Arkansas and Mid-South Industrial/Post-Industrial Events Guide
Last Updated: April 17, 2021 @ 4:50 PM
Live music and events have pretty much been canceled for the indefinite future due to the Covid19 pandemic. We’ll list online events here when we get enough notice for them. Till then take care of each other, wash your hands, and put on a damn face mask before you go out.
Check out the Save Our Stages website from the National Independent Venue Association to help preserve independent live music venues in the US, which are in danger of closing due to the pandemic.
And wear a fucking mask when you go out! Covering up your nasty disease-spewing face holes will help end this pandemic sooner, which means we can have live events again.
Update April 17, 2021: Arkansas residents 16 years of age and up qualify for the Covid19 vaccine. Consult the State of Arkansas’s Covid19 Vaccination plans for further information, or consult https://vaccinefinder.org/search/ to find one near you.
Saturday, April 24, 2021
- Club Nevermore April 2021 Sequnece #2 with: music reviews by Shadow Transmission’s Fringe Benefits; Music videos with Nevermore TV; DIY crafts by Ghoul &;amp; Gourd; and goth-industrial DJ sets by DJ 10.29, Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm. Starts at 9 PM Central Time (10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific/02:00 UTC) on Club Nevermore’s Twitch channel.
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- Parabellum Stream #4 with Club Nevermore’s DJ Graveyard Gloria and DJ 10.29. Starts at 8 PM Central Time on https://www.twitch.tv/parabellummusic.
Arkansas Music Venues
- Area 51: Sherwood (Little Rock area): Area 51 is located in Sherwood, a suburb of North Little Rock)
- The Backspace: Fayetteville
- Club Nevermore: Arkansas’s one and only goth-industrial club night! Check their Facebook page for upcoming events.
- Core Public House: Hot Springs
- EJ’s Eats & Drinks: Little Rock
- Low Key Arts: Hot Springs - Low Key Arts is the parent organization of our radio station, KUHS-LP Hot Springs 102.5 FM. (Alas, the Low Key Arts venue was a casualty of the Covid19 pandemic.)
- Maxine’s: Hot Springs
- Rev Room: Little Rock
- Starlite Club: Hot Springs
- Stickyz: Little Rock
- Vino’s: Little Rock
- White Water Tavern: Little Rock
- Canvas of Memphis: Memphis
- Growler’s: Memphis
- Lamplighter Lounge: Memphis
- P&H Cafe: Memphis
- Hi-Tone Cafe: Memphis
- Barracuda: Austin
- Deep Ellum Art Co.: Dallas
- The Elysium Austin: Austin
- Empire Control Room: Austin
- Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill: Dallas
- Independent Bar & Kitchen: Dallas
- Industry Alley Bar: Dallas
- The Kessler Theater: Dallas
- The Lost Well: Austin
- The Mohawk: Austin
- The Nines Bar - Deep Ellum: Dallas
- Paper Tiger: San Antonio
- Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios: Denton/Dallas
- Three Links: Dallas
- The Trees: Dallas
- Gasa Gasa: New Orleans
- The Goat: New Orleans
- The Mudlark Public Theatre: New Orleans
- Poor Boys Bar: New Orleans
- Santos Bar: New Orleans
- Front of House Lounge: Springfield, MO
- MiniBar KC: Kansas City, MO
- The Record Bar: Kansas City, MO
- The Riot Room: Kansas City, MO
- The Roxy Bar: Shawnee, KS/Kansas City, MO
- Little Rock Goth and Industrial Facebook Group
- KABF 88.3 FM - Little Rock, AR: Little Rock’s community radio station.
- KUHS-LP Hot Springs 102.5 FM - Hot Springs, AR: The station our shows airs on. It’s also the only solar-powered radio station in Arkansas.
- The Night Before Tomorrow Our fried Gary (DJ 10.29/Club Nevermore) now has own radio show. Check it out!
- Valley of the Vapors Music Festival: Hot Springs music festival with a variety of artists, which happens in Hot Springs, Arkansas during March. Check their website for complete lineup and schedule, etc.
- Control (Little Rock): Record store located in Little Rock’s Hillcrest neighborhood.
- Arcana: A Gothic Gathering: Goth-industrial event in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Attrition: New Orleans: Puts on goth-industrial nights and concerts in New Orleans.
- Das Machine - Austin, TX: Monthly EBM/Industrial party in Austin, TX.
- Dark Entries: Goth Radio: Radio show on WUSC in South Carolina hosted by my friend DJ D. Check their page for their broadcast schedule and links to its podcast.
- Finally Friday on KUHS-LP Check out Finally Friday, hosted by Sonny Kay, Danny P and sometimes yours truly (Operator OT), for a fun and energetic punk, new wave, post-punk, and more. Airs Fridays, 8-10 PM CT on KUHS-LP 102.5 FM Hot Springs and streams at kuhsradio.org
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival - All documentary film festival in October. Check their site for schedule, admission details, etc.
- Hot Springs Horror Film Festival - Horror movie festival in September. Check their site for schedule, admission details, etc.
- Industrial Goth Underground Kansas City Facebook Page
- New Orleans Noise Music Facebook Community
- Malediction Radio on KUHS-LP If you’re into metal check out our friend Jonathan’s show Malediction Radio, which airs Sundays 5-6 PM.
- Masks For All: Covering up your disease-spewing face holes while out in public will make the pandemic go away faster.
- Memphis Concrète Festival - Memphis, TN: Experimental and electronic music festival in Memphis, TN, which also does shows and events throughout the year. Check their site for shows and events.
- Outrage Radio: Our friend Danny P has his own show, playing shoegaze, noise rock, no wave, and more, on Wednesdays at 4-6 PM CT on KUHS-LP.
- Panoptikon Industrial Discotheque - Dallas: Venue in Dallas that also hosts Industrial Discotheque nights.
- Parabellum: Club Nevermore’s DJ Graveyard Gloria and DJ 10.29 do streams every other Tuesday, in which they spin harder industrial, EBM, aggrotech, etc.
- Shadow Transmission: Our friend Sean has a podcast and website devoted to promoting alterative/fringe/dark culture-type things made or going on in the state of Arkansas, and their spin-off show Fringe Benefits does music reviews. Check it out!
- Torment - Springfield, MO: Gothic, Industrial, Dark EDM night in Springfield, MO.
- Where’s Your Goth At?: Interactive Google Map of goth clubs, venues, and more.