Arkansas and Mid-South Industrial/Post-Industrial Events Guide
Last Updated: September 20, 2021 @ 1:00 AM
Update April 17, 2021: Arkansas residents 12 years of age and up qualify for the Covid19 vaccine. Consult the State of Arkansas’s Covid19 Vaccination plans for further information, or consult https://vaccinefinder.org/search/ to find one near you. The sooner the pandemic get stopped, the sooner it will be to do live events and music.
Here’s a list of upcoming shows and events in the industrial/post-industrial, darkwave, goth, experimental, etc. music fields happening in Arkansas and the nearby region. (At the moment we’ll be including events within a roughly 500-mile area, which will include metro areas of Little Rock, Arkansas; Dallas and Austin, Texas; Memphis, Tennessee; New Orleans, Louisiana; and Kansas City, Missouri.) Events on this page are organized chronologically. Please check with the event’s organizer(s) or venue for tickets and other information—especially before making travel plans.
Friday, October 1 and Saturday, October 2, 2021
- Valley of the Vapors Independent Music Festival with: Psychic Graveyard, Deeper, Ohmme, We Are the Asteroid, Crush Diamond, Holy Wave, Various Blonde, Silver Synthetic, Esmé Patterson, Dendrons, and Esteromance at Cedar Glades Park in Hot Springs on Friday, October 1 and Saturday, October 2. Consult valleyofthevapors.com for full schedule and tickets.
Saturday, October 2, 2021
- ACA (Arkansas Community Advocates) Benefit Concert Stream with Das Gift, AnotherTheory, THISNESS, Clusters of Fornication, S.J. Tucker, Nick House & The Lapsed Catholics. This is a streaming event that’s also a benefit for Arkansas Community Advocates, which provides low-income and homeless people in Arkansas with meals, non-perishable food, hygiene supplies, overdose reversal kits, and more!
Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Club Nevermore Presents: The Haunting Season, at Area 51 in Sherwood. DJ 10.29, DJ Graveyard Gloria, Operator OT, and DJ Wilhelm will be spinning cool and spooky goth-industrial, etc., plus a burlesque performance by Jezebelle Jaxx, a costume contest, and more! Note: proof of covid vaccination or a 48-hour negative covid test is required for entry. We recommend putting a photo of your vaccination card on your phone.
Sunday, October 24, 2021
- The Pop Ritual, Mvtant, and Lunacy at The Hi-Tone Cafe (Small Room) in Memphis, TN.
Arkansas Music Venues
- Area 51:, 6511 Warden Road in Sherwood.
The Backspace: Fayetteville(Alas, The Backspace was another casaulty of the covid19 pandemic.)
- Club Nevermore: Arkansas’s one and only goth-industrial club night! Check their Facebook page for upcoming events.
- The Trough Bar & Grill (Formerly Core Public House), 833 Central Avenue, Hot Springs.
- EJ’s Eats & Drinks, 523 Center Street, Little Rock.
- Low Key Arts: Hot Springs - Low Key Arts is the parent organization of our radio station, KUHS-LP Hot Springs 102.5 FM. (Alas, the Low Key Arts venue was a casualty of the Covid19 pandemic.)
- Maxine’s, 700 Central Avenue, Hot Springs.
- Rev Room, 300 President Clinton Avenue, Little Rock.
- Starlite Club, 230 Ouachita Avenue, Hot Springs.
- Stickyz, 107 River Market Avenue, Little Rock.
- Vino’s, 923 West 7th St., Little Rock.
- White Water Tavern, 2500 West 7th St., Little Rock.
