Episode 162: 10/24/2021
This episode was our yearly dark ambient and dark atmospheric soundscape special. We began with a set of tracks by the late Andrea Meyer Haugen (AKA, Nebelhexe). Then we began our descent into the underworld of dark ambient. That was followed with a set themed around empty spaces and abandoned places. Then we played dark ambient tracks inspired by the vastness of outer space. We went into a set of morbid ambient and death industrial at midnight, and finished the show with a set inspired by sleep.
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 09:09:00]
- Aghast Manor: Penetrate (Penetrate, 2013, Infinite Fog Productions) [0:09:00 - 0:14:07]
- Hagalaz’ Runedance: Frigga’s Web (Frigga’s Web, 2002, Hammerheart Records/Candlelight Records USA/Karmageddon Media/Fono) [0:14:07 - 0:18:40]
- Aghast: Enter the Hall of Ice (Hexerei Im Zwielicht Der Finsternis, 1995, Cold Meat Industry/Morbid Noizz Productions/Eternal Pride Productions/Ordo MCM) [0:18:40 - 0:23:34]
- Olhon: Descent (Sinkhole, 2006, Eibon Records) [0:27:22 - 0:30:17]
- Mount Shrine & Alphaxone: Beyond the Gates (Dream Chambers, 2020, Cryo Chamber) [0:30:17 - 0:37:06]
- Edge of October: Ghost Signals I: Transmissions From a Ruined City (The Death of Days, 2010, Dark Winter) [0:37:06 - 0:43:01]
- Triangular Ascension: The Throne of Water (Leviathan Device, 2011, Cyclic Law) [0:43:01 - 0:51:28]
- Raison D’Être: In Abandoned Places (Requiem For Abandoned Souls, 2003, Cold Meat Industry) [0:54:48 - 1:03:53]
- Inade: Abandoned Inferno (The Incarnation of Solar Architects, 2009, Loki Foundation) [1:03:53 - 1:09:11]
- Ugasanie: Abandoned Base (Eye of Tunguska, 2015, Cryo Chamber) [1:09:11 - 1:14:10]
- Uzbazur: Diary of an Abandoned Place (No Trespassing, 2018, Self-Released) [1:14:10 - 1:19:04]
- Silent Universe: In Cosmic Microwave Background (The Infinity Coordinates, 2017, Cryo Chamber) [1:22:38 - 1:38:27]
- _Algol_: Last Minutes of a Dying Star (Follow the Cepheid Light, 2008, Nulll Records) [1:38:27 - 1:47:27]
- Schloss Tegal: Immunde Spiritus (The Soul Extinguished, 1991, Tegal Records) [1:50:36 - 1:55:33]
- Brighter Death Now: Willful (Necrose Evangelicum, 1995, Cold Meat Industry) [1:55:33 - 2:02:00]
- N.: Necrosis Soul (Exhausted, 2021, Deathbed Tapes) [2:02:00 - 2:05:46]
- Himukalt: Sehr Empfindlich (Dreaming of a Dead Girl, 2021, Tesco Organisation) [2:05:46 - 2:13:22]
- Controlled Death: Devil’s Sacrifice I (Controlled Death/Mayuko Hino Split, 2021, Cold spring) [2:13:22 - 2:17:31]
- God Body Disconnect: Sleeper’s Fate (Sleeper’s Fate, 2017, Cryo Chamber) [2:21:17 - 2:27:47]
- Atrium Carceri & Cities Last Broadcast: A Glass of Sleep For an Elegant Dream (Black Stage of Night, 2019, Cryo Chamber) [2:27:47 - 2:30:49]
- Kammarheit: Before it Was Known As Sleep (Thronal, 2020, Cyclic Law) [2:30:49 - 2:36:25]
The next Club Nevermore event is coming up on Saturday, November 13, 2021. This will have Club Nevermore resident DJs DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm spinning goth and inudstrial, plus there will be a live performance by Unitcode:Machine from Dallas. Cover charge is $15. Doors open at 8 PM. Ages 21+ only.
Note: proof of covid19 vaccination or a 48-hour negative covid test is required for entry. We recommend taking a picture of your vaccination card and putting it on your phone.
Area 51 is at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, which is about 10-15 minutes out of Little Rock. We advise against taking the directions Google Maps gives because you may get stuck in the alley between Area 51 and Waffle House with no way to get through if somebody is blocking it with their car.
If going to Area 51 from Little Rock we recommend taking I-30 North to I-40 East. (If you’re going there from Conway or points west of Little Rock then simply take I-40 East towards Little Rock, Memphis, etc.) Get into one of the left lanes and take Exit 155 for 67/167 North towards Jacksonville and the Little Rock Air Force Base. Go north, then take Exit 4 for Brockington/Brookswood Road. Go down to the light, then turn left. Go two blocks till you reach Warden Road, then go south for about three-quarters of a mile. Area 51 is in a strip mall between a car dealership and a Waffle House on the right hand side of the road. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis, the bar next door.
Ones traveling from North Little Rock can get on JFK Boulevard and go north till reaching East Kiehl Avenue. Travel east on East Kiehl Avenue, following signs for Highway 67/167 South, which leads to Warden Road. Go south on Warden Road for about a mile; Area 51 will be on the right.
Or use the Google Map below for directions…