Episode 178: 3/27/2022
This show began with a set of new post-punk, darkwave, etc. tracks. We followed that with a set of industrial, noisy and industrialized techno. The third block was a set of industrial and EBM tracks with an obvious theme. The fourth block was a set of noisy and experimental tracks. The fifth block was a set of German kosmische and experimental tracks selected by our friend Jason in South Carolina, and we put the show to bed with a set of comfy synth tracks.
- Bauhaus: Drink the New Wine (Drink the New Wine, 2022, Bauhaus Music)
- Skull Family: The Doomscroller (The Doomscroller, 2022, Self-Released)†
- Fossils of Ancient Robots: Give it a Shot (Give it a Shot, 2022, Self-Released)†
- Paradox Obscur: Animal Reactor (Animal Reactor, 2022, Metropolis)
- STRNGR & Destryur: Strangulator (Gost Remix) (Strangulator – Gost Remix, 2022, NewRetroWave)
- Testube: Backwater (Backwater, 2022, Self-Released)†
- Panacea: Fibre Optix (Beyond the Boundaries, 2019, Sonic Groove)
- Container: Ventilator (Scramblers, 2020, Alter)
- Winterkälte: Ban Depleted Uranium Weapons (Poison Dust) (Disturbance, 2004, Hands Productions)
- Plague Called Humanity: Killer (Killer, 2022, Self-Released)
- L.O.T.I.O.N.: War Games (Alphabrain/War Games, 2020, Sub Pop)
- Sarin: Nuke Me (Kuleshov Effect, 2018, Bite)
- :Wumpscut:: War (Innerfire, 2017, Beton Kopf Media/Metropolis)
- Lard: War Pimp Renaissance (Pure Chewing Satisfaction, 1997, Alternative Tentacles/Maximum Underground/Toy’s Factory)
- Apoptygma Berzerk: Electronic Warfare (Full Speed Ahead Version) (Soli Deo Gloria (Deluxe Bonus Track Edition), 1993, Tatra/Art Music Group/Metropolis/Hard:Drive, 2006Records/Black Rain/Artoffact Records/Pitch Black Drive)
- Support Unit: Stategy of Tension (Excerpt) (Stategy of Tension, 2015, Black Ring Rituals Records)
- Controlled Death: DeathSynthBox1A (Excerpt) (Death Synth Box, 2022, Urashima)
- Maurizio Bianchi: Mörder Unter Uns (Excerpt) (Neuro Habitat, 1982, Mectypo Sounds/Ees’T Records/Urashima/Rotorelief)
- Faust: I Don’t Buy Your Shit No More (Faust is Last, 2010, Klangbad/Type Holics)*
- Riechmann: Wunderbar (Wunderbar, 1978, Sky Records/Bureau B)*
- Günter Schickert: Wohin (Nachtfalter, 2019, Bureau B)*
- Moebius-Plank-Neumeier: All Repro (Zero Set, 1983, Sky Records/Gyroscope/Platz)*
- La Düsseldorf: Silver Cloud (La Düsseldorf, 1976, Nova/Decca/Telefunken/Captain Trip/4 Men With Beards/Water)*
- Tom Fazzini: Cradle Song (Neck to Neck, 1984, A-Mission Records/Locust Music)
- Grandma’s Cottage: Snow Angels (Precious Moments, 2021, Self-Released)
- Hermit Knight: It’s Time to Rest My Friend (The Rainbow Bridge is Calling) (It’s Time to Rest My Friend (The Rainbow Bridge is Calling), 2022, Self-Released)
- Snowy Hill: A New (Snowy) Day (My House, 2020, Self-Released/Phantom Lure)
- Happy Moon: Lazy Night I (Moon’s Day, 2021, WereGnome Records/Self-Released)
- Aleksis Tristan Shaw: Cat Nap (Zara Amaris, 2021, Self-Released)
- Friendly Donut Shop: 3AM (Everything at Peace) (Autumn Assortment, 2020, Phantom Lure/Self-Released)
† Local artist
* Requested track
The next Club Nevermore has been announced! It’s on Saturday, April 9, 2022 at Area 51 in Sherwood. From the page: “It’s our 3-year anniversary! You gotta be tough to make it this far, so join us in our lil’ oasis with a few drinks, some dancing, and maybe some mayhem. Dress for the road or be left in the cold! (Costumes Enforced).” More info can be found here.
I (Operator OT) don’t necessarily condone taking the directions to Area 51 that Google provides—Google’s directions might get you stuck in an alley without an easy way out. This is what I advise…
For those travelling from Little Rock, take I-30 north to I-40 East, then turn onto Highway 67/167 North. Take Exit 4, Brockington Road. Get in the left lane and go north till you reach the traffic light at Brookswood Road. Turn left and go south for two blocks to Warden Road, which is a one-way road (and the access road for Highway 67/167 South). Turn right onto Warden Road and go south for about half a mile. Area 51 will be in the strip mall on the right, between a car dealership and a Waffle House. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis Bar, which does the admissions for Area 51.
For those travelling from North Little Rock, get on JFK Boulevard and go north till you reach East Kiehl Avenue. Turn right and go east, following the signs directing drivers to Highway 67/167 South, which will turn right onto Warden Road.
Or use the embedded Google Map below to find directions.
Nevermore has introduced a new night called Cenotaph! Cenotaph is happening on the fourth Saturdays of the month at a new club in downtown Little Rock called The Labyrinth. This will focus on newer post-punk, goth, darkwave, synthwave, etc. tracks along with some classics. This one’s for baby bats and elder goths alike. This one’s ages 18 and up. Door is $15 for ages 18 and up; $10 for ages 21 and up. Details can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
The Labyrinth is located at 619 South Spring Street in downtown Little Rock. Use the map below to get directions…
The legendary Belgian industrial band Suicide Commando is coming to Club Nevermore! Club Nevermore and Bragi Events are bringing Suicide Commando to Area 51, at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, on Monday, July 4, 2022. Further info can be found here. Tickets are now on sale at EventBrite.