Episode 174: 2/13/2022
We began this show with a set of new and recently-released industrial and post-punk tracks. The two blocks after that were a mix of goth, post-punk, and darkwave. The fourth and fifth blocks were a mix of industrial, EBM, and synthpop tracks. Then we closed the show with a set of shoegaze tracks.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:08:01]
- Author & Punisher: Blacksmith (Krüller, 2022, Relapse Records) [0:08:01 - 0:12:51]
- Secret Shame: Hide (Hide, 2022, Self-Released) [0:12:51 - 0:16:28]
- Nyx Division: Orchid Rain (Orchid Rain, 2022, Self-Released) [0:16:28 - 0:20:35]
- Disorentations: Watching You Go (Memory Lanes, 2022, PIAS Records) [0:20:35 - 0:23:58]
- Börn: Vonin Er Drepin (Drottningar Dauðans, 2022, Iron Lung Records) [0:23:58 - 0:25:58]
- Siouxsie & The Banshees: Kiss Them For Me (Superstition, 1991, Polydor/Geffen) [0:33:04 - 0:37:36]
- Depeche Mode: Master and Servant (Catching Up With Depeche Mode, 1985, Mute/Sire) [0:37:36 - 0:41:21]
- Black Rose Burning: Ever Fallen in Love (The Wheel, 2021, Self-Released) [0:41:21 - 0:44:46]
- Echo & The Bunnymen: The Back of Love (Porcupine, 1983, Korova/Sire/WEA/1972) [0:44:46 - 0:47:56]
- Kill Shelter & AntiPole: A Kiss in the Rain (A Haunted Place, 2021, Manic Depression) [0:47:56 - 0:53:09]
- Sisters of Mercy: Walk Away (First and Last and Always, 1985, Merciful Release/Elektra/WEA/EastWest) [0:53:09 - 0:56:31]
- Red Lorry Yellow Lorry: Hand On Heart (Talk About the Weather, 1985, Red Rhino Records/Anagram Records/Radiation Reissues) [1:00:54 - 1:04:35]
- The Cure: The Exploding Boy (Join the Dots, 2004, Rhino Records/Fiction Records) [1:04:35 - 1:07:25]
- The Cult: She Sells Sanctuary (Love, 1985, Sire/Beggars Banquet) [1:07:25 - 1:11:34]
- Panic Priest: Lonely City (Second Seduction, 2020, Negative Gain Productions) [1:11:34 - 1:15:27]
- Twin Tribes: Perdidos (Ceremony, 2019, Young and Cold Records/Negative Gain Productions/Manic Depression) [1:15:27 - 1:19:16]
- Rosegarden Funeral Party: Martyr (Martyr, 2019, Self-Released) [1:19:16 - 1:23:34]
- Apoptygma Berzerk: Love Never Dies - Part 1 (7, 1996, Tatra/Metropolis/Hard:Drive/Black Rain/Hammerheart Records/Artoffact Records) [1:28:12 - 1:33:36]
- The Klinik: Memories (The Klinik 84-91, 2014, Out of Line) [1:33:36 - 1:38:33]
- God Module: The Ones We Love (Psychic Surgery: The Victims Among Friends and Perception, 2013, Metropolis) [1:38:33 - 1:43:09]
- Assemblage 23: Love My Way (Early, Rare, and Unreleased: Volume Two, 2009, 23db Records/Self-Released) [1:43:09 - 1:48:50]
- Boy Harsher: Fate (Careful, 2019, Nude Club Records) [1:48:50 - 1:53:07]
- Leather Strip: Tainted Love (Æppreciation II, 2017, Cleopatra) [1:56:54 - 2:00:18]
- Buzz Kull: We Were Lovers (Chroma, 2017, Burning Rose/Self-Released) [2:00:18- 2:03:29]
- SynthAttack: One Love, One Pain (Club Takeover, 2016, darkTunes Music Group) [2:03:29 - 2:07:53]
- I Ya Toyah: Pray - Stabbing Westward Remix (Pray (Stabbing Westward Remix), 2021, Self-Released) [2:07:53 - 2:12:43]
- Controlled Bleeding/Joined at the Head: In Penetration (Buried Blessings (1988-90), 1993, Cleopatra) [2:12:43 - 2:16:13]
- Big Black: L Dopa (Songs About Fucking, 1987, Touch & Go/Au Go Go/Blast First) [2:16:13 - 2:17:51]
- Coaltar of the Deepers: My Speedy Sarah (The Breastroke: The Best of Coaltar of the Deepers, 1998, ZK Records/Music Mine) [2:23:43 - 2:28:59]
- The Veldt: CCCP (Marigolds, 1992, Stardog Records/Mammoth Records) [2:28:59 - 2:32:21]
- The Veldt: Until You’re Forever (Afrodisiac, 1993, Mercury) [2:32:21 - 2:37:36]
- Forest Circles: Poison Leaves (Poison Leaves, 2022, Self-Released) [2:37:36 - 2:42:10]
- Anilore: Black Halo (Still Awake, 1996, Dismal/Abysmal Recordings/Self-Released) [2:42:10 - 2:46:13]
The next Club Nevermore is coming up on March 12, 2022. This will have goth-industrial, darkwave, post-punk, etc. sets by Club Nevermore’s resident DJs, plus a live show by The Pop Ritual from Memphis. There is a $10 cover charge; doors open at 8 PM. Further info can be found on this Facebook post.
Big news: the legendary Belgian industrial artist Suicide Commando is coming to Club Nevermore on July 4, 2022 at Area 51 in Sherwood. Tickets go on sale on March 1, 2022. Details and a link to get tickets are at this link.
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs directing drivers to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions.