Episode 139: 1/24/2021 - 2020 Review Special
We returned to the airwaves and streams with our 2020 review show. 2020 was a horrible year, but some good music that came out during that time. We started with some EBM and industrial tracks. That was followed with a set of darkwave and sythpop tracks. Then we heard a set of post-punk, goth, and deathrock tracks, and we wrapped things up with some ambient and shoegaze tracks.
April 2, 2021 Update: We deleted this episode’s podcast after reading that Brandon Pybus (Sonsombre) is a member of a racist neo-confederate group. We didn’t know that at the time this episode was made. We’re not down with racist and LGTBQ-phobic shit!
- BloodStream video #20: Bloodstream video discussing the matter.
- Pybus’s name appears in this January 2021 newsletter, thus proving his membership in said group - Warning: this link goes directly to a newsletter containing confederate flags, etc. Use caution when following this link.
- Brandon Pybus of Sonsombre is a Racist and I Feel Betrayed as Hell Right Now at My Dystopian Life
- Half Machine Lip Moves Introduction [0:00:00 - 0:07:34]
- Dismantled: No Escape (No Escape, 2020, Metropolis) [0:07:34 - 0:13:33]
- 3num3rat0r: Them (Them, 2020, Self-Released) [0:13:33 - 0:16:59]
- Chrome Corpse: Remembering Your Words (Helmet Mounted Display, 2020, Self-Released/Vertex Brain) [0:16:59 - 0:21:05]
- Pouppée Fabrikk: Only Control [3:39/120] (Armén, 2020, Alfa Matrix) [0:21:05 - 0:24:27]
- Zwaremachine: Ripping at the Fabric (Ripping at the Fabric, 2020, Brutal Resonance) [0:24:27 - 0:28:40]
- Linea Aspera: Solar Flare (Linea Aspera II, 2020, Self-Released) [0:31:58 - 0:37:35]
- Vandal Moon: Robot Lover (Black Kiss, 2020, Starfield Music/Graveface Recods/NeverNotGoth) [0:37:35 - 0:41:44]
- Riki: Napoleon (Riki, 2020, Dais Records) [0:41:44 - 0:46:19]
- Korine: Fate (The Night We Raise, 2020, Born Losers Records/Data Airlines/Other Voices Records) [0:46:19 - 0:50:01]
- Panic Priest: Nighthunter (Second Seduction, 2020, Negative Gain Productions) [0:50:01 - 0:54:06]
- Iceage: Lockdown Blues (Lockdown Blues, 2020, Big Love Records/Self-Released/Escho) [0:56:44 - 1:00:33]
- Executioner’s Mask: 1988 (Despair Anthems, 2020, Profound Lore) [1:00:33 - 1:04:51]
- Horror Vacui: Consolation Prize (Living For Nothing, 2020, Agipunk/Bat-Cave Productions) [1:04:51 - 1:09:08]
Sonsombre: Until the Sun Goes Down (One Thousand Graves, 2020, Post-Gothic) [1:09:08 - 1:12:13]
- Rope Sect: Rope of the Just (The Great Flood, 2020, Iron Bonehead Productions) [1:12:13 - 1:15:51]
- Ötzi: Hold Still (Storm, 2020, Artoffact Records) [1:15:51 - 1:19:22]
- Ringo Deathstarr: Once Upon a Freak (Ringo Deathstarr, 2020, Club AC30/Vinyl Junkie Recordings/The Reverberation Appreciation Society) [1:21:43 - 1:25:39]
- Nothing: Say Less (The Great Dismal, 2020, Relapse Records) [1:25:39 - 1:29:51]
- Ana Roxanne: A Study in Vastness (Because of a Flower, 2020, Kranky) [1:29:51 - 1:36:27]
- Celer: “VI” From Time? This. (Time? This., 2020, Self-Released) [1:36:27 - 1:43:43]