- Canvas of Memphis: Memphis
- Growler’s: Memphis
- Lamplighter Lounge: Memphis
- P&H Cafe: Memphis
- Hi-Tone Cafe: Memphis
- Barracuda: Austin
- Deep Ellum Art Co.: Dallas
- The Elysium Austin: Austin
- Empire Control Room: Austin
- Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill: Dallas
- Independent Bar & Kitchen: Dallas
- Industry Alley Bar: Dallas
- The Kessler Theater: Dallas
- The Lost Well: Austin
- The Mohawk: Austin
- The Nines Bar - Deep Ellum: Dallas
- Paper Tiger: San Antonio
- Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studios: Denton/Dallas
- Three Links: Dallas
- The Trees: Dallas
- Gasa Gasa: New Orleans
- The Goat: New Orleans
- The Mudlark Public Theatre: New Orleans
- Poor Boys Bar: New Orleans
- Santos Bar: New Orleans
- Front of House Lounge: Springfield, MO
- MiniBar KC: Kansas City, MO
- The Record Bar: Kansas City, MO
- The Riot Room: Kansas City, MO
- The Roxy Bar: Shawnee, KS/Kansas City, MO
- Little Rock Goth and Industrial Facebook Group
- KABF 88.3 FM - Little Rock, AR: Little Rock’s community radio station.
- KUHS-LP Hot Springs 102.5 FM - Hot Springs, AR: The station our shows airs on. It’s also the only solar-powered radio station in Arkansas.
- The Night Before Tomorrow Our fried Gary (DJ 10.29/Club Nevermore) now has own radio show. Check it out!
- Valley of the Vapors Music Festival: Hot Springs music festival with a variety of artists, which happens in Hot Springs, Arkansas during March. Check their website for complete lineup and schedule, etc.
- Control (Little Rock): Record store located in Little Rock’s Hillcrest neighborhood.
- Arcana: A Gothic Gathering: Goth-industrial event in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Attrition: New Orleans: Puts on goth-industrial nights and concerts in New Orleans.
- Das Machine - Austin, TX: Monthly EBM/Industrial party in Austin, TX.
- Dark Entries: Goth Radio: Radio show on WUSC in South Carolina hosted by my friend DJ D. Check their page for their broadcast schedule and links to its podcast.
- Finally Friday on KUHS-LP Check out Finally Friday, hosted by Sonny Kay, Danny P and sometimes yours truly (Operator OT), for a fun and energetic punk, new wave, post-punk, and more. Airs Fridays, 8-10 PM CT on KUHS-LP 102.5 FM Hot Springs and streams at kuhsradio.org
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival - All documentary film festival in October. Check their site for schedule, admission details, etc.
- Hot Springs Horror Film Festival - Horror movie festival in September. Check their site for schedule, admission details, etc.
- Industrial Goth Underground Kansas City Facebook Page
- Into the Black Lodge: New goth-industrial show on KUHS-LP, on Wednesdays at 6-8 PM CT.
- New Orleans Noise Music Facebook Community
- Malediction Radio on KUHS-LP If you’re into metal check out our friend Jonathan’s show Malediction Radio, which airs Sundays 5-6 PM.
- Masks For All: Covering up your disease-spewing face holes while out in public will make the pandemic go away faster.
- Memphis Concrète Festival - Memphis, TN: Experimental and electronic music festival in Memphis, TN, which also does shows and events throughout the year. Check their site for shows and events.
- Outrage Radio: Our friend Danny P has his own show, playing shoegaze, noise rock, no wave, and more, on Wednesdays at 4-6 PM CT on KUHS-LP.
- Panoptikon Industrial Discotheque - Dallas: Venue in Dallas that also hosts Industrial Discotheque nights.
- Parabellum: Club Nevermore’s DJ Graveyard Gloria and DJ 10.29 do streams every other Tuesday, in which they spin harder industrial, EBM, aggrotech, etc.
- Procession Magazine The hot new print magazine covering goth, post-punk, darkwave, etc.
- Shadow Transmission: Our friends DJ Hollow and DJ Dagger Dance have podcast and website devoted to promoting alterative/fringe/dark culture-type things made or going on in the state of Arkansas, and their spin-off show Fringe Benefits does music reviews. Check it out!
- Torment - Springfield, MO: Gothic, Industrial, Dark EDM night in Springfield, MO.
- Where’s Your Goth At?: Interactive Google Map of goth clubs, venues, and more.