Episode 163: 10/31/2021
We began our 2021 Halloween show—which was live on Halloween night!—with a set of horror movie themes and tracks inspired by horor movies. The following four blocks was a mix of fun spooky darkwave, goth, post-punk, synthwave, etc. tracks that were taken from my DJ sets at October’s Club Nevermore event. Then we closed the show with a set Halloweeny tracks.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:06:00]
- Fabio Frizzi: Zombi Opening Theme (Zombi 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters, 1989, Center Music S.p.A/Blackest Heart Media/Death Waltz Recording Company/Mond/Blue Underground) [0:06:00 - 0:10:19]
- Ken Higgins & Jim Calabrese: Spookies Opening Credit Theme (Spookies, 2016, Terror Vision) [0:10:19 - 0:13:45]
- Thee Indoors: VHS (Old//Older Demo 2011, 2012, Self-Released) [0:13:45 - 0:16:11]
- ADD/C: Anything Can Happen On Halloween (Live at Sluggo’s, Pensacola, Florida - 10/31/2010) (Nam June Psyche The Archive: Volume III, 2010, Nam June Psyche Archive) [0:16:11 - 0:17:28]
- Goblin: Suspiria Theme (Suspiria, 1977, Cinevax/Odeon/AMS) [0:17:28 - 0:23:21]
- Screaming Dead: Twentieth Century Vampire (Bring Out Yer Dead, 1993, Angel Records/Bomb-All Records/Bomb-All Reissues) [0:29:03 - 0:34:17]
- Bauhaus: In the Flat Field (In the Flat Field, 1980, 4AD/Beggars Banquet) [0:34:17 - 0:38:42]
- 45 Grave: Party Time (Sleep in Safety, 1983, Restless Records/Enigma/Real Gone Music) [0:38:42 - 0:41:57]
- Alien Sex Fiend: Now I’m Feeling Zombiefied (The Best of Alien Sex Fiend, 2001, Anagram Records/Cleopatra) [0:41:57 - 0:47:02]
- The Bollock Brothers: Drac’s Back (Drac’s Back, 1986, Charly Records) [0:47:02 - 0:51:18]
- Sisters of Mercy: Alice (Some Girls Wander by Mistake, 1992, EastWest/Merciful Release) [0:55:52 - 0:59:22]
- Pseudo Echo: His Eyes (Autumnal Park, 1984, EMI/Almacantar Records/Interpol Records) [0:59:22 - 1:03:36]
- TSOL: Darker, My Love (Suburbia (Original Soundtrack Recording), 1984, Engima/Restless Records) [1:03:36 - 1:07:04]
- Neva: Louchald (Fausse Conscience, 1989, Self-Released/Darkside) [1:07:04 - 1:10:08]
- Parchment Prayer: The Clock (Parchment Prayer Demo 1985, 1985, Self-Released) [1:10:08 - 1:13:36]
- Steve Parsons & Babel: Howling (Howling II, 1985, Up Art/Filmtrax) [1:13:36 - 1:17:04]
- Christian Death: Spiritual Cramp (Only Theatre of Pain, 1982, Frontier Records/L’Invitation Au Suicide/Future Records/Normal/Epitaph) [1:17:04 - 1:20:00]
- STRNGR & Destryur: Corpse Boogie (Night at the Grindhouse, 2020, NewRetroWave) [1:24:17 - 1:27:39]
- Power Glove: Adult Themes (Playback, 2019, Self-Released/Electronic Purification Records/Playmaker) [1:27:39 - 1:31:37]
- The Birthday Party: Release the Bats (Junkyard, 1982, Missing Link/GeeBeeDee/Expanded Music/4AD/Propeller/Festival Records/Statik Records) [1:31:37 - 1:34:05]
- Horrorpops: Walk Like a Zombie (Bring it On!, 2005, Hellcat Records) [1:34:05 - 1:38:03]
- Rosetta Stone: The Witch (12" Extended Version) (Adrenaline, 1993, Cleopatra Records) [1:38:03 - 1:42:36]
- Nervosas: Night Room (Nervosas, 2015, Dirtnap Records) [1:42:36 - 1:45:23]
- Concrete Blonde: Bloodletting (The Vampire Song) (Bloodletting, 1990, I.R.S. Records/Shout Factory) [1:49:54 - 1:55:53]
- Brotherhood of Pagans: Halloween (Tales of Vampires, 1995, Darkland of Tears) [1:55:53 - 2:00:00]
- Terminal Gods: Electric Eyes (Electric Eyes, 2011, Heavy Leather Sex) [2:00:00 - 2:03:50]
- Sator Codex: Howling (Wanna Start a Fire?, 1986, Radium 266.05/Ediesta Records) [2:03:50 - 2:08:18]
- The Damned: Nasty (Punk Oddities and Rare Tracks 1977-1982, 2014, Cleopatra/Let Them Eat Vinyl/4World Media Ltd.) [2:08:18 - 2:11:06]
- The Creepshow/Hellcat & The Prowl: Halloween (Halloween, 2005-2010?, Unofficial Release) [2:11:06 - 2:13:23]
- Pagan Altar: Samhein (Mythical and Magical, 2006, Oracle Records Ltd./The Miskatonic Foundation/Cruz Del Sur Music/Shadow Kingdom Records/Buried By Time and Dust Records/Temple of Mystery Records) [2:18:05 - 2:23:32]
- The Vibrators: Frankenstein Stomp (Fifth Amendment, 1985, Ram Records/Repertoire Records/Kampa) [2:23:02 - 2:26:12]
- Faderhead: Halloween Spooky Queens (v2021) (Halloween Spooky Queens (v2021), 2021, Not a Robot Records) [2:26:12 - 2:30:29]
- Aesthetic Perfection: Pet Semetary (Pet Semetary, 2020, Close to Human Music) [2:30:29 - 2:33:53]
- Siouxsie & The Banshees: Halloween (Juju, 1981, Polydor/PVC Records) [2:33:53 - 2:37:20]
- GBH: Lycanthropy (Leather, Bristles, Studs, and Acne, 1981, Clay Records/Combat/Captain Oi!/Cleopatra/Let Them Eat Vinyl) [2:37:20 - 2:39:53]
- Corpus Delicti: Circle (Sylphes, 1994, Glasnost Records/Hip Import/D-Monic/Cleopatra) [2:39:53 - 2:42:34]—
The next Club Nevermore event is coming up on Saturday, November 13, 2021. This will have Club Nevermore resident DJs DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm spinning goth and inudstrial, plus there will be a live performance by Unitcode:Machine from Dallas. Cover charge is $15. Doors open at 8 PM. Ages 21+ only.
Note: proof of covid19 vaccination or a 48-hour negative covid test is required for entry. We recommend taking a picture of your vaccination card and putting it on your phone.
Area 51 is at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, which is about 10-15 minutes out of Little Rock. We advise against taking the directions Google Maps gives because you may get stuck in the alley between Area 51 and Waffle House with no way to get through if somebody is blocking it with their car.
If going to Area 51 from Little Rock we recommend taking I-30 North to I-40 East. (If you’re going there from Conway or points west of Little Rock then simply take I-40 East towards Little Rock, Memphis, etc.) Get into one of the left lanes and take Exit 155 for 67/167 North towards Jacksonville and the Little Rock Air Force Base. Go north, then take Exit 4 for Brockington/Brookswood Road. Go down to the light, then turn left. Go two blocks till you reach Warden Road, then go south for about three-quarters of a mile. Area 51 is in a strip mall between a car dealership and a Waffle House on the right hand side of the road. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis, the bar next door.
Ones traveling from North Little Rock can get on JFK Boulevard and go north till reaching East Kiehl Avenue. Travel east on East Kiehl Avenue, following signs for Highway 67/167 South, which leads to Warden Road. Go south on Warden Road for about a mile; Area 51 will be on the right.
Or use the Google Map below for directions…