 4, 2022. Further info can be found here. Tickets are now on sale at EventBrite.