Episode 139: 1/24/2021 - 2020 Review Special
We returned to the airwaves and streams with our 2020 review show. 2020 was a horrible year, but some good music that came out during that time. We started with some EBM and industrial tracks. That was followed with a set of darkwave and sythpop tracks. Then we heard a set of post-punk, goth, and deathrock tracks, and we wrapped things up with some ambient and shoegaze tracks.
April 2, 2021 Update: We deleted this episode’s podcast after learning that Brandon Pybus of Sonsombre is a member of a racist neo-confederate group called the Sons of Confederate Veterans—whose members have been tied to other hate groups. We didn’t know that at the time this episode was made! We’re not down with racist and LGTBQ-phobic shit!
Related links and documentation:
- BloodStream video #20: Bloodstream video discussing the matter.
- Pybus’s name appears in this September 2015 newsletter, which announces his enrollment in the group. Warning: this link goes directly to a PDF which contains confederate flags, etc. Use caution and discretion when following this link.
- Pybus’s name appears in this September 2019 newsletter. Warning: this link goes directly to a PDF which contains confederate flags, etc. Use caution and discretion when following this link.
- Pybus’s name appears in this January 2021 newsletter, thus proving his membership in said group - Warning: this link goes directly to a PDF which contains confederate flags, etc. Use caution and discretion when following this link.
- Brandon Pybus of Sonsombre is a Racist and I Feel Betrayed as Hell Right Now at My Dystopian Life
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:07:34]
- Dismantled: No Escape (No Escape, 2020, Metropolis) [0:07:34 - 0:13:33]
- 3num3rat0r: Them (Them, 2020, Self-Released) [0:13:33 - 0:16:59]
- Chrome Corpse: Remembering Your Words (Helmet Mounted Display, 2020, Self-Released/Vertex Brain) [0:16:59 - 0:21:05]
- Pouppée Fabrikk: Only Control [3:39/120] (Armén, 2020, Alfa Matrix) [0:21:05 - 0:24:27]
- Zwaremachine: Ripping at the Fabric (Ripping at the Fabric, 2020, Brutal Resonance) [0:24:27 - 0:28:40]
- Linea Aspera: Solar Flare (Linea Aspera II, 2020, Self-Released) [0:31:58 - 0:37:35]
- Vandal Moon: Robot Lover (Black Kiss, 2020, Starfield Music/Graveface Recods/NeverNotGoth) [0:37:35 - 0:41:44]
- Riki: Napoleon (Riki, 2020, Dais Records) [0:41:44 - 0:46:19]
- Korine: Fate (The Night We Raise, 2020, Born Losers Records/Data Airlines/Other Voices Records) [0:46:19 - 0:50:01]
- Panic Priest: Nighthunter (Second Seduction, 2020, Negative Gain Productions) [0:50:01 - 0:54:06]
- Iceage: Lockdown Blues (Lockdown Blues, 2020, Big Love Records/Self-Released/Escho) [0:56:44 - 1:00:33]
- Executioner’s Mask: 1988 (Despair Anthems, 2020, Profound Lore) [1:00:33 - 1:04:51]
- Horror Vacui: Consolation Prize (Living For Nothing, 2020, Agipunk/Bat-Cave Productions) [1:04:51 - 1:09:08]
Sonsombre: Until the Sun Goes Down (One Thousand Graves, 2020, Post-Gothic) [1:09:08 - 1:12:13]
- Rope Sect: Rope of the Just (The Great Flood, 2020, Iron Bonehead Productions) [1:12:13 - 1:15:51]
- Ötzi: Hold Still (Storm, 2020, Artoffact Records) [1:15:51 - 1:19:22]
- Ringo Deathstarr: Once Upon a Freak (Ringo Deathstarr, 2020, Club AC30/Vinyl Junkie Recordings/The Reverberation Appreciation Society) [1:21:43 - 1:25:39]
- Nothing: Say Less (The Great Dismal, 2020, Relapse Records) [1:25:39 - 1:29:51]
- Ana Roxanne: A Study in Vastness (Because of a Flower, 2020, Kranky) [1:29:51 - 1:36:27]
- Celer: “VI” From Time? This. (Time? This., 2020, Self-Released) [1:36:27 - 1:43:43]