Episode 161: 10/17/2021
We started this episode with a block of hot new darkwave, post-punk, and synthpop tracks. We followed that up with a mix of recent and new post-punk and darkwave tracks. Things ground to a halt and we went into a spooky lo-fi, surrealistic, and haunted-sounding direction for the rest of the show. We played a set of no-wave and experimental in the third block. Our fourth block was a set of eerie-sounding noise. The midnight block began with a haunted track and we went into a surrealistic avante-garde direction. Then we finished the show with a set of warbly astral sounds from inner ambient space.
- Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:07:00]
- Scary Black: American Gothic (American Gothic, 2021, Self-Released) [0:07:00 - 0:11:12]
- Actors: Strangers (Acts of Worship, 2021, Artoffact Records) [0:11:12 - 0:14:50]
- Traitrs: Mouth Poisons (Mouth Poisons, 2021, Freakwave Records) [0:14:50 - 0:17:48]
- Klypi: You See Me (Consensual Hits, 2021, Popnihil) [0:17:48 - 0:21:32]
- Odonis Odonis: A Body (Spectrums, 2021, Felte) [0:21:32 - 0:25:32]
- NNHMN: Scars (Scars, 2021, K-Dreams Records) [0:31:54 - 0:36:55]
- Hapax: Silvery Track (Silvery Track, 2021, Swiss Dark Knights) [0:36:55 - 0:41:15]
- Skull Family: Void (Sphone 2020, Self-Released) [0:41:15 - 0:45:14]
- Panic Priest: AngelSteal (AngelSteal, 2021, Negative Gain Productions) [0:45:14 - 0:48:46]
- Les Longs Adieux: Goodbye (Goodbye, 2020, Agoge Records) [0:48:46 - 0:52:48]
- Sonic Youth: Protect Me You (Confusion is Sex, 1983, Neutral/Zensor/SST/Blast First) [0:58:36 - 1:04:02]
- Five Starcle Men: Yellow Frog Legs (Gomba Reject Ward Japan, 2007, Lost Frog Productions) [1:04:02 - 1:06:01]
- Jandek: What Can I Say, What Can I Sing? (Ready For the House, 1978, Corwood Industries) [1:06:01 - 1:10:41]
- Current 93: Salt (LAShTAL, 1984, L.A.Y.L.A.H. Antirecords) [1:10:41 - 1:14:25]
- Het Zweet: Vacuum Voice (Katakombe Volume Five Compilation, 1985, Industria Tepa) [1:14:25 - 1:18:24]
- The Caretaker: An Empty Bliss Beyond This World (Everywhere At the End of Time: Stage 3, 2017, History Always Favours the Winners) [1:18:24 - 1:21:58]
- Aaron Dilloway: Untitled Track From Underground Series Volume 3 (Underground Series Volume 3 Compilation, 2006, Hanson Records) [1:27:07 - 1:31:56]
- Illusion of Safety: Mother (Ecstatic Crisis, 1986, Complacency Records) [1:31:56 - 1:37:03]
- Redrot: Untitled (Underground Series Volume 3 Compilation, 2006, Hanson Records) [1:37:03 - 1:42:01]
- Sacher-Pelz: Satan Slaves (Cease to Exist, 1979, Marquis Tapes/Urashima/Meditation Records) [1:42:01 - 1:46:30]
- Maurizio Bianchi [MB]: The Plain Truth (Excerpt) (The Plain Truth, 1983, Broken Flag/Ees’T Records/Officina Fonografica Italiana/Hot Releases) [1:46:30 - 1:49:48]
- Jane & Barton: It’s a Fine Day (Jane and Barton, 1983, Cherry Red Records) [1:53:57 - 1:56:41]
- Teiji Ito: Meshes of the Afternoon (Meshes, 1997, ¿What Next? Recordings) [1:56:41 - 2:10:07]
- Sofia Gubaidulina: Vivente-Non Vivente (Muzykal’noye Prinosheniye Compilation, 1990, Melodiya/Modern Silence) [2:10:07 - 2:20:48]
- Michael Saunders: Dust (Dust/Dye, 2013, Blue Poles Recordings) [2:28:00 - 2:40:40]
- Schoss Tegal: We Just Got Tired (Oranur III: “The Third Report”, 1995, Artware Productions/Tegal Records/Cold Spring) [2:40:40 - 2:48:01]
The next Club Nevermore event is coming up on Saturday, November 13, 2021. This will have Club Nevermore resident DJs DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm spinning goth and inudstrial, plus there will be a live performance by Unitcode:Machine from Dallas. Cover charge is $15. Doors open at 8 PM. Ages 21+ only.
Note: proof of covid19 vaccination or a 48-hour negative covid test is required for entry. We recommend taking a picture of your vaccination card and putting it on your phone.
Area 51 is at 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood, which is about 10-15 minutes out of Little Rock. We advise against taking the directions Google Maps gives because you may get stuck in the alley between Area 51 and Waffle House with no way to get through if somebody is blocking it with their car.
If going to Area 51 from Little Rock we recommend taking I-30 North to I-40 East. (If you’re going there from Conway or points west of Little Rock then simply take I-40 East towards Little Rock, Memphis, etc.) Get into one of the left lanes and take Exit 155 for 67/167 North towards Jacksonville and the Little Rock Air Force Base. Go north, then take Exit 4 for Brockington/Brookswood Road. Go down to the light, then turn left. Go two blocks till you reach Warden Road, then go south for about three-quarters of a mile. Area 51 is in a strip mall between a car dealership and a Waffle House on the right hand side of the road. Enter Area 51 by going into Alibis, the bar next door.
Ones traveling from North Little Rock can get on JFK Boulevard and go north till reaching East Kiehl Avenue. Travel east on East Kiehl Avenue, following signs for Highway 67/167 South, which leads to Warden Road. Go south on Warden Road for about a mile; Area 51 will be on the right.
Or use the Google Map below for directions…