Arkansas and Mid-South Industrial/Post-Industrial Events Guide
Last Updated: October 1, 2020 @ 11:55 PM
Live music and events have pretty much been canceled for the indefinite future due to the Covid19 pandemic. We’ll list online events here when we get enough notice for them. Till then take care of each other, wash your hands, and put on a damn face mask before you go out.
Check out the Save Our Stages website from the National Independent Venue Association to help preserve independent live music venues in the US, which are in danger of closing due to the pandemic.
And wear a fucking mask when you go out! Covering up your nasty disease-spewing face holes will help end this pandemic sooner, which means we can have live events again.
Friday, October 9, 2020
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival: Friday October 9-17. This year’s Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival is a virtual event along with drive-in movie screenings. Further information can be found on their website at http://www.hsdfi.org/.
Saturday, October 10, 2020
- Club Nevermore Presents: A Night Like This with DJ Hollow + Clusters of Fornication Release Webshow. Clusters of Fornication will be doing a live webshow featuring tracks from their new release at 8 PM CT, followed by a chat session and DJ set at 9 PM.
Saturday, October 31, 2020
- Club Nevermore Presents Tracks & Treats starting at 8 PM CT on Club Nevermore’s Twitch Channel. Halloween’s not canceled, it’s just been moved online. Join DJ 10.29, DJ Dagger Dance, DJ Hollow, and me (Operator OT) for Club Nevermore’s online Halloween bash. We’re going to have a cool spooky music, a fun chat, and a costume contest!
Arkansas Music Venues
- Area 51: Sherwood (Little Rock area): Area 51 is located in Sherwood, a suburb of North Little Rock)
- The Backspace: Fayetteville
- Club Nevermore: Arkansas’s one and only goth-industrial club night! Check their Facebook page for upcoming events.
- Core Public House: Hot Springs
- EJ’s Eats & Drinks: Little Rock
- Low Key Arts: Hot Springs - Low Key Arts is the parent organization of our radio station, KUHS-LP Hot Springs 102.5 FM. (Alas, the Low Key Arts venue was a casualty of the Covid19 pandemic.)
- Maxine’s: Hot Springs
- Rev Room: Little Rock
- Starlite Club: Hot Springs
- Stickyz: Little Rock
- Vino’s: Little Rock
- White Water Tavern: Little Rock
- Canvas of Memphis: Memphis
- Growler’s: Memphis
- Lamplighter Lounge: Memphis
- P&H Cafe: Memphis
- Hi-Tone Cafe: Memphis
- Barracuda: Austin
- Deep Ellum Art Co.: Dallas
- The Elysium Austin: Austin
- Empire Control Room: Austin
- Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill: Dallas
- Independent Bar & Kitchen: Dallas
- Industry Alley Bar: Dallas
- The Kessler Theater: Dallas
- The Lost Well: Austin
- The Mohawk: Austin
- The Nines Bar - Deep Ellum: Dallas
- Paper Tiger: San Antonio
- Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios: Denton/Dallas
- Three Links: Dallas
- The Trees: Dallas
- Gasa Gasa: New Orleans
- The Goat: New Orleans
- The Mudlark Public Theatre: New Orleans
- Poor Boys Bar: New Orleans
- Santos Bar: New Orleans
- Front of House Lounge: Springfield, MO
- MiniBar KC: Kansas City, MO
- The Record Bar: Kansas City, MO
- The Riot Room: Kansas City, MO
- The Roxy Bar: Shawnee, KS/Kansas City, MO
- Little Rock Goth and Industrial Facebook Group
- KABF 88.3 FM - Little Rock, AR: Little Rock’s community radio station.
- KUHS-LP Hot Springs 102.5 FM - Hot Springs, AR: The station our shows airs on. It’s also the only solar-powered radio station in Arkansas.
- The Night Before Tomorrow Our fried Gary (DJ 10.29/Club Nevermore) now has own radio show. Check it out!
- Valley of the Vapors Music Festival: Hot Springs music festival with a variety of artists, which happens in Hot Springs, Arkansas during March. Check their website for complete lineup and schedule, etc.
- Control (Little Rock): Record store located in Little Rock’s Hillcrest neighborhood.
- Arcana: A Gothic Gathering: Goth-industrial event in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Attrition: New Orleans: Puts on goth-industrial nights and concerts in New Orleans.
- Das Machine - Austin, TX: Monthly EBM/Industrial party in Austin, TX.
- Dark Entries: Goth Radio: Radio show on WUSC in South Carolina hosted by my friend DJ D. Check their page for their broadcast schedule and links to its podcast.
- Finally Friday on KUHS-LP Check out Finally Friday, hosted by Sonny Kay and (sometimes co-hosted by yours truly), for a fun and energetic punk, new wave, post-punk, and more.
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival - All documentary film festival in October. Check their site for schedule, admission details, etc.
- Hot Springs Horror Film Festival - Festival usually happens in September.
- Industrial Goth Underground Kansas City Facebook Page
- New Orleans Noise Music Facebook Community
- Malediction Radio on KUHS-LP If you’re into metal check out our friend Jonathan’s show Malediction Radio, which airs Sundays 5-6 PM.
- Masks For All: Covering up your disease-spewing face holes while out in public will make the pandemic go away faster.
- Memphis Concrète Festival - Memphis, TN: Experimental and electronic music festival in Memphis, TN, which also does shows and events throughout the year. Check their site for shows and events.
- Panoptikon Industrial Discotheque - Dallas: Venue in Dallas that also hosts Industrial Discotheque nights.
- Parabellum: DJ 10.29 is starting a new Friday night live stream for hard industrial, etc.
- Shadow Transmission: Our friend Sean has a podcast and website devoted to promoting alterative/fringe/dark culture-type things made or going on in the state of Arkansas. Check it out!
- Torment - Springfield, MO: Gothic, Industrial, Dark EDM night in Springfield, MO.
- Where’s Your Goth At?: Interactive Google Map of goth clubs, venues, and more